My Sheep Hear My Voice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Greetings all,

I thought this is a topic that needs to be explored after some of the comments on hearing from God that I have heard on the forum.

What does the Word have to say about it?

Jhn 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Jhn 10:16 "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock [and] one shepherd.

It says His sheep hear His voice and those who He has poured His Spirit out onto will have His words made known to them.

Pro 1:23 Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you.

Joe 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.

Joe 2:29 And also on [My] menservants and on [My] maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

Act 2:18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy.

Thus says The Lord: There are things that remain hidden, great mysteries which were sealed from the foundation of the world, great and mighty works reserved unto the Day of The Lord... Yet I tell you, the time has come!... The time of great things to be made known in the heavens and upon the earth, for the flood gates to be opened and the storehouses emptied!... For all that is hidden to be uncovered, and that which slumbers to be awakened, says The Lord.
Thus that which is written has come to pass, “It shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions. Also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. And I will show wonders in the heavens above and in the earth beneath... Blood and fire and pillars of smoke. The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, at the coming of the Great and Terrible Day of The Lord. And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of The Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as The Lord has said, among the remnant whom The Lord shall call.”

Therefore, I tell you plainly...

All My sheep hear My voice, and My lambs know when I am near,
Yet only those called to speak My words shall go for Me,
And only those within whom My voice comes to dwell shall be My prophets.

And to the rest, I say...

Listen to the sound of My voice, and give heed;
Discern according to the Truth, which I have made known, and obey...

Beloved, find solace in My words and have peace,
Whether brought to remembrance by My Spirit,
Or spoken to your heart, or read upon the pages of My Book...

I am The Lord.

Excerpt from:
All My Sheep Hear My Voice, Yet Only Those Called to be Prophets Shall Walk in the Office Thereof, Says The Lord
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=All_My_Sheep_Hear_My_Voice%2C_Yet_Only_Those_Called_to_be_Prophets_Shall_Walk_in_the_Office_Thereof%2C_Says_The_Lord

We have to have a close relationship with The Lord where we talk to Him daily and where we take the time to listen to what He has to say to us.

Otherwise, what will happen?

When He returns He will say:

Mat 7:21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'

Mat 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Mat 7:24 "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock:

God bless.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Trump,

Agree totally!

After praying for truth, how do we hear from God?
1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
So simply being a sheep and hearing the Lords voice isn't the end all
hqdefault.jpg
well surprise surprise surprise. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/16944-matthew-2531-40-let-me-hear-from-u/

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Rocky Wiley said:
Trump,

Agree totally!

After praying for truth, how do we hear from God?
1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Amen Rocky,

We ARE the temples of God's Holy Spirit now, and since we are, it follows that we can talk to our Lord and He hears us and talks to us, if only we take the time to listen.

Act 7:48 "However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands,
Act 17:24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.

Psa 55:17 Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice.
Rex said:
So simply being a sheep and hearing the Lords voice isn't the end all
hqdefault.jpg
well surprise surprise surprise. http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/16944-matthew-2531-40-let-me-hear-from-u/
Greetings Rex,

That's right, being a sheep and hearing The Lord's voice isn't the end all.

Thus Says The Lord Against His Servants, Who are Called By My Own Name,
Who Hear Not My Voice Nor Give Heed to My Correction,
Who Persecute My Prophets Sent to Them...
You Shall be Broken!

[YahShua] James, let your anger be turned to sadness, says The Lord, for they will not turn. Neither will they allow their eyes to be opened... Having preferred the darkness amongst the churches of men, for the light has gone out of the churches of men, and My hand is removed... Neither does My Spirit remain. For they do continually say within themselves, ‘Cast these cords from us. We go our own way’. Therefore, My son, they have chosen, even as you have chosen. Let all who say they are Mine walk according to that which their hearts reveal. For those who do rebel against Me, in heart and in mind, and by both word and deed, can in no wise be gathered. My hand is far from them, neither can they receive it back again, until they bow their heads low, and say, “Blessed is He who comes in the name of The Lord”... Grasping at the hem of My robes, saying, “Lord, take me by the hand and show me Your ways, so I may now walk in them”. Yet they have not done so, neither have they been broken, neither are they willing...

For they remain married... They are not My bride, neither do I know them...
Where it is written and fulfilled,
”Depart from Me, all you who practice lawlessness. I know you not”...
Neither do I see of Myself residing in you... Sorrow, bitter tears, such enmity and tears.

[James] Lord, it makes me want to wear sackcloth and ashes for my bride, and beseech you like I never have!

[YahShua] This you should have done from the beginning, My son, yet you were not ready.

Behold, the day is upon you...
A great forsaking....
Many have departed, giving heed to seducing spirits.
Behold, they shall be broken!
Behold, they shall come to know Me as I AM!
Brokenness... Many tears... All walls shall be torn down.

Therefore, My son, where do you stand?... You have been called, even according to My own voice which you have heard, fulfilling that which had been placed in you, even from your formation in the womb. You shall go where I send you. And you shall stand, according to that which is set against you... Stand up, yet not as the man you know and have been, but according to My strength and grace I have given you... Bear fruit!

No more cast My pearls before swine.
Feed the dogs no more what I have reserved for the children...
These hungry and thirsty children who seek Me,
To them are you sent and to these shall you go.
And to the rest: Sound the trumpet and the alarm of war and judgment, for it has come.

Excerpt from:
Thus Says the Lord Against His Servants Who are Called By My Own Name, Who Hear Not My Voice Nor Give Heed to My Correction, Who Persecute My Prophets Sent to Them: You Shall be Broken!
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=Thus_Says_the_Lord_Against_His_Servants_Who_are_Called_By_My_Own_Name%2C_Who_Hear_Not_My_Voice_Nor_Give_Heed_to_My_Correction%2C_Who_Persecute_My_Prophets_Sent_to_Them:_You_Shall_be_Broken%21

Trumpeter

Mar 6, 2013
Alberta, Canada
The Kingdom of Heaven is like a great landowner, who had a large field full of many sheep. In his field there were sheep of all kinds and many young lambs. The landowner loved his sheep and treasured his young lambs...

The day came when the landowner decided to take his sheep from the field, and every lamb. For in his field he noticed that many sheep had become ill, and many others had wandered off. Behold, many wolves were there, troubling his sheep and killing his lambs. Therefore he sent his chief shepherd into the field, at the time appointed, to call to his sheep and to every lamb, to gather them together. He was told to wait as long as he could, that every sheep who had wandered afar off might have a chance to hear his voice and return.
And when the number of which the landowner had set was reached, the shepherd took them from the field. And at the moment they passed through the gate, the disease of the field no longer affected them, nor were the wolves able to trouble them or kill them, anymore.
Also at that time, the landowner came forth from his house, bringing many servants with him, and he slew every wolf and burned the field with fire, purging it of all disease. And many sheep, who had been left in the field, cried out and were delivered; some taken to a place of safety and some were removed and hidden. And every dead sheep, beloved of the shepherd, was also taken from the field.

Therefore let those, who have ears to hear, hear, and also understand:
The Chief Shepherd is sent into the field already,
And will also come a second time to finish His work...
Lo, He has entered the field and gathers them together...
Yet the sheep do not leave the field,
Until The Shepherd calls them through the gate...
Then shall they be gone from this place.

Excerpt from:
The Parable of The Great Landowner and His Beloved Sheep
http://trumpetcallofgodonline.com/index.php5?title=The_Parable_of_The_Great_Landowner_and_His_Beloved_Sheep

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
nice post Trupeter

The Lord is in the business of raising up brothers from the flock.
Yes many sheep will be separated from the goats at His coming.

1 Cor 11-15

What happens, the good Shepperd takes the best of his flock and offers it up as a sacrifice
Just as Abraham offered his son.
In the same way Jesus our High Priest offers up sheep to become brothers.

We are instructed to make ourselves living sacrifices. The goal is to step from the sheep pen into the house hold.
Not to live a life of sheep

Learn the meaning of the bond servant

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's funny when Christians try to promote the idea that the ideal Christian is fully sheep - as if Christ was trying to teach us to be stupid and forsake all effort at maintaining good hygiene - nothing smells as bad as a sheep - gag. Perhaps, as the OP suggests, Jesus was speaking only about certain aspects of the relationship between sheep and shepherd? Yes, I think so.....

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
But your place of fellowship strictly enforces the separation of the sheep from the presumed brothers.
Right down to Communion only the clergy are allowed to drink from the cup.

So why do stay in a fellowship that says you can not become a brother unless become a clergy?
This is just another example of you trying to ride the wave, but in reality your statement of faith in a church says differently.

John S

Jun 4, 2013
Pennsylvania
I guess Lamad was right. Because I don't AUDIBLY hear God's voice, I must not be a very good Christian. Oh Well.

Maybe a few people would like to admit that God AUDIBLY speaks to them.
What has He said to you?

I used to enjoy the TV show, "Joan of Arcadia" - played by Amber Tamblyn. God AUDIBLY spoke to her too.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex said:
But your place of fellowship strictly enforces the separation of the sheep from the presumed brothers.
Right down to Communion only the clergy are allowed to drink from the cup.

So why do stay in a fellowship that says you can not become a brother unless become a clergy?This is just another example of you trying to ride the wave, but in reality your statement of faith in a church says differently.
How many times have you been corrected on this lie, Rex? I am offered the Blood and the Body of Christ during every Mass. Would you like me to decide that you church teaching astrology and then accuse you of idolatry? It would be just as wrong as your lie.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
How many times have you been corrected on this lie, Rex? I am offered the Blood and the Body of Christ during every Mass. Would you like me to decide that you church teaching astrology and then accuse you of idolatry? It would be just as wrong as your lie.
Your a walking contradiction aspen, never have you received the cup (Matthew 26:26-28) at a catholic mass. It's just like I said before about your official stance on homosexuality as being a sin, but you carry the quote of Walter Wink who never believe homosexuality a sin. Like I said, your a walking contradiction.

I notice you didn't protest that the church teaches a distinct separation of the sheep and "presumed" brotherhood.
The times of Moses and the people insisting that he stand between God and themselves is long pasted, when are you going to start living the new covenant?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex said:
Your a walking contradiction aspen, never have you received the cup (Matthew 26:26-28) at a catholic mass. It's just like I said before about your official stance on homosexuality as being a sin, but you carry the quote of Walter Wink who never believe homosexuality a sin. Like I said, your a walking contradiction.

I notice you didn't protest that the church teaches a distinct separation of the sheep and "presumed" brotherhood.
The times of Moses and the people insisting that he stand between God and themselves is long pasted, when are you going to start living the new covenant?
1. Every Catholic who attends Mass is offered the Blood and Body of Christ.

2. Homosexuality is a sin.

3. I agree with Walter Wink's stance on nonviolence as expressed in the quote I use in my signature.

You are being willfully ignorant, Rex. There is nothing more I can do to help you.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I disagree the RCC has polluted every keystone of the NT, including Mary.
Saying she was born without the stain of the original sin, and lived a sinless life no less.
It's more difficult to find what the RCC does agree with concerning the NT than what it has perverted.

You can have the last word.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So despite the fact that you are wrong about the Eucharist, you disagree that it is due to willful ignorance? Or, you disagree that I can no longer help you? BTW, thanks for giving your permission for me to have the last word - how benevolent..

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Nevertheless, God’s foundation stands sure, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.” 2 Timothy 2:19

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
aspen2 said:
So despite the fact that you are wrong about the Eucharist, you disagree that it is due to willful ignorance? Or, you disagree that I can no longer help you? BTW, thanks for giving your permission for me to have the last word - how benevolent..

Just because the Catholics say both the body and blood are found in the catholic cookie, doesn't mean we should absolve from taking the bread and wine dose it? Talk about taking communion in an unworthy manner, how about giving it in an unworthy manner.

I hope that cleared up you misconception about my mistake.
I'm sure you can find another.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
John S said:
I guess Lamad was right. Because I don't AUDIBLY hear God's voice, I must not be a very good Christian. Oh Well.

Maybe a few people would like to admit that God AUDIBLY speaks to them.
What has He said to you?

I used to enjoy the TV show, "Joan of Arcadia" - played by Amber Tamblyn. God AUDIBLY spoke to her too.
Well there must be a lot of us then. As I understand it if we hear Audible voices in our head from day to day then we are schizophrenic, and in need of psychiatric assistance.. :)

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rex said:
Just because the Catholics say both the body and blood are found in the catholic cookie, doesn't mean we should absolve from taking the bread and wine dose it? Talk about taking communion in an unworthy manner, how about giving it in an unworthy manner.

1. You lied about giving me the last word.

2. I received the Body of Christ in the form of a wafer and His Blood in the form of wine, every time I received the Eucharist. Get a Catechism.

"Holy Communion may be received under one kind (the Sacred Host alone), or under both kinds (both the Sacred Host and the Precious Blood). "Holy Communion has a fuller form as a sign when it is distributed under both kinds. For in this form the sign of the eucharistic banquet is more clearly evident and clear expression is given to the divine will by which the new and eternal Covenant is ratified in the Blood of the Lord, as also the relationship between the Eucharistic banquet and the eschatological banquet in the Father's Kingdom... (However,) Christ, whole and entire, and the true Sacrament, is received even under only one species, and consequently that as far as the effects are concerned, those who receive under only one species are not deprived of any of the grace that is necessary for salvation" (General Instruction of the Roman Missal, 281-282)."

JB_Reformed Baptist

Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Rex said:

Indeed, this transubstantiation is nothing short of satanic idolatry. For this is what Satanist do, even though it be literal. This is what happens when gnosticism pervades the church. Embracing anything that remotely sounds mystical and super spiritual.

But the warning is to those who practice such a thing. You eateth and drinketh damnation to yourself... .

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JB_ said:
Indeed, this transubstantiation is nothing short of satanic idolatry. For this is what Satanist do, even though it be literal. This is what happens when gnosticism pervades the church. Embracing anything that remotely sounds mystical and super spiritual.

But the warning is to those who practice such a thing. You eateth and drinketh damnation to yourself... .

Is that why the Roman Pagans called the Early Church, canabals? Gnostics didn't even believe Christ had a body....lol