Name That Animal! for FirebyNight

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(thesuperjag;53808)
Leopard
Wait just a second...I thought leopards are yellow with black spots. I hate to do it to ya...but youre gonna have to prove it
smile.gif
Google Search!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Red_Letter88;53809)
(thesuperjag;53808)
Leopard
Wait just a second...I thought leopards are yellow with black spots. I hate to do it to ya...but youre gonna have to prove it
smile.gif
Google Search!
Leopard%20159059.jpg

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Red_Letters88;53818)
what about...
Leopard_Face_Shot.jpg
This is a leopard.
I guess there is a different kind of Leopard? No?

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Red_Letters88;53813)
Hey cheater
smile.gif
thats a panther.
Its the same thing. A panther is just a melanistic leopard.And melanistic leopards are known colloquially as black panthers.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Red_Letters88;53813)
Hey cheater
smile.gif
thats a panther.
Leopard, common name for a large member of the cat family that occupies a wide range of habitats and has the most extensive distribution of any of the wild species of cat, occurring throughout much of Africa and Asia. The body of an adult leopard is about 0.91 to 1.91 m (3 to 6.3 ft) long, exclusive of the 1-m (3-ft) tail. Typically the coat is pale tan, and it is marked with broken circles of black spots. Unlike the rosettes of the American jaguar, these circles have no central spot. Specimens with darker ground colors are seen, and some leopards—born in otherwise ordinary litters—are completely black and are known as black panthers.The leopard is an agile climber and will often stalk monkeys in the trees. It hunts mainly at night. When game is scarce, a leopard will eat field mice, fruit, porcupines, baboons, or arthropods. The female bears one to six young per litter.The name leopard is also given to other species resembling the true leopard, such as the clouded leopard of southeastern Asia, with cloudlike markings on its grayish to yellowish coat, and the snow leopard of Central Asia. The cheetah is sometimes called the hunting leopard.[url="http://www.exzooberance.com/virtual%20zoo/they%20walk/leopard/leopard.htm]Panthers are Leopards![/url]

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(followerofchrist;53882)
Its the same thing. A panther is just a melanistic leopard.And melanistic leopards are known colloquially as black panthers.
:rolleyes:Sounds smart enough for me.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The Black Mamba Snake(Dendroaspis polylepis) is an elapid snake. It is the largest venomous snake in Africa and the second longest venomous snake in the world. Only the King Cobra is longer. Adult black mambas have an average length of 2.5 meters (8.2 ft) and a maximum length of 4.5 meters (~14 ft).[1] The black mamba receives its name from the black coloration inside of its mouth, rather than their skin color which is a gray to olive tone. The black mamba is reputed to be the fastest moving snake in the world, and has been claimed to move at up to 19.2 km/h (12 mph).And I of course knew all this off the top of my head:)