My Son's Hearing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So pray for my 10 month old son John! He has been having hearing tests, but has not been having positive responses in his right ear for quite some time and has negative pressure not due to fluid. So they want to do a test where they sedate him (put him to sleep) for half an hour. It makes me nervous though, and would appreciate prayer to make the right decisions regarding him. I believe in Jehovah Rapha, healings and miracles! I also want to be wise though as we wait for that healing to manifest. If that means taking the right tests to get him a hearing aide or whatever, then I want to do that. I just want to keep believing and believe in the power of agreeing in Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals. So please agree with us in prayer that his hearing will be normal.

1620263423467.png

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So pray for my 10 month old son John! He has been having hearing tests, but has not been having positive responses in his right ear for quite some time and has negative pressure not due to fluid. So they want to do a test where they sedate him (put him to sleep) for half an hour. It makes me nervous though, and would appreciate prayer to make the right decisions regarding him. I believe in Jehovah Rapha, healings and miracles! I also want to be wise though as we wait for that healing to manifest. If that means taking the right tests to get him a hearing aide or whatever, then I want to do that. I just want to keep believing and believe in the power of agreeing in Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals. So please agree with us in prayer that his hearing will be normal.

View attachment 14669

I wil pray.

Let me share a little something about believing God also. Faith teaching is very correct in one aspect: It is not just about praying and hoping. It is about putting your foot down and telling the enemy where to get off when you are certain something is not of God. If you are not yet certain about it, then maybe spend some time in prayer asking God, but I personally don't see much purpose in John having hearing problems.

So ask Him, but my immediate instinctual reaction would be to stand in faith and believe God (and tell the enemy, AND that hearing problem in John) that they can both go jump in the pit, because my son is not going to be succumbing to hearing problems but be healed in the name of Jesus by the power of God, and by God's grace.

Thanks for posting,
- H

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am praying for your son, John and his hearing in particular! Our God is always able.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 14669

Awesome pic of the kids. And yes, of course we will pray for little John and a miraculous healing and that God would bless those who treat him, and would find much favor with this situation, and also that you would have peace that you are moving ahead with His blessing sister!
only in Him, Amen!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wil pray.

Let me share a little something about believing God also. Faith teaching is very correct in one aspect: It is not just about praying and hoping. It is about putting your foot down and telling the enemy where to get off when you are certain something is not of God. If you are not yet certain about it, then maybe spend some time in prayer asking God, but I personally don't see much purpose in John having hearing problems.

So ask Him, but my immediate instinctual reaction would be to stand in faith and believe God (and tell the enemy, AND that hearing problem in John) that they can both go jump in the pit, because my son is not going to be succumbing to hearing problems but be healed in the name of Jesus by the power of God, and by God's grace.

Thanks for posting,
- H
Wow, very intense! lol, I learned that you pray in JESUS' Name... I can only tell you how I pray for certain things in private, it can be dangerous on you and others if you pray a certain way

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh I'm afraid others with ill-will, will pray this way on me without consideration. I'm even afraid to pray it on myself 'cause I think you have to be perfect to pray this way so I use it sparingly

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh I'm afraid others with ill-will, will pray this way on me without consideration. I'm even afraid to pray it on myself 'cause I think you have to be perfect to pray this way so I use it sparingly

This can be common with younger Christians. You wonder about what to say and what not to say, concerned about praying what's appropriate.

If you'd like a little advice, just be real. Be as real with Him as you would be if you were talking to another human being and completely opening up to them. He knows anyway, which is why trying to recite some prayer you think will impress Him actually won't. Just get REAL. Tell Him exactly what you think, exactly what you want, exactly what you like and don't like, what worries you, what brings you joy... lay it all out there. And then when you have a concern, just tell Him about it, and then listen... Once you develop the ability to hear Him speak to YOU, then you are on your way in prayer. :)

But it starts with being real. If you won't be real, He can't help you, cuz you haven't honestly asked for any real help yet.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, very intense! lol, I learned that you pray in JESUS' Name... I can only tell you how I pray for certain things in private, it can be dangerous on you and others if you pray a certain way

I agree I want words of life spoken over my son and others. But I believe no hidden dangers can harm me or my family, so only the good will get through.

downloadfile-24.jpg

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bless you Mayflower ...so worrying for you parents ..xx

Our God is the God who opens the ear . ..praying the Lords intervention here.
Looking for good positive outcome .

Glad you are getting a second opinion. Very wise. xx

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This can be common with younger Christians. You wonder about what to say and what not to say, concerned about praying what's appropriate.

If you'd like a little advice, just be real. Be as real with Him as you would be if you were talking to another human being and completely opening up to them. He knows anyway, which is why trying to recite some prayer you think will impress Him actually won't. Just get REAL. Tell Him exactly what you think, exactly what you want, exactly what you like and don't like, what worries you, what brings you joy... lay it all out there. And then when you have a concern, just tell Him about it, and then listen... Once you develop the ability to hear Him speak to YOU, then you are on your way in prayer. :)

But it starts with being real. If you won't be real, He can't help you, cuz you haven't honestly asked for any real help yet.
I am real with God. I was talking about a certain prayer I pray which I think will more surely be effective but which I use sparingly bc I think I have to be perfect or else it's dangerous for me to pray on myself and a danger on others, not gentle

Last edited:

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am real with God. I was talking about a certain prayer I pray which I think will surely be effective but which I use sparingly bc I think I have to be perfect or else it's dangerous for me to pray on myself and a danger on others, not gentle

Well I'll pray that you have peace with whatever you pray. Only God is perfect, and thankfully I fully trust my perfect God. <3 (or trying to, I am not perfect :) )

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am guessing at this age it would be more like a twilight sleep. Idk if they would actually put him completely under. Prolly just like a sleep medicine. But still...

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww, precious John, I'm sorry to read of your hearing problem. :( Praying this will pass and you will have perfect hearing so that you can hear your mommy say, "I love you honey" as clear as a bell. And very soon.
We all love you John.

The blessing is he has great hearing in his left ear. There are just certain consonant sounds he will have a hard time getting without both ears, and as an early childhood care provider, I know that is important. God has my little man though. He is all smiles all the time. :)