My mom and me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Appreciate prayer for my 93 year old, disabled mom. I am caring for her at our apartment.

Her blood pressure was always normal. But the home care nurses have been getting high blood pressure readings from her. When her physical therapist takes it, the pressure is lower.... although still a little high.

I have to talk with her doctor tomorrow...she accidentally sent a prescription to the wrong pharmacy, so I didn't know anything about it. I hate to have my mom's pressure drop too low if she really doesn't need the medication. Or see if she needs lower dose....

Also, appreciate prayers for me as mom is deaf, too, besides homebound. Nobody to take care of her if I pass away first. I have a periodic health issue.... appreciate prayers. Thanks.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Appreciate prayer for my 93 year old, disabled mom. I am caring for her at our apartment.

Her blood pressure was always normal. But the home care nurses have been getting high blood pressure readings from her. When her physical therapist takes it, the pressure is lower.... although still a little high.

I have to talk with her doctor tomorrow...she accidentally sent a prescription to the wrong pharmacy, so I didn't know anything about it. I hate to have my mom's pressure drop too low if she really doesn't need the medication. Or see if she needs lower dose....

Also, appreciate prayers for me as mom is deaf, too, besides homebound. Nobody to take care of her if I pass away first. I have a periodic health issue.... appreciate prayers. Thanks.

Prayer said for your dear mother.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for your mom and you. My Dad is getting older too. It is difficult to see that. I love him and mom passed away about a year or two ago.
My dad passed away in 2015 at the age of 80. It was his time. A few nights later he came to me in a dream to let me know that he was alive and better than ever!

My mother is 91 with dementia and she lives with my wife and me.

I thank our generous Father in Heaven for blessing me with them.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you and your mom Debp. If it were to happen and you did pass before her, God would take over, or at least the church should take over. Has she been a church goer? Just wondered if any help FROM the church has been offered you. You are honoring her as the bible tells us to! Amen sister.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for both of you.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for you and your mom Debp. If it were to happen and you did pass before her, God would take over, or at least the church should take over. Has she been a church goer? Just wondered if any help FROM the church has been offered you. You are honoring her as the bible tells us to! Amen sister.
She is a Christian but homebound for years....only now I cannot even get her outside to the doctor in the taxi. This total homebound state happened after the hospital stay last October.

We always went to church and loved it. However, many years ago our churches went way liberal with all of the gay stuff. So I quit going first, then finally mom did.

So no church help for us.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
She is a Christian but homebound for years....only now I cannot even get her outside to the doctor in the taxi. This total homebound state happened after the hospital stay last October.

We always went to church and loved it. However, many years ago our churches went way liberal with all of the gay stuff. So I quit going first, then finally mom did.

So no church help for us.
With the churches today, even if you did stay, I doubt you would get much if any help sister. God give you much strength and joy even, for taking care of your mom. Bless you!

Reactions: Debp