My Scripture Can Beat Up Your Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
That would be an IEB

Improvised
Exploding
Bible

Lots of people carry them these days.
So what else is not so new these days?

Spirit Covenant

Nov 5, 2012
Hi all,

The point is that we are never going to come into a unity of the faith unless there is a unity of the Spirit first. The unity of the Spirit will only come through a shared experience of God. Using scripture to fence with each other is getting us nowhere. We must come to knowledge of the truth through being in the presence of God. Do we want to play rock'em sock'em scripture debate or do we want to know what and who God really is?

Through the spirit I know instantly if there is the ring of truth to what I read and what I hear. If I hear my Father’s voice then I look closer. This is how I approach learning new truth. I really don't care if the ring or truth I hear is from something I have not considered or that contradics what i have always believed...I just want the truth no matter what it is. None of my doctrines are set in stone whereas many peoples doctrines are all mixed up and set like cement.

Some people have great intellects but they are ineffectual because they do not allow God to lead them out of the ruts they have dug for themselves. Wrong is wrong no matter how much study you have put into it but unless you are willing to let the Holy Spirit show you something completely different you will not be able to be led by His Spirit. So much of what people believe is so wrong yet they are so entrenched in their dogma that they can see nothing else.

It comes down to humility and submission to the Holy Spirit. If I hear my Fathers voice when you write or speak I will listen no matter who you are. If I do not hear my Fathers voice when you write or speak I won't pay attention to anything you have to say. Thus your intellect or scriptural proof means nothing to me unless I hear the voice of God in it. If you have a problem with this then I suggest that you don't trust the Holy Spirit to lead and guide others into the truth. I hear my Fathers voice because I am of His flock...if you do not speak with His voice I will not hear you or follow what you say.

23 If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
35 Therefore take heed that the light which is in you is not darkness.

But if the light that you have is darkness how will you be able to heed.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
I am a Tabernacle Christian. Meaning, I believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God and my only savior. I am Spirit filled and speak in other tougnes as the Spirit gives the utternace. Lastly, I have partially entered into the tabernacle experience, the final feast, which is characterized by Divine Love.

Hopes that answers your question a bit.

Blessings,

Justin

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Justin, what religion are you even? mormon, jehovas witness, buhdist??

He doesn't believe in the trinity His second post here was in the polygamy thread

First post a thread starter
http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/16987-heavenly-bodies/page__view__findpost__p__172570
Heavenly Bodies

second post
I believe that polygamy is not sinful based on this scripture,

"I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living."

Matthew 22:32

Abraham had two wives, Issac had one, Jacob had four. Obviously, it makes no difference to God.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
you believe that Jesus is the son of God but not that he is God?
i was wondering what the gist of this tabernacle experience is?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
well Rex i wanted him to give me his gist of it because he seems to have a different spin on every issue so far.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
He doesn't commit to anything so far except polygamy that he will quote verse on and dig pretty deep
As for the rest of his thread starter topics and defining the ground where he stands hes very elusive.

Sorry to butt in but I doubt he would clearly define his position or the foundation he bases himself.
I'll shut up now I've be blabbing most the day, really trying to stir up some solid food.

God Bless ya

BTW you probably suspect as I do his real church affiliation

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Hi team,

I believe that Jesus is the son of God. I believe that God created the seed that impregnated Mary and resulted in Jesus being born. I do not believe in a pre-existent Christ. I believe the logos is the plan of God rather than a being that was with God from eternity. Jesus, for all intents and purposes, is indistinguishable from God after the Spirit descended upon Him as His baptism. From then on Jesus was the express image of God. Jesus is the first born of many brethren and whereas He was given the Spirit without measure, we as His body, are given the Spirit by measure. We are each to grown into the fullness and stature of Jesus Christ. We do this by yielding to the Spirit of our Father as He did as far as possible.

The Tabernacle experience is the fulfillment of this "Christ likeness" that God wishes for us all to have. It is oneness with God as individuals and as the body of Christ. Whereas Jesus said, "if you have seen me you have seen the Father" we, as His body will say, "if you have seen us you have seen the Father."

The Tabernacle experience is the third and final step in this process in the gentile church age. As we become one with God as Christ was one with God we begin to manifest His love...which is the primary characteristic of coming into the tabernacles experience. This is Divine love, the first love of the Garden of Eden, which was lost through sin. This is the love that God intends for every believer to experience and to show to each other and to the lost. It is a spiritual experience just like speaking in other tongues is a spiritual experience. It is what will bring about the unity of the faith.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Justin the way describe this tabernacle experience makes it sound very dangerous and new age.
you describe a Christ likeness? it's intersting you bring up the garden of eden because that's
where this Christ likeness began where the serpent told them they could be like God.
it's just the oldest lie in the book and is very dangerous.
Jesus said there would be lots of false Christs and false teachings and this is one of them.

peace,

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Do you equate being Christ like as wanting to be like God? I don't. I equate being like Christ as submission to God rather than being like God. Jesus only did that which he saw and heard His Father do. He completely let God live His life through Him. Do you think that is wrong?

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
obviously not. but you aren't speaking simply being Christ like but arriving at something called Christlikeness. that screams new age and i will have no part of it.
now i'll be on my merry way.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am a Tabernacle Christian. Meaning, I believe in Jesus Christ as the son of God and my only savior. I am Spirit filled and speak in other tougnes as the Spirit gives the utternace. Lastly, I have partially entered into the tabernacle experience, the final feast, which is characterized by Divine Love.

Hopes that answers your question a bit.

Blessings,

Justin

How can you believe all that good stuff ...and yet not believe..
Isaiah 9:6
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The MIGHTY GOD , The EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace."

And, when God said "let US make man in OUR image"...who was He speaking to?!! :wacko:

Reactions: THE Gypsy

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
The gift of suspicion is strong in you, young padawan.

thanks you. i am not offended at all by that statement. i've learned to be very suspicious and skeptical.
Jesus warned that there will be much false teaching in the last days. my hope is that you'll see false
teaching as well.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Hi By Grace,

Yes, that is a lot of good stuff to believe. I believe that God was speaking to angels and not the second and third person of the trinity.

The cool thing about seeing that God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself is that we see a pattern for us to follow...something we can really do. If it was just God in God reconciling the world to Himself that I kind of a hard act to follow. The great thing is that Jesus was a human like you or I that lived a perfect sinless life. He yielded Himself so completely to His Father that when you saw Him you saw God looking back at you. It is wonderful to think that we have the same Spirit in us and He did if we have received the gift of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. That same Spirit that caused Christ to say that He and the Father were one is the same Spirit, i.e. the Father which is in heaven that wants to be one with us. The fulfillment of John chapter 17.

Trouble is, the trinity obscures all that. It is not like Trinitarians are not saved or anything…they are just a bit mixed up and it hinders them from receiving all that God has for them.