My Scripture Can Beat Up Your Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hezekiah

Oct 30, 2012
NONE of us know the truth. That is why there are so many different denominations. We have a God-given conscience to guide us.
There is a blessed promise though that one day we will all know the truth:

1Ti_2:4

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
NONE of us know the truth. That is why there are so many different denominations. We have a God-given conscience to guide us.
There is a blessed promise though that one day we will all know the truth:

1Ti_2:4

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

I disagree. If "NONE of us know the truth" how is it possible for ANY to be saved? The reason there are different denominations is because man has gotten in the way and confused things for those that allow it. The truth is not for "one day".

Hezekiah

Oct 30, 2012
To The Gypsy:

Apparently you didn't read the first part of the little scripture I posted. There were TWO things stated in that little scripture.

He even promised to save some by the foolishness of preaching. LOL.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
The only constant is the Holy Spirit. If everyone would submit to Him I believe we would come into agreement.

There are no exhortations to submit to a spirit, a spiritual force, spiritual energy, manifest spirit, even the holy spirit. NEVER. In fact, the entire idea of submitting passively to manifest spirit is occult in nature.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
I differ with you Big D. Does not it say in john 16:13,

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

Are we not goaded by the Spirit? Do we not speak as the Spirit gives the utterance?

And finally, is not the Holy Spirit simply the Spirit of God our Father? Are you saying that nowhere in scripture are we supposed to submit to God?

From whence cometh your doctrine?

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
1 John 4:1
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

From whence forth here

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Yes, but do believe the Holy Spirit.

I believe that God has revealed Himself in times past in many and diverse manors. In these Last days He has done so through His Son Jesus Christ. However, it was expedient for Jesus to leave so that the comforter i.e. the Holy Spirit (simply God for He is a Spirit and is Holy) could indwell each of us who asked for and received the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. (wow, long sentence.) Therefore, the manifestation of God which is front and center now days is the Holy Spirit and we are to Submit to Him for He is God.

When you start to learn truth it is a difficult thing to resist spirits of pride. I know this because I experienced this when I was in Bible College. I look back upon those times and realize that I was not walking in the Spirit even though I thought I was. I came to realize that only through submission to the Holy Spirit could I do anything worthwhile in God's kingdom. In the final analysis it is not about scripture but about knowing God. There are some Pharisees who will spend eternity in the lake of fire while people who did not ever open a bible will live in paradise. We hear with our hearts and not our heads.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
When you start to learn truth it is a difficult thing to resist spirits of pride. I know this because I experienced this when I was in Bible College. I look back upon those times and realize that I was not walking in the Spirit even though I thought I was. I came to realize that only through submission to the Holy Spirit could I do anything worthwhile in God's kingdom. In the final analysis it is not about scripture but about knowing God. There are some Pharisees who will spend eternity in the lake of fire while people who did not ever open a bible will live in paradise. We hear with our hearts and not our heads.

Romans 10
[sup]14 [/sup]How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? [sup]15 [/sup]And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:

“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,[sup][h][/sup]
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”[sup][i][/sup]
[sup]16 [/sup]But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”[sup][j][/sup] [sup]17 [/sup]So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
[sup]18 [/sup]But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed:

“Their sound has gone out to all the earth,
And their words to the ends of the world.”[sup][k][/sup]
[sup]19 [/sup]But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says:

“I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation,
I will move you to anger by a foolish nation.”[sup][l][/sup]
[sup]20 [/sup]But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”[sup][m][/sup]
[sup]21 [/sup]But to Israel he says:

“All day long I have stretched out My hands
To a disobedient and contrary people.”[sup][n][/sup]

1 John 4:1

IMO your not passing with very high marks, maybe bible collage wasn't such a good idea

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
I disagree. If "NONE of us know the truth" how is it possible for ANY to be saved? The reason there are different denominations is because man has gotten in the way and confused things for those that allow it. The truth is not for "one day".

It is Not and they are not. You are correct about the different denominations.

Hi all,

The point is that we are never going to come into a unity of the faith unless there is a unity of the Spirit first. The unity of the Spirit will only come through a shared experience of God. Using scripture to fence with each other is getting us nowhere. We must come to knowledge of the truth through being in the presence of God. Do we want to play rock'em sock'em scripture debate or do we want to know what and who God really is?

Through the spirit I know instantly if there is the ring of truth to what I read and what I hear. If I hear my Father’s voice then I look closer. This is how I approach learning new truth. I really don't care if the ring or truth I hear is from something I have not considered or that contradics what i have always believed...I just want the truth no matter what it is. None of my doctrines are set in stone whereas many peoples doctrines are all mixed up and set like cement.

Some people have great intellects but they are ineffectual because they do not allow God to lead them out of the ruts they have dug for themselves. Wrong is wrong no matter how much study you have put into it but unless you are willing to let the Holy Spirit show you something completely different you will not be able to be led by His Spirit. So much of what people believe is so wrong yet they are so entrenched in their dogma that they can see nothing else.

It comes down to humility and submission to the Holy Spirit. If I hear my Fathers voice when you write or speak I will listen no matter who you are. If I do not hear my Fathers voice when you write or speak I won't pay attention to anything you have to say. Thus your intellect or scriptural proof means nothing to me unless I hear the voice of God in it. If you have a problem with this then I suggest that you don't trust the Holy Spirit to lead and guide others into the truth. I hear my Fathers voice because I am of His flock...if you do not speak with His voice I will not hear you or follow what you say.

The Spirit comes from God. No man can come to the unity of God's Spirit. You have to ask God and He has to be willing.

Mathew 12
43 "When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Perhaps it should be said that none of us understand the total truth. We all have some portion of the truth else we could not walk in the light. I would say, though, that all of us possess far less of the the truth than we might imagine.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Perhaps it should be said that none of us understand the total truth. We all have some portion of the truth else we could not walk in the light. I would say, though, that all of us possess far less of the the truth than we might imagine.

Thats the smartest thing you've said in all your post and thread starteres

Reactions: biggandyy

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012

Do you say this because you want everyone to be like you or fit into the slot that you have created for yourself?
When Elijah thought that he was the only one God let him in on another truth.
Why would you think that no one understands the total truth?
I assure you that God has those reserved who understand the total truth.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear SC,

The total truth is not attainable becasue we are not yet perfected. We all have approximations of the truth and I believe that the truth we think we have is less than what we may suspect.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to get at by saying that I wish for everyone to believe like me. I simply believe that we should all, as the body or Christ, listen, hear, and obey the voice of God.

Please name five people you are aquainted with that know the total truth.