My Son's Hearing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I was referring to the online Bible Studies we have been doing here. You are welcome to participate and ask questions if you like. I thought this first one you might enjoy:
Rewire Your Heart youversion study

She is providing a link to the next study at the end of each one, so you can follow along. We haven't covered the 3rd one much yet, but maybe later today. :)
how do I join?

Reactions: Mayflower

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wil pray.

Let me share a little something about believing God also. Faith teaching is very correct in one aspect: It is not just about praying and hoping. It is about putting your foot down and telling the enemy where to get off when you are certain something is not of God. If you are not yet certain about it, then maybe spend some time in prayer asking God, but I personally don't see much purpose in John having hearing problems.

So ask Him, but my immediate instinctual reaction would be to stand in faith and believe God (and tell the enemy, AND that hearing problem in John) that they can both go jump in the pit, because my son is not going to be succumbing to hearing problems but be healed in the name of Jesus by the power of God, and by God's grace.

Thanks for posting,
- H
I agree with you, Jesus taught a parable about binding the strong man...

Home Content Index Books of the Bible Mark Bind the strongman
QUESTION
What does it mean to bind the strong man?

ANSWER

The phrase bind the strong man (or strongman) is a reference to a passage in the book of Mark, where Jesus is responding to some Jewish scribes who were accusing Him of being possessed by Beelzebul. Their argument was that “by the prince of demons he is driving out demons” (Mark 3:22). In other words, the reason the demons listened to Jesus was that they were in league with Him and recognized Him as their commanding officer, so to speak.

Jesus refuted their blasphemous argument with plain logic: “How can Satan cast out Satan?” (Mark 3:23) and then gave them a parable. First, Jesus spoke of the principle of a divided kingdom, which cannot stand (verses 24–26). Then He told them, “No one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house” (Mark 3:27). Jesus refers to Satan as the “strong man” and to Himself as the One who enters the house and plunders the place. Of course, before Satan allows his domain to be “plundered,” he must be incapacitated. Jesus was not in league with Satan, as the scribes suggested, but had come to the earth, to what is essentially Satan’s “house” (1 John 5:19), in order to bind Satan and plunder his “goods,” which are the souls of men (John 17:15; Luke 4:18; Ephesians 4:8).

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how do I join?

You click the link and say Hello! :)

Then, if you find something that makes you think or consider things, you can add something of your own. Also, if you start to have questions when you read something you can ask, and maybe someone will have an answer for you.
Here's how to bind and loose. I can sum it up but you can watch it for yourself. I found this to be safe. :)

Ok, well this is good. :) What you should actually do is take those videos and go to the Bible Study forum, and then post them as a separate discussion or Bible Study topic. That way more people will see it and respond there. This thread is supposed to be for praying for Mayflower's son John. We just kinda got off topic, but maybe that's my fault.

So create a new thread for them, and maybe I'll check the videos out later on and respond. :) Just click on "Post New Thread" and give it a title that will get people interested. Maybe something like "Do You Believe In Binding And Loosing?" or whatever you like.
Bible Study Forum

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you, Jesus taught a parable about binding the strong man...

Home Content Index Books of the Bible Mark Bind the strongman
QUESTION
What does it mean to bind the strong man?

ANSWER

The phrase bind the strong man (or strongman) is a reference to a passage in the book of Mark, where Jesus is responding to some Jewish scribes who were accusing Him of being possessed by Beelzebul. Their argument was that “by the prince of demons he is driving out demons” (Mark 3:22). In other words, the reason the demons listened to Jesus was that they were in league with Him and recognized Him as their commanding officer, so to speak.

Jesus refuted their blasphemous argument with plain logic: “How can Satan cast out Satan?” (Mark 3:23) and then gave them a parable. First, Jesus spoke of the principle of a divided kingdom, which cannot stand (verses 24–26). Then He told them, “No one can enter a strong man’s house without first tying him up. Then he can plunder the strong man’s house” (Mark 3:27). Jesus refers to Satan as the “strong man” and to Himself as the One who enters the house and plunders the place. Of course, before Satan allows his domain to be “plundered,” he must be incapacitated. Jesus was not in league with Satan, as the scribes suggested, but had come to the earth, to what is essentially Satan’s “house” (1 John 5:19), in order to bind Satan and plunder his “goods,” which are the souls of men (John 17:15; Luke 4:18; Ephesians 4:8).

Maybe if @thelord's_pearl creates a thread on the subject, you can add this there. I think it's an interesting topic. :)

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You click the link and say Hello! :)

Then, if you find something that makes you think or consider things, you can add something of your own. Also, if you start to have questions when you read something you can ask, and maybe someone will have an answer for you.

Ok, well this is good. :) What you should actually do is take those videos and go to the Bible Study forum, and then post them as a separate discussion or Bible Study topic. That way more people will see it and respond there. This thread is supposed to be for praying for Mayflower's son John. We just kinda got off topic, but maybe that's my fault.

So create a new thread for them, and maybe I'll check the videos out later on and respond. :) Just click on "Post New Thread" and give it a title that will get people interested. Maybe something like "Do You Believe In Binding And Loosing?" or whatever you like.
Bible Study Forum
Sure, that's what I thought, we got off topic, bless little John

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am all for s
The Lord is with you Mayflower. We tend to always think of Him outside of us, and indeed He is, as He is on the throne. He is also inside(indwelt) within us as as evidenced to you by your new tongues. Just gently place your hand on Johns ear and pour your heart out to The Lord for help and his hearing will open up. The Lord has healed through me by faith and it is no different for you. "And when I return, will I find faith on earth?"

I actually was baptized in the Holy Spirit several years ago. I heard tongues in my head quite a few years after graduating Teen Challenge, but took a few years before I acted in faith to pray in them. I got scared of them, because it was just my upbringing. Dreams/visions/tongues are all pretty much new in my spiritual walk coming about in the last 2-3 years. They didn't touch on it too much at Teen Challenge. It was just encouraged. But believing these have enriched my spiritual walk.

Grateful praying for my son brought the conversation about. I'm not a stickler as long as there is no fighting. Haha

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So pray for my 10 month old son John! He has been having hearing tests, but has not been having positive responses in his right ear for quite some time and has negative pressure not due to fluid. So they want to do a test where they sedate him (put him to sleep) for half an hour. It makes me nervous though, and would appreciate prayer to make the right decisions regarding him. I believe in Jehovah Rapha, healings and miracles! I also want to be wise though as we wait for that healing to manifest. If that means taking the right tests to get him a hearing aide or whatever, then I want to do that. I just want to keep believing and believe in the power of agreeing in Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals. So please agree with us in prayer that his hearing will be normal.

View attachment 14669

Pray for healing and follow the doctors guidance. Many times we experience god our healer through the hands of the physicians raised up to help care for our physical needs.

Nothing wrong with taking a tylenol for a headache. I have had 6 major surgeries and never doubted god would be with me through it. I had prayer for all the surgeries (and I suffere from multiple chronic and acute maladies now), but have jopy. peace, contnentment as well as lots of pain. I still face the possibility of three major major surgeries in my near life. I fully wish to obey god and know He gave us physicians to help us (Luke was a doctor). If God wishes to heal me miraculously- I am all for it! but until then, I will do what teh doctors ask.

I want god to feed me as well. He does so by giving me a job, going to the store and buying groceries and cooking them. but if He wants to drop a fully cooked meal from heaven onto my table? I will take trhat with as much joy as well. I hope yyuo see the similarity here. But if not:

We pray, trust god and move forward.Unless we specifically hear from god that He is going to do something "miraculously" we keep following what needs to be done humanly as good stewards.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray for healing and follow the doctors guidance. Many times we experience god our healer through the hands of the physicians raised up to help care for our physical needs.

Nothing wrong with taking a tylenol for a headache. I have had 6 major surgeries and never doubted god would be with me through it. I had prayer for all the surgeries (and I suffere from multiple chronic and acute maladies now), but have jopy. peace, contnentment as well as lots of pain. I still face the possibility of three major major surgeries in my near life. I fully wish to obey god and know He gave us physicians to help us (Luke was a doctor). If God wishes to heal me miraculously- I am all for it! but until then, I will do what teh doctors ask.

I want god to feed me as well. He does so by giving me a job, going to the store and buying groceries and cooking them. but if He wants to drop a fully cooked meal from heaven onto my table? I will take trhat with as much joy as well. I hope yyuo see the similarity here. But if not:

We pray, trust god and move forward.Unless we specifically hear from god that He is going to do something "miraculously" we keep following what needs to be done humanly as good stewards.

Exactly. Still getting a second opinion for this, but I definitely will. Like I wouldn't just break my glasses. I'd wait to see my eyes not need them first. That is just wise. I believe in Jehovah Rapha. And I believe He works through His people too.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, even though sickness and disease came as a result of sin, not all sickness and disease has a demon attached to it.

Dosia

Jan 24, 2021
Manitoba
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God praying for John that You will restore his lost hearing or make the other ear perfect in hearing. Amen
I found out when my son was 4 he had no useable hearing in his left ear. The doctor said it was genetic. But he said the hearing ear will take over and compensate for the loss in his deaf ear. Now several years later, my son says he hears good, and doesn't miss the hearing he doesn't have.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God praying for John that You will restore his lost hearing or make the other ear perfect in hearing. Amen
I found out when my son was 4 he had no useable hearing in his left ear. The doctor said it was genetic. But he said the hearing ear will take over and compensate for the loss in his deaf ear. Now several years later, my son says he hears good, and doesn't miss the hearing he doesn't have.

That is awesome!!!! That is what his first hearing doctor said, but my pediatrician referred me elsewhere. The audiologist said it was a study in the 70's or something, and that it is important with learning speech for both ears. God made two of them. Certain consonants he won't be able to hear she said I'm learning speech. Like ticking of a clock/below. The softer consonants. Did your son have any speech delays? That is awesome to hear though.

Reactions: April_Rose

Dosia

Jan 24, 2021
Manitoba
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never noticed any obvious speech delays in my son,, no problems in school, he speaks normally. No one notices that he hasn't any usable hearing in the one. At John's young age, is there any reason the test can't wait until he is a little older to get a more accurate picture? Whatever way God chooses, may He direct your path in the right direction to help your son and may He lead you to do what is best for John so he can hear well. May God's blessings be over him.