Nation born in a day in 1948?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
lol as though your hand-selected commentaries can't possibly be wrong?
That is the point, when we see probably a predominant opinion by bible scholars, we should be careful before declaring something is quite different that what they say. In your case, you want to try to make what was said in history about events around the time of the captivity to be thousands of years in the future. There is a few problems with that. One problem is that I have no problem seeing end time or future prophesies. They are usually clear and also usually have one or more of the phrases that show us the time being talked about, such as 'in those days' or 'in that day' etc.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Found it . . .

You are about to read one of the most fascinating and remarkable prophecies in the Bible . . .

7X-Jerusalem-Diagram-Crop-1.jpg

Looking at the first commentary that popped up we see this

"The prophet’s next acted parable lasted more than a year. Each day he spent a period lying on his side facing his model of besieged Jerusalem. He was bound with cords so that he could not move, to symbolize that God’s people could not escape the judgment of their sins. However, his arm was left bare, to demonstrate God’s determination to fight against Jerusalem. The number of days he lay on his left side was for the number of years from the northern kingdom’s breakaway from Jerusalem to the end of the captivity. The number of days he lay on his right side was for the number of years from the fall of Jerusalem to the end of the captivity (4-8)."

https://www.studylight.org/commentaries/eng/bbc/ezekiel-4.html

Your source not only includes the first days as years also, but goes on to multiply the resulting years by seven times!! Sorry, sounds like much ado about nothing.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, we do not know any such thing. The nation born before He comes would only be the start of the future nation, I would think.

Yes, we do know Isra’el was born in one day in 1948. And I have no idea what your 2nd sentence is speculating.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, we do know Isra’el was born in one day in 1948. And I have no idea what your 2nd sentence is speculating.
We do not know that that secular state was what the bible was talking about in the prophesy. In fact we know it is not the modern nation of Israel, since they are unsaved and Jesus did not return to gather them back. As stated in a previous post, a better fit for the prophesy would be Jewish believers since Jesus, and possibly especially those to come in the Tribulation. Those will become a real nation on earth in a day. Move over 1948!
Isaiah 66:8
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

What is labour pains usually associated with in bible prophesy? The time of Jacob's trouble.. When will all Israel be saved and become the eternal nation of Israel? That is in that period. Coincidence?

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

"The prophet’s next acted parable lasted more than a year. Each day he spent a period lying on his side facing his model of besieged Jerusalem. He was bound with cords so that he could not move, to symbolize that God’s people could not escape the judgment of their sins. However, his arm was left bare, to demonstrate God’s determination to fight against Jerusalem. The number of days he lay on his left side was for the number of years from the northern kingdom’s breakaway from Jerusalem to the end of the captivity. The number of days he lay on his right side was for the number of years from the fall of Jerusalem to the end of the captivity (4-8)."

Your source not only includes the first days as years also, but goes on to multiply the resulting years by seven times!! Sorry, sounds like much ado about nothing.
You have to admit it's a pretty strong delusion though. The sons of Jacob who have remained in rejection of haMashiach Yeshua started a movement in the late 1800's and by 1948 after a holocaust had pricked the Western world's conscience, their goal was realized. Must be God: "Look what God is doing in our time, and it's marvelous in our eyes".

Except that it's not God. I can see how easily Christians are going to come under strong delusion and fall into the apostasy of the man of sin/son of perdition.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
He is not ruling over them now. He does deal with them in the 'wilderness of the people' But where do you get that this means that He brings them back in 1948?

Two baskets of figs returned to form that nation state ,the evil ones are who are running it now ,and they are not of Christ, rather of their father the devil .

Whom do you think they building that temple for ?

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two baskets of figs returned to form that nation state ,the evil ones are who are running it now ,and they are not of Christ, rather of their father the devil .

The seed of Cain.

Reactions: n2thelight

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you catch the reasoning for the 7 times? From Leviticus? And the day for a year, that's from Ezekiel himself. Did you just scan the numbers but not read the explanation?

As far as whether this is nothing or not, you started the thread, this came to mind. So here it is. Look at it, ignore it, dismiss it, whatever. Personally, I find it rather interesting.

I mean, that there would be such a good fit to the actual time span from numbers directly from the Bible. I do find it very interesting.

Much love!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

If they build a temple there, it would appease the religious people (not believers, but religious) Maybe it would also inspire the nation somewhat, as it is quite historical. It might even bring more support from Jewish folks in other countries. Then there is tourism. Building something does not make one a believer in Jesus. Nor does it mean David lives there, or that God is ruling, etc.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you catch the reasoning for the 7 times? From Leviticus? And the day for a year, that's from Ezekiel himself. Did you just scan the numbers but not read the explanation?
The commentary I posted explains that the lying on one side is representing years. However, it also explains that the first lying on one side represented something else. As for the seven year thing, that therefore could not apply, unless for whatever reasons you wanted to tack that number onto the second time when it was years, what was it, 40 days? The numbers don't add up to the time the secular nation of Israel declared itself in modern times.
As far as whether this is nothing or not, you started the thread, this came to mind. So here it is. Look at it, ignore it, dismiss it, whatever. Personally, I find it rather interesting.
To each his own. I do not like things like scarping guesses of dates from blood moons, or Jewish holidays, or bible codes etc. The prophesy should not depend on a bunch of maybes and suppositions and forced interpretations etc.
I mean, that there would be such a good fit to the actual time span from numbers directly from the Bible. I do find it very interesting.

Much love!
Even if we could stretch it all to mean what you suggest, it would still be in opposition to the rest of the bible because God is not bringing them back yet.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is talking to Israel's enemies, and not about Him having already gathered them.

But the nation or people are back in the land- maybe not all jews but theyt are in the land as God says:

Ezekiel 38:8
King James Version

8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Yes Gode visits the Russians and they shall come into Israel.

1. The sword-- When Israel was reborn- 5 armies attacked them
2. Gathered from many- Jews have come from over 125 nations.
3. they are against the mountains.
4. Israel has recaptured much of the desert and made it fruitful. Mark Twain visited the land of Israel and said it was the most desolate place on earth.

Reactions: marks

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But the nation or people are back in the land- maybe not all jews but theyt are in the land as God says:

Ezekiel 38:8
King James Version

8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

Yes Gode visits the Russians and they shall come into Israel.

1. The sword-- When Israel was reborn- 5 armies attacked them
There has been plenty of sword in it's history. Easy to identify that is a land associated with the sword.
2. Gathered from many- Jews have come from over 125 nations.
True they decided to set up a secular nation and came from many nations, that is not God bringing them, sorry.
3. they are against the mountains.
4. Israel has recaptured much of the desert and made it fruitful. Mark Twain visited the land of Israel and said it was the most desolate place on earth.
Yes lots of mountains in that area. It does NOT say God brought them back, as it later does when He does bring them there. That time was not 1948. Nor was the part in verses 19, 20. Sure the Jewish people really improved the crops, but that cannot be taken as the fulfillment of when God makes the desert bloom like a garden! Perhaps we could call it a tiny shadow of what will come.
Ezekiel 38:19
For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
Ezekiel 38:20
So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at prophesies of the time God restores a repentant Israel to the land, I do not see a fit for 1948. Anyone think they can make a case for the sort of Jack Hibbs opinion that seems to say the opposite?
The date is significant but not prophesied, the last generation before Christ returns is. Christ points us to signs and seasons.
After being scattered throughout the world, after more than eighteen hundred years, the Jews came back home. 1948 was a new beginning for them. If you believe in the sovereignty of God and His perfect plan, that alone tells you nothing happens by -chance. God ordains natiins to rise and fall. He appoints all authorities and rulers for His purpose. A sparrow falls to the ground and He knows about it. But a nation is reborn, millions return and you think God had nothing to do with that? That is a bit naive.
"but - As the Lord lives, wh brought up the sons of Israel from the land of the north and from all the countries where He banished them. For I will restore them to their own land which I gave to their fathers." Jer.16:15
Did He restore them to their own land? Are you blind Einstein?
Ezek. 37:21 says the same thing.
Zeph 2:1-3
speaks of this gathering with a warning later on in this generation "before the burning anger comes upon them"; but speaks to the humble to seek righteousness before it's too late.
Enemies, Muslim nations surround them, have warred against them, lost and continue to plot their annihilation. Iran probably has nukes and could attack within the year. They are allied with Russia, Syria, Turkey, Libya, and sponsor terrorism throughout the world. Ten nations will attack Israel, the Middle will be on fire. Rhen you will knkw the trumpets have begun to blow and the four horsemen are galloping.
The Hebrews were personally told: "so was offered ince to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation."Heb. 9:28
"They also said? Men of Galilee, why do yoi stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same wayas you have watched Him go to heaven." Acts 1:11
"BEHOLD, HE IS COMING IN THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even thise who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the Earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen." Rev. 1:7

Obviously, when the Jews see Him a light will go off, many will realize who their Messiah is and has been all along. This world is in the begginning of sorrows -if not the Great Tribulation. The One World Government has taken control with the Antichrist at the helm. I would be more concerned about now than what happened in 1948. One generation is 70-80 years according to Psalm 90:10. Do the math, we are at the precipise, when good and evil will soon be separated.

Last edited:

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The date is significant but not prophesied, the last generation before Christ returns is. Christ points us to signs and seasons.
I agree that Israel existing again is very significant. The issue is that some claim God already gathered them there from the nations and they say they therefore are at peace, and the desert blooms etc. The same sort of people I have heard ask the US and other nations to support Israel as a holy duty. How you treat that secular nation, no matter how bad, they say, determines whether God blesses you and your country. Now I wish Israel all the best, and hope they repent so God can wipe out their enemies and give them that land, etc. But I do not feel that means owing allegiance and support to modern secular Israel to militarily prop it up, finance it etc.

After being scattered throughout the world, after more than eighteen hundred years, the Jews came back home. 1948 was a new beginning for. If you believe in the ai ereignty
It was a time when a secular nation was formed, and many Jewish people moved to that area. It was not so much a beginning as the it was the beginning of the end for them and the rest of us. Their only real beginning will be when they repent and all Israel is saved. Only the saved Israel will be gathered back to that land by God, and protected, and made rulers etc. The current nation according to prophesy is slated for invasion, defeat, and, great death and sorrow. The Israel that will be born in a day was not that secular doomed one. The Israel that is eternal that will be born one day in the future after they repent is the people that are prophesied about. While it is true that the name is the same, and that the people are of the same lineage, only a small remnant will be left alive to repent and be saved. The result will not be a secular nation! The secular unbelieving Israel of today is only in prophesy in events of that time of greatest trouble. It is not secular Israel that will be in safety from God and restored etc. Nor was it in 1948.

Last edited:

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that Israel existing again is very significant. The issue is that some claim God already gathered them there from the nations and they say they therefore are at peace, and the desert blooms etc. The same sort of people I have heard ask the US and other nations to support Israel as a holy duty. How you treat that secular nation, no matter how bad, they say, determines whether God blesses you and your country. Now I wish Israel all the best, and hope they repent so God can wipe out their enemies and give them that land, etc. But I do not feel that means owing allegiance and support to modern secular Israel to militarily prop it up, finance it etc.

It was a time when a secular nation was formed, and many Jewish people moved to that area. It was not so much a beginning as the it was the beginning of the end for them and the rest of us. Their only real beginning will be when they repent and all Israel is saved. Only the saved Israel will be gathered back to that land by God, and protected, and made rulers etc. The current nation according to prophesy is slated for invasion, defeat, and, great death and sorrow. The Israel that will be born in a day was not that secular doomed one. The Israel that is eternal that will be born one day in the future after they repent is the people that are prophesied about. While it is true that the name is the same, and that the people are of the same lineage, only a small remnant will be left alive to repent and be saved. The result will not be a secular nation! The secular unbelieving Israel of today is only in prophesy in events of that time of greatest trouble. It is not secular Israel that will be in safety from God and restored etc. Nor was it in 1948.
Sorry, you responded before I even finished. I guess it won't matter much. Just look up, lots of prophecies will be fulfilled pretty soon.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

Does not Jesus tell us as recorded in Luke 14, that the House of Judah that has returned to the land of Canaan in their own strength, will not repent until they see the nations of the earth being Judged by the King of kings in the valley of decision at a place which is also called Armageddon, which is a near future event. that occurs at the end of this present age. The end of this present age occurs as Jesus also told us in Matt 24:32, when the Gentile Kings are judged for their continual trampling of God's Sanctuary and His Earthly Hosts for 2,300 years and the age of great harvest begins.

The trouble I see is that so many people speak as if they have understanding, but in reality their understanding is hindered by their own blindness.

Shalom

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at prophesies of the time God restores a repentant Israel to the land, I do not see a fit for 1948. Anyone think they can make a case for the sort of Jack Hibbs opinion that seems to say the opposite?

I don't know Hibbs either.

The prophecy involved is in Jeremiah 24.

In that prophecy God shows a vision to Jeremiah, and he sees two baskets of figs. One basket is of good figs, and the other basket is evil figs, so evil they cannot be eaten.

God then explains that like the good figs, He would acknowledge those of Judah carried away captive, and would bring them back to the land He promised them, and build them, and not pluck them up again (Jeremiah 24:5-6).

So Judah represents the good figs.

Therefore, when did God bring Judah back to the holy land and not remove them again?

We definitely know it was not in 70 A.D., because the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and scattered even that small remnant of the house of Judah at Jerusalem-Judea. Only in the centuries past 70 A.D. have the Jews been returning, and only in 1947-48 did Israel become a nation again since that time.

Thusly, IF... they are not removed again in the future from the land, then 1948 does represent this Jeremiah 24 prophecy having been fulfilled. And the fact that the Jeremiah 24 prophecy also points to the evil servants of the devil still dwelling among them, i.e., the evil basket of figs, it does show the prophecy is not for after Christ's future return, but for the last days.