Naked in heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
I've found by experience you must never be distracted during an exorcism. Those mischievous demons look for any opportunity to squirm away from underneath your boot.

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
This Vale Of Tears said:
I've found by experience you must never be distracted during an exorcism. Those mischievous demons look for any opportunity to squirm away from underneath your boot.
Wearin now size 16's.........trip...oooooppssssssss :blink: come back here ya little rascal............

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints" (Revelation 19:7-8). So it seems evident that believers will be clothed in heaven. Never heard of a naked angel either... Adam and Eve were naked before they sinned (Genesis 2:25), and they were both naked afterwards, at least until they made aprons out of fig leaves and covered themselves (Genesis 3:7).

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14 For many are called, but few are chosen. - Matthew 22

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
I would think the same. Clothes would be used for warmth, decoration, etc. They wouldn't really be necessary, especially if in the Resurrection we are all bodily brothers and sisters as well as brothers and sisters by faith. Incest is frowned upon.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Dan57 said:
"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints" (Revelation 19:7-8). So it seems evident that believers will be clothed in heaven. Never heard of a naked angel either... Adam and Eve were naked before they sinned (Genesis 2:25), and they were both naked afterwards, at least until they made aprons out of fig leaves and covered themselves (Genesis 3:7).
You didn't even read your own scripture reference which, in itself, says that the vestments are metaphorical. So no, you haven't found the smoking gun that proves we'll be clothed in heaven.

Why are people so terrified of the human body that they'll go to these desperate lengths to drape it even in a place where's it's completely unnecessary? I just don't get it.
Tex said:
I would think the same. Clothes would be used for warmth, decoration, etc. They wouldn't really be necessary, especially if in the Resurrection we are all bodily brothers and sisters as well as brothers and sisters by faith. Incest is frowned upon.
And more to the point, our fallen nature and darkened minds would be a thing of the past. We would return to an innocence like Adam and Eve had, not being ashamed of our bodies. I do find it interesting how motivated people are to make sure those in heaven are wearing clothes. It's the kind of irrational fear that won't exist there.

Reactions: Tex

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
rockytopva said:
11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness, there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14 For many are called, but few are chosen. - Matthew 22E
Excellent response!

Old Jack's opinion

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
If Jesus is not naked in heaven do you honestly believe we will be ?

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the
lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. Rev 1:12 -13

After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages,
standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands

Ok, maybe that might not suit some fashion conscious ladies but that's how it is ... until one of them finds a scissor :p

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Enquirer said:
If Jesus is not naked in heaven do you honestly believe we will be ?

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, and in the midst of the
lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. Rev 1:12 -13

After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages,
standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands

Ok, maybe that might not suit some fashion conscious ladies but that's how it is ... until one of them finds a scissor :p
I'm amazed at how we know that visions of heaven are full of metaphors, but in this case we make them literal in our desperation to make sure everyone's wearing clothes in heaven. People are being eclectic about their use of the Bible here, letting their fears and prudishness, which issue from a fallen nature, dictate what the Bible says about clothing in the afterlife. My argument is simple, uninhibited by irrational fears of nudity, and straight from the Bible. Adam and Eve were created naked because there was no reason for clothes. We wear clothes:

1. To protect us from the elements
2. To elevate ourselves one above the other
3. Because of human shame

If none of these reasons exist in heaven, then there's no rational reason to think we need to be draped in heaven, as if there was something terrible about our bodies that we should hide. I think we should set aside irrational fears and approach this from God's eyes, who made us not as obscene creatures, but as beautiful images of Him.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
@ Vale ...

After doing some homework on being "clothed" as a metaphor, I have discovered that many commentators do in actual fact
say that to be "clothed" in Revelation is a metaphor ... so good on you.
However, in my humble opinion when John describes his vision of Jesus to it sounds too much like a description that a person
might give to a cop.

Yes officer I did see the perp, he was 6.4, he had brown hair, blue eyes and was wearing a red sleeveless t-shirt and had a tattoo
on his left arm that said "I love mom".

So for me personally that's how I'm going to look at it ... an actual description of Jesus and what he looks like now, clothed and all.

However, if we do get to heaven and it does turn out that we're "starkers" then I'm cool with that too.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Enquirer said:
@ Vale ...

After doing some homework on being "clothed" as a metaphor, I have discovered that many commentators do in actual fact
say that to be "clothed" in Revelation is a metaphor ... so good on you.
However, in my humble opinion when John describes his vision of Jesus to it sounds too much like a description that a person
might give to a cop.

Yes officer I did see the perp, he was 6.4, he had brown hair, blue eyes and was wearing a red sleeveless t-shirt and had a tattoo
on his left arm that said "I love mom".

So for me personally that's how I'm going to look at it ... an actual description of Jesus and what he looks like now, clothed and all.

However, if we do get to heaven and it does turn out that we're "starkers" then I'm cool with that too.
Well, I'm glad you're not afraid of it....it seems some others are just TERRIFIED of going commando into heaven and will search the Bible diligently (desperately) for any assurance that we will be vouchsafed scraps of cloth to drape over the obscenity that is the human body. It's an irrational fear, as I have argued, for there won't be any need for clothing, for we will be returned to the innocence of Eden.

By the way, John had to have things explained to him during his vision because he didn't understand what he was seeing. If a good lawyer had him on the witness stand, he would eviscerate his testimony. Just sayin'