My proper introduction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
Sorry, I have been posting around, but I have not yet made my proper introduction.Hello, I am Matthew Wesley Miller (MWM). I am from New Jersey, USA. I was born a Roman Catholic, but I have only just recently began to become devout in my Christian faith. I attend Mass every Sunday, and I pray to God everyday. Yahweh has helped me through a lot of my life. And the power of Christ drives me in my passion of filmmaking and writing. Besides writing and filmmaking, I am also interested in politics. My political lean is conservative, and I broke away from the rest of my Democrat family and I am now a Republican.My family's patron saint is St. Gerard.I am an Italian American, and I love pasta
biggrin.gif
.As much as I love Christ and the Roman Catholic Church, I will not become a priest when I grow older. I hope to be involved in the film industry. But, I shall continue to fill my Sunday obligation each week.I hope to have many great conversations, and to live in peace and harmony with my fellow brothers in Christ!God bless! :bible:
smile.gif

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Tell me something. Why is there a Pope? Why would we ever need a Pope?Just be a Christian, where the only one thing ruling your life is Christ.
wink.gif

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
"sunday obligation" ? I would consider re-wording that one. I personally feel that I GET to go to church and worship on sundays, and everyother day of the week!!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(followerofchrist;36410)
"sunday obligation" ? I would consider re-wording that one. I personally feel that I GET to go to church and worship on sundays, and everyother day of the week!!
Yeah I agree, don't treat mass as an obligation, you won't get anything out of it.treat mass as a joy, a present, a fulfillment. You will get much more out of it.

sevver

Dec 31, 2006
what I would like to know, is why should it only be Sunday? Church is us, believers in Christ, believers in the Grace that saves us. Church is our getting together in fellowship, building relationships and loving each other. Church has nothing to do with Mass, it has nothing to do with a building, absolutely nothing to do with an institution, it has everything to do with us spreading the word of Jesus Christ.On a side note, I am not anti-church, I go to church, and am active in it. I believe in what we are trying to do. I feel strongly in our methods of getting seekers into church and getting them active being missional in our community. I have been involved in "church" that met regularly that was not an institution, and I got just as much, if not more out of that. God Bless you Brothers

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
I apologize for the "obligation" comment. I simply stated that term because it is used most often by my Church. Sorry.I am not forced to go to Mass, and I don't go because I have to, I go because I want to.I sometimes go to Church during the week, but I always go on Sunday. I would really like to go to Mass every day, because I feel we should go everyday. But being a young boy, it is pretty difficult with school and work and everything.I hope that I did not stir up controversy! I just wanted to introduce myself! Sorry for any trouble I have caused.U just want everyone to know the name of thy God, and pray to Him.God bless you all.

sevver

Dec 31, 2006
Mainly what I was trying to say, is that church is not a building, it is right where you are. You are the church, you are part of the body, Christ is the head, the body of Christ is the church. Going to church everyday will not get you saved. Saying repetitive prayers will not get you into heaven, the rosary will not get you into heaven. Communion is not eating a wafer and drinking wine or grape juice, it is eating and celebrating with fellow believers. Christianity is really pretty simple. Man has seriously complicated it.

MWM

Feb 16, 2008
Mainly what I was trying to say, is that church is not a building, it is right where you are. You are the church, you are part of the body, Christ is the head, the body of Christ is the church. Going to church everyday will not get you saved. Saying repetitive prayers will not get you into heaven, the rosary will not get you into heaven. Communion is not eating a wafer and drinking wine or grape juice, it is eating and celebrating with fellow believers. Christianity is really pretty simple. Man has seriously complicated it.
Amen!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
You didn't cause any problems mathew, I just wanted to make a point about what you should view church as.I wasn't criticising you in any way.oh and by the way welcome to the boardget high off JesusNo drug references in thatI'm serious!!!your brother in christRyan Fitz