NDE Books

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
NDE - Near Death Experience

I believe we sleep until the first resurrection. My question is however, what the heck is up with all these books being written over the past two centuries about people dying and going to heaven or hell. People having near death experiences and seeing the white light, angels or demons, flowers or fire etc...if the breath of life is removed from us why are people experiencing these things and writing about them. Is every single book false? Is every single one of these authors out for money, simply put? I don't get it. - ATP

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Well some will cite passages in scripture like Jesus saying to the thief you will be with me in paradise as evidence that people upon death get zipped to heaven upon death.

Others, like me, believe in the sleep until called like in Revelation.

If we believe in the former, than these things could be possible.

If we are of the latter group they are all false.

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
ATP said:

I believe we sleep until the first resurrection. My question is however, what the heck is up with all these books being written over the past two centuries about people dying and going to heaven or hell. People having near death experiences and seeing the white light, angels or demons, flowers or fire etc...if the breath of life is removed from us why are people experiencing these things and writing about them. Is every single book false? Is every single one of these authors out for money, simply put? I don't get it. - ATP
The mind can do strange things. If you take notice though, it seems they always see what the believe.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Butch5 said:
The mind can do strange things. If you take notice though, it seems they always see what the believe.
That's a good point. You mean like having visions?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.lot

A lot of things changed at His death and ressurection.

In All His love

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
mjrhealth said:
Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
Mat 27:53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.lot

A lot of things changed at His death and ressurection.

In All His love
These passages are used as an allegory, a metaphor for his death and resurrection.
Notice it says the body resurrected, we can clearly see that our bodies are not resurrected until the first resurrection..
Isa 26:19 NIV, Dan 12:11-13 NIV, 1 Cor 15:50-54 NIV, 1 Thess 4:16 NIV, 1 Thess 5:10 NIV, Rev 20:4-6 NIV.

And the graves were opened,.... Which were near the city of Jerusalem: this was a proof of Christ's power over death and the grave, by dying; when he through death, destroyed him that had the power of it, and abolished death itself; and became the plague of death and the destruction of the grave, taking into his hands the keys of hell and death:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The legitimate accounts always have the same message.....'it is going to be a rough time, but everything is going to turn out fine'

toknowthetruth

May 11, 2015
You have to ignore very strong evidence that at least some of these NDEs are real if you say they're all false. If you want to do that you are free to do so. I personally don't think that is a very wise approach. Since there are verses in the Bible that support both stances, maybe it's best to be open to the possibility of it, especially in the face of some pretty strong evidence for it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi ATP, did you mis the part where is says they appeared unto many, or was that too a metaphor??

In all His Love

And so we deny the power of God.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
ccfromsc said:
Why do you wait after death?
Hebrews 9:27 (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
..speaks of First Resurrection (Bema seat) and the Great White Throne Judgment. If judgment starts at death then God would be contradictory. Scripture clearly states that judgment starts on the last day, which is a term describing the First Resurrection and the Great White Throne. Other terms for "the last day" are also called...

1. "the day of judgment"
2. "the end of the age"
3. "the resurrection of life or judgment"
4. "the day of God's wrath"
5. "judgment on the great Day"...

Matt 10:15 NIV Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.

Matt 12:36 NIV But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

Matt 13:40-42 NIV “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

John 5:29 ESV and come out, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil to the resurrection of judgment.

John 6:39 NIV And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

John 11:24 NIV Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

John 12:48 NIV There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

Rom 2:5 NIV But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

2 Peter 2:9 NIV if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

2 Peter 3:7 NIV By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

1 John 4:17 NIV This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus.

Jude 1:6 NIV And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

- ATP

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
mjrhealth said:
Hi ATP, did you mis the part where is says they appeared unto many, or was that too a metaphor??
Ok then, where did those saints go after the Holy City?

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It really doesn't matter where they went. Soul sleep advocates are going to believe their doctrinal err even if the evidence were blatantly staring at them in the face ;)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And Jesus said to the Prisoner, "today you will be with me in paradise", so I assume that is where they went. I think if someone wrote a book on the complete life of Christ, there would not be enough days in the week to read it.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
mjrhealth said:
And Jesus said to the Prisoner, "today you will be with me in paradise", so I assume that is where they went. I think if someone wrote a book on the complete life of Christ, there would not be enough days in the week to read it.
I'm sorry, but you assume wrong. Luke 23:43 - If you research the original doctrines of the NT, you will see that there is no punctuation. I would submit that it is translator bias. When you remove the comma you can see that Jesus was simply comforting the thief on the cross. We see in verse 42 that the thief was only interested in coming into his kingdom. The thief was not concerned about when he would be there, rather just being there was what he wanted.

The correct way to read verse 43 is without punctuation. And according to scriptural evidence, neither Jesus nor the thief went to paradise on the day they died because scripture states that Jesus ascended to the Father some 40 days later after His resurrection. Lastly, the terms "paradise" and "the tree of life" describes a place on the New Earth, Rev 2:7, Rev 22:2, Rev 22:14 and Rev 22:19.

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
ATP said:

Take for example the book about the young boy who claimed to died and seeing heaven, he later recanted saying that it was all made up, the sure way to know is whether their testimony is true or not is whether they say if they were quicken. If not, think not.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Forsakenone said:
Take for example the book about the young boy who claimed to died and seeing heaven, he later recanted saying that it was all made up, the sure way to know is whether their testimony is true or not is whether they say if they were quicken. If not, think not.
Good point. What do you think possesses someone to write a book about heaven that isn't true. Was that family in need of money or fame?

Forsakenone

Dec 25, 2013
I am sure they all have their reasons...

Remember Marjoe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHv7cnSSmaU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFx0qIa5TqM