Names written in heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
lk 10:20Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. You know, those of the elect had their names written in heaven before they knew their names themselves, even before their parents had them and named them.. When we are named, it may seem as though it was radomly made up or chosen, but in fact it was first decreed by God what our names would be..The decree is set, names may be formulated by mans thought process, but that was disposed of the LORD..prov 16:1The plans of the heart belong to man,But the answer of the tongue is from the LORD. NASB9The mind of man plans his way,But the LORD directs his steps. 19:21Many plans are in a man's heart,But the counsel of the LORD will stand. Notice how Jesus told these seventy of their election and their security, hence rejoice He says,There is no worry by Christ that these would abuse or take advantage of this sacred knowledge, like its always accused of by Gods and His peoples enemies against this sacred truth..I am sure some may have asked him later to explain what he meant by having ones name written in Heaven..and no doubt He explained..The penmen of hebrews says this:heb 12:23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,The names of them which are written in heaven, are those of the church of the Firstborn..Col 1 says:15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature[Church]: 16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. The church or the body of the Firstborn, from the beginning [of time] it is these whose names were written in heaven..From the foundation rev 17:The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. Jesus was telling the seventy that their names had been written in heaven before the foundation of the world, and that they in essence were of His body, the church, the beginning..Those who make up the body or the church are preselected by God before they are born..Foreknown by God..This is intimated in the messianic psalm 139:13For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. 14I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. 15My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 16Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. If one belongs to this blessed company, as Jesus christ informed the seventy, and told them to rejoice, He likewise will be sure to give assurance to all His brethern, His members, those of whom He is the firstborn..rom 8:28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
If anyone is troubled by these scriptures, and are NOT of the pre-election group, Let me know. If you are part of the pre-election bunch then let me rejoice with you. !!! YEA great post savedbygrace57!!! Woot, woot. Ha, ha, God picked us and not you. Now lets watch em roast brothers!!!This is the doctrine where God picks and chooses before hand who gets saved and who gets the shaft. Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. Did God already have the names of those that were going to make it? Or, are we just reading this wrong?Be blessed everyone!!!Great post savedbygrace57!!! You make things interesting. Jesus Is Lord.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Brother Mike;72198]If anyone is troubled by these scriptures said:
Rom 8:29[/B] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. Did God already have the names of those that were going to make it? Or, are we just reading this wrong? Be blessed everyone!!! Great post savedbygrace57!!! You make things interesting. Jesus Is Lord.
Of course God knows who is going to win the next United States Presidential election, and so do I. It's the person who gets the most votes. Of course God knows who is going to believe and accept His Son Jesus Christ as their Saviour within the next hour. He's got a full list of everyone who does this before the Day of Judgement. Of course God knows why some do and some don't believe and accept His Son Jesus Christ as their Saviour; and so do I. It's explained in the parable of the sower...Matthew 13:18-24

Deadwheat1224

Aug 27, 2009
"If anyone is troubled by these scriptures, and are NOT of the pre-election group, Let me know."A lot of the time I have trouble understanding what He says (as well as others). Just a note SavedbyGrace.... when posting really long dissartations like that... it would do you well, and help others understand what your saying if you arranged it better... having at least a concluding sentence to wrap it up. Thesis statements are always nice too, especially if you're going to diatribe as you like.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Thank you Stumpmaster!!! Some good points.Deadwheat1224: After speaking with someone about savedbygrace57. We have concluded that he may have trouble formulating thoughts, and is not very good at expressing Himself when writing. We have also concluded to walk in love and enjoy his ramblings instead of being annoyed by them. In other Words, He has issues that may not be apparent to him, and just like anyone else that needs Jesus, we have decided to love and put up with him.Rev 17:8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. When wearing Doctrine Glasses, scripture conforms to that doctrine in a persons mind. People don't normally intend to "TWIST" the scripture, ,they are just reading it though the colored glasses of their doctrine. We are all guilty of that.The Lambs book of life was formed at the foundation of the World. Those in Rev 17:8 were very concerned who's name was not written in that book at the time of this event, as that is something you would want to know. The book is a book of record keeping, not something God jotted down at the start.So you have a business, and have your clerk record all the transactions from the foundation of your business. Three years latter you ask the clerk What transactions were written and not written from the foundation of the business. To say God already just wrote them down at start of who was going to be in the book and not be in the book would mean that a whole bunch of scriptures would not be true.Act 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life. That is us, the gentiles. We have to take action though and the action word is repentance. Following the rules of the election doctrine that would mean ALL the gentiles in the World (Non-Jews) would be automatically written in the book of life. They would not subscribe to that though, but it would be in line with their thought process. Some do believe that God is so good, none will be lost. NOT!!!Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Jesus was the firstborn, born again from the seed of the Word of God. We are also born of incorruptible seed by the Word of God. So we would be the 2nd born, 3rd, born, 100th born, and down the line. Your number is in there somewhere. Jesus is our big brother being the first born of many.This has nothing to do with any election, but that Jesus was predestined from the foundation of the World as told through the scriptures of His coming. someone with pre-election glasses on, sees the scripture different.Jesus Is Lord

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
Notice rev 17 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. If a name wasnt written in the book of life from foundation of the world, thats too bad, for there is no other time it can be written..

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
That some names are written in heaven is not due to any merit of their own, neither is it the fault of them whose names are not written. This is as election, a matter of Sovereignty, and no wise governed by anything in them chosen by God.. All by nature are equally deserving of wrath eph 2: 3Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others [Non elect] There is no reasonwithin the creature as to why God chooses them, but only the reason of His Own Good Pleasure.. eph 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: Notice the phrase hath purposed [determined] in Himself.. The Non elect whom God rejects, are equally deserving of wrath as also the elect whom God Sovereignly chooses for Himself.. Again election or non election is not governed by the characters of the creatures, but simply by the purposed in Himself decree of God..This is pauls point here rom 9: 11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) The eternal purpose of election isnt grounded in the actions or behaviours of men, but soley on Gods purpose in Himself..

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here's the situation we are in SBG57: 1. Before God created the Universe He always knew exactly what would happen. 2. His Word mentions this as being His foreknowledge. 3. In His always knowable foreknowledge, before they were created in this temporal reality, God knows the exact number of souls that would be saved by His grace flowing through their faith before Judgement Day. 4. This knowledge is filed in the Lamb's Book of Life not as a means of predestinating who will be saved but as a record of what is foreknown. 5. Saints are predestined to be conformed to the image of Christ because that is what God chooses to do with those whose faithfulness is foreknown to Him. Col 1:21-23(21) And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled(22) In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:(23) If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
God forms the election naturally and then spiritually, according to their two Heads, in order that we should show forth His Praise when we experience our redemption He designed for us through Jesus christ..Though the elect are born naturally dead in sin, yet we have an election interest and union with our living head and because of the same, we receive life from above, and grace from the fulness of Jesus christ our head jn 1:16And of his fulness have all we [the elect] received, and grace for grace.