My Son's Hearing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, very intense! lol, I learned that you pray in JESUS' Name... I can only tell you how I pray for certain things in private, it can be dangerous on you and others if you pray a certain way
I am real with God. I was talking about a certain prayer I pray which I think will more surely be effective but which I use sparingly bc I think I have to be perfect or else it's dangerous for me to pray on myself and a danger on others, not gentle

Lord's Pearl, give me an example of what you would call a dangerous prayer, or as you put it, a prayer that would be "a danger on others, not gentle."

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's ok, I'm afraid to tell you and I'm not sure about it

It's alright. I think I may know what you're talking about, and you're right. True prayer originating from God will not place anyone in danger, including yourself. So stick with prayers that are led of the Spirit of God.

Have you ever been baptized in the Holy Spirit, Lord's Pearl?

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's alright. I think I may know what you're talking about, and you're right. True prayer originating from God will not place anyone in danger, including yourself. So stick with prayers that are led of the Spirit of God.

Have you ever been baptized in the Holy Spirit, Lord's Pearl?
Ok that you probably know what I'm talking about. I'm afraid of it and I do it sparingly in crisis. Every time I pray it I say 'but if it's sufficient (not to pray in this way) and it'll do harm to me then I'll pray the regular way. That's how I'd like people to pray for me. I'm afraid people get too intense or it's their first time praying in that way and they don't say the things I say when I've prayed that way.

I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit in water but that time I wasn't sure if Jesus was real but I was willing to try but I also didn't understand/wasn't taught what I know now so I went against God and lived worldly so I don't know if the baptism was valid :( I tried to get baptized again to no avail.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok that you probably know what I'm talking about. I'm afraid of it and I do it sparingly in crisis. Every time I pray it I say 'but if it's sufficient (not to pray in this way) and it'll do harm to me then I'll pray the regular way. That's how I'd like people to pray for me. I'm afraid people get too intense or it's their first time praying in that way and they don't say the things I say when I've prayed that way.

I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit in water but that time I wasn't sure if Jesus was real but I was willing to try but I also didn't understand/wasn't taught what I know now so I went against God and lived worldly so I don't know if the baptism was valid :( I tried to get baptized again to no avail.

Ok, well baptism in water is different. But if you were water baptized by a true servant of the Lord Jesus Christ then there's no need to do it again. You just have to start living out more of what it represented now. It represented dying to your old life and being raised up into a new life in Christ. :)

The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is different, but you will know it when you experience it, so just pray to the Lord that He gives you that experience at the proper time and then just set it aside. At the proper time, it will come.

Thanks for responding, and I hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, well baptism in water is different. But if you were water baptized by a true servant of the Lord Jesus Christ then there's no need to do it again. You just have to start living out more of what it represented now. It represented dying to your old life and being raised up into a new life in Christ. :)

The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is different, but you will know it when you experience it, so just pray to the Lord that He gives you that experience at the proper time and then just set it aside. At the proper time, it will come.

Thanks for responding, and I hope you have a wonderful day. :)
I hope you have a wonderful day too :) Ok, I'll ask God to give me the baptism of the Holy Spirit, where did you learn this?

Reactions: April_Rose

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you have a wonderful day too :) Ok, I'll ask God to give me the baptism of the Holy Spirit, where did you learn this?

Not long after I got saved. I gave my heart to God and began to walk with Him and learn from Him, but I had no idea there was something else. But I was attending a couple Christian groups on campus while in college, and one of them was having a convention in St. Louis so I went. While there, a group of men laid hands on me to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit, and I received the Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues.

You can read about this experience in several New Testament scriptures, especially in the Book of Acts. But let me see if I can't find a decent article for you on it....

Here. This is decent, and short and to the point. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit comes upon you to empower you for God's work. It is a supernatural experience, which is why you will know it when you have it.
What is the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Matthew 3:11.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am real with God. I was talking about a certain prayer I pray which I think will more surely be effective but which I use sparingly bc I think I have to be perfect or else it's dangerous for me to pray on myself and a danger on others, not gentle

You mentioned having OCD on the other thread, which I'm not sure if @Hidden In Him had seen, but I believe God understands our nature and struggles, and he gives us grace, so come to the Lord in prayer- he wants us to. We do not need to be perfect - absolutely none of us are.

And I know when it comes to things like OCD you can't exactly control it and if it is anything like my ADHD, maybe you just need a reminder that this disorder might be contributing to this belief that you have to be perfect to pray. It helps sometimes to put the puzzle pieces together and really look at it.

Debunk all of the things

@Mayflower I will pray for John and I hope it turns out no matter what you choose to do. And your little girl has like the happiest smile on the planet all of the time! :D

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not long after I got saved. I gave my heart to God and began to walk with Him and learn from Him, but I had no idea there was something else. But I was attending a couple Christian groups on campus while in college, and one of them was having a convention in St. Louis so I went. While there, a group of men laid hands on me to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit, and I received the Spirit with evidence of speaking in tongues.

You can read about this experience in several New Testament scriptures, especially in the Book of Acts. But let me see if I can't find a decent article for you on it....

Here. This is decent, and short and to the point. The Baptism in the Holy Spirit comes upon you to empower you for God's work. It is a supernatural experience, which is why you will know it when you have it.
What is the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Matthew 3:11.
Oh I see! Ok I will pray this when it's calm at night.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok I prayed it, r u sure I don't need the laying of hands to get the baptism of the Holy Spirit? @Hidden In Him
And who laid their hands on you? Was it an elder of the church? thanks a lot!

I got hands laid on me, but I don't know about that much. Have you tried praying in tongues? Kinda just started flowing out of me when it started.

Reactions: DuckieLady

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
thanks a lot Hidden In Him for trying to help :)
And thanks a lot FluffyYellowDuck, for trying to help too :)
Hi @Hidden In Him, I just would like to let you know that I should've put two smiley's as the one was meant for two of you, ha, I hope you weren't upset at that. I just felt like the look of it would be better if there was 1 smiley for 2 :) I'm so thankful that you told me about this baptism of the Holy Spirit

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok I prayed it, r u sure I don't need the laying of hands to get the baptism of the Holy Spirit? @Hidden In Him
And who laid their hands on you? Was it an elder of the church? thanks a lot!

Several leaders from the different college groups, mature men in the faith, and very anointed. There may have also been a pastor or two among them, not really sure. It was a convention so many of them I never saw again.

But just ask God and leave it in His hands. If He would have their be godly leaders lay hands on you some day, it will happen. But as I said, it is for empowerment into ministry, and there needs to be a preparation time before you can enter into that. So just keep growing in the Lord, reading your Bible, praying, maybe attend our Bible studies if it doesn't cause you trouble, but just keep growing in your faith.

All things in their proper time. :)

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Several leaders from the different college groups, mature men in the faith, and very anointed. There may have also been a pastor or two among them, not really sure. It was a convention so many of them I never saw again.

But just ask God and leave it in His hands. If He would have their be godly leaders lay hands on you some day, it will happen. But as I said, it is for empowerment into ministry, and there needs to be a preparation time before you can enter into that. So just keep growing in the Lord, reading your Bible, praying, maybe attend our Bible studies if it doesn't cause you trouble, but just keep growing in your faith.

All things in their proper time. :)
Where do you attend the Bible studies?

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Hidden In Him, I just would like to let you know that I should've put two smiley's as the one was meant for two of you, ha, I hope you weren't upset at that...

I'll have you know that I absolutely demand my own smilies.

I'm sorry, but the friendship is officially off now, LoL.

dc71f7e79252918f2428b4ca9ea52bfa--funny-pictures-of-animals-funny-animals.jpg

P.S. Teasing you. ;)

Last edited:

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord is with you Mayflower. We tend to always think of Him outside of us, and indeed He is, as He is on the throne. He is also inside(indwelt) within us as as evidenced to you by your new tongues. Just gently place your hand on Johns ear and pour your heart out to The Lord for help and his hearing will open up. The Lord has healed through me by faith and it is no different for you. "And when I return, will I find faith on earth?"

Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you attend the Bible studies?

Well, I was referring to the online Bible Studies we have been doing here. You are welcome to participate and ask questions if you like. I thought this first one you might enjoy:
Rewire Your Heart youversion study

She is providing a link to the next study at the end of each one, so you can follow along. We haven't covered the 3rd one much yet, but maybe later today. :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I was referring to the online Bible Studies we have been doing here. You are welcome to participate and ask questions if you like t. I thought this first one you might like:
Rewire Your Heart youversion study

She is providing a link to the next study at the end of each one, so you can follow along. We haven't covered the 3rd one much yet, but maybe later today. :)
Wait did I go through the whole thing yesterday for no reason?

I thought I was way behind... So much of what I said must have not made sense, I'm sorry @Mayflower!