Naked Before God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Revelation 19:8 "And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints." The "fine linen, clean and white" text reads "bright and pure". The White robes that we will be wearing are our righteous acts It is the fine linen that weaves the robes that represent our righteous acts. No good acts, no robe. (Revelation 19:8) And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. The fine linen are the righteousness of your acts while you are living in your flesh body on earth. The only works that count are the works done for our Lord, without gain to us in this earth age.Now is the time to prepare your garment to be worn for eternity. Will they be fine, or will you be naked as a jay bird? The good works of the saints are related to knowing Gods truth to make it to the End....Having been sealed with his trurth ..having the knowledge he gave us ...not to follow the wrong christ (antichrist) will get you to the End Rev 713And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Do not be caught naked before God

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Terrific Post. :) A few days ago I noticed "robes and white linen." What do you consider is the difference, if any, in the white robes and the while linen? Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; 19:8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
excellent line of thought Whirl I can only give my best opinion here I think our Robes are made light when we look at fine linen in these verses it means a garment. but when we look deeper in the description we see things like linen made from byssus, very costly, delicate, soft, white and also of a yellow colourthen when we add White to the description we start to see a picture form lamp, the flame of which is fed with oilto shineshiningbrilliantclear, transparent This would lead me to believe the our Robes are made of light and the purer (cleaner)our works are the brighter our Robes, or our light shines We know God's light is so bright no flesh can even look upon it ... So I would conclude here our acts of righteousness reflect directly in the brightness of our Robes of light...

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
Thank you. It's funny you should post this topic when that thought has been on my mind for a few days. Great minds think alike? :D Or...God is leading. Which do you think it is? I know...He is leading.