Need Fellowship and Prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rascus

Mar 16, 2012
South Carolina
Not sure if Ive posted this in the correct forum or not....to any Mod, feel free to move it if need be.

Back in the 70s I became a born again Christian and was saved....and then baptized....I believe that I must have at that time been in my thirties. Anyway after a while I found myself wandering lost in the wilderness of sin. Basically forgot that I had the Lord and God to turn to to guide me,or was just caught up in the world and self. Now about 2 years ago I just for some reason picked up the Bible and began to try and live again with the Lord and have really not put it down since, I pray and constantly read His Word and earnestly attempt to stay as sin free as I am able. My problem is that I seem to have so much doubt about my faith anymore at times I feel he hears me not though there are times when I do feel His presence albeit fleeting, so have I lost my Salvation, am I just being punished or what might truly be going on in my life with the Lord? Anything you may offer up will be greatly appreciated. I am a Sabbath Keeping person who believes the Trinity and Jesus Christ crucified for all and again rose from the dead on the 3rd day. I will await your replies and hopefully we are able to converse more. I have a really great testimony that would go along with my salvation in the 70s ,but feel not to post it because of the convictions that have overtaken me.

Rascus

I know this is a long piece and I really am appreciative of advice or help anyone may offer...I am really now aware of what I probably was not back then and only pray that its not to late,I will await any replies while earnestly in prayer. Blessings to you always in His great Love!

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
No, you have not lost your salvation; no, it's never too late; and no, you are not being punished. Yes, you are sinful (as we all are), and must repent - today, tomorrow, and always. Your mind is being renewed. It takes time and patience and endurance. Keep up the good work.

Rascus

Mar 16, 2012
South Carolina
HeRoseFromTheDead

Thanks much for the reply and wanted to let you know that your words of support and encouragement are greatly appreciated. I do think that one thing that really works against me is the 'once saved,always saved' doctrine ,which I disagree with...and so far Ive only found one scripture which goes my way. Though I do find much comfort in many other scriptures. But will continue my walk with Him and just trust He will complete the good work that He began in me! Thanks again and may his love and blessings be with you always!

Rascus

No, you have not lost your salvation; no, it's never too late; and no, you are not being punished. Yes, you are sinful (as we all are), and must repent - today, tomorrow, and always. Your mind is being renewed. It takes time and patience and endurance. Keep up the good work.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey Rascus!

I agree with what others have shared with you and would like to add that God has not left you. It's a relationship that needs to be ignited again. Reading your bible is the best step for you to make along with finding a group of believers to fellowship with like a Church or a home group type environment so that you can grow in your relationship with God and be encouraged. Having good Christian friendships is imperative in the society we live in today because we are then able to support and help one another along the way. My old Home Group leader use to say that "if a coal falls from the fire, it will soon go out". The bible says:

Hebrews 10:24-26
[sup]24[/sup] And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. [sup]25[/sup] Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

PS: Praying for you!

Bless you!!! :)

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
I do think that one thing that really works against me is the 'once saved,always saved' doctrine ,which I disagree with...and so far Ive only found one scripture which goes my way.

Well see, the fact that you disagree with that doctrine shows the work of the spirit in your heart. Now your mind needs to be fortified with scriptures that describe what you sense in your spirit, so that both will witness together and you will not feel weak and separate from God.

If two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm [alone]? And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:11-12

What is the one verse that you have found? Maybe we can help you find others.

Rascus

Mar 16, 2012
South Carolina
Thanks much to you all for the support you have given me.......HeRose.....the scripture I was talking about was in Revelation 2:5 where it was meant for the church of Ephesus though I also take it to myself. But I stiil am continuing to do what needs to ...reading His Word and doing my best to put all my trustr in Him thats all I have left to do and once again if someone may find scripture pertaining to my issue please share it with me. And Ive been looking for some type of church or fellowship group to get into as of yet I have not found one.....once more thanks and blessings to all of you and guess that for now I'll get on with my reading as at the moment its where I get all of my strentgh from.....really has been always where its come from! You will all be in my prayers and Im thankful for all or your words....His Love and Blessings to you all.......

Rascus

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
As a child of the Living God Almighty..He said He would not forsake us...that means He is there ready to pick back up the pieces and continue with you on your journey...He has never left you, He has been there waiting for you to rediscover His love for you...He died for all your sins..just enjoy His love and He will guide you to His side... Thanks for sharing

TonyBoy

Dec 10, 2012
Some were I'n time
Shep what if I've lost that faith I'n God and don't believe I'n God anymore. Just don't have any strength to pray and to fight it anymore. Just don't c it anymore, don't feel his precense anymore. Lost that light I'n front of me. What can be done. Cause I'n my life seems like he rodent hear me no more.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi TonyBoy!
I hope you don't mind me replying to your post. Every single believer goes through a period of dry lands or wilderness experience at least one time in their walk.. It's a time where we struggle with a whole lot of questions and not enough answers. A time where nothing seems to be going right or our prayers aren't being answered. We might even find ourselves doubting or questioning God's existence. Rest assured in your heart, that God does not change James 1:17. He has not changed his mind about you, nor will he leave you in this struggle. Hebrews 13:5-6. Jesus went through this very same "experience" After fasting for 40 days and being hungry, he then had to stand his ground against the wiles of the enemy whose desire was for him to fail in the purpose and plan God had for his life.. Matthew 4:1, 2, 3, 4.

I am guessing that over a period time you may have stopped reading your bible, praying or fellowshiping with other believer's. [possiby?]
Determine yourself today to get back up and continue on the path God has for your life. God does hear you and understands every concern of your heart. Trust him with your life and be patient until this experience passes or until he answers you...cry out to God if you haven't done so already...and you will come out of this with more confidence in God and maturity, because these are the places where we grow the most... :)

I will be praying for you

Bless ya!

TonyBoy

Dec 10, 2012
Some were I'n time
And this is the problem that I've haven't seen and felt him I'n years. I've stop believing him. My life just faking apart. I see no good I'n my life and no future I'n it. I'm 25 I've lost my wife, she left me, filed for devorce. She kept my 1 year old son, that I really love ( love them both really much. Lost my dad when I was 10. I don't trust nobody nomore. I've lost all the trust to humanity and God, after I've this happens. So Ur saying to trust God after this happens. I'm full of pain and hate to everything. How can I do that.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I'm sorry to hear about your situation honey :( that is a hard place to be...but you need to make a decision. You have lost all the things that are important to you but you have not lost God. You have just lost your way. With everything you have, determine yourself today, to get up and continue on the path God has for you. Do not allow the enemy or your personal circumstances to hinder you from grabbing a hold of the anchor of your soul Hebrews 6:19. Our very life breath. It is he who can restore and he who heals every wound, every hurt Psalms 147:3 and it is he who provides Philippians 4:19.

Bless you - praying for you...
65sfad.gif

TonyBoy

Dec 10, 2012
Some were I'n time
How can I do it if I lost the trust I'n him and don't believe it no more. If I don't see his protection I'n my life. And u say believe I'n God. How if he dosent answer anymore, if he dosent hear me no more.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Then believe his word. :huh: His word tells me that he hears and he answers our prayers. He just doesn't answer when or sometimes how we expect him to...It is a decision. You have to make it. Step up and carry on or throw it all away and wander aimlessly in the wilderness... :huh: These are the choices you have...make the one that leads to life.

TonyBoy

Dec 10, 2012
Some were I'n time
Make a choice to life. If I don't c anything positive I'n my life. Everything just breaks apart I'n my life.anything I pray about or do falls apart. Its just destruction I'n my life.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You have nothing to lose by following Jesus and everything in the world to gain. Right now you are angry and upset but you need to get passed your feelings here because camping around them, will not make things any better. If you want to move on from the place where you are right now, you need to make a choice and God will meet you there...get up and continue in the plan he has for your life. Do not let the enemy get a foothold.

This is your choice honey, no-one can make it for you but you must understand that God has not left you...it is us who sometimes, step out of his will. :huh:

Be Blessed.

TonyBoy

Dec 10, 2012
Some were I'n time
One way Ur right. For u it might seems yeast to docso. If a person stop trusting something, it's hard to gain that trust and faight back, even impossible especially when it comes to God.

I mean easy to make that desition

And u say believe I'n his word, I'n his prayer, how can I believe I'n it, if I don't c answers.

I'm just emotionally tiers of convincing my self I'n that there is God and trying to believe I'n it. I've lost all hope I'n it. And likecu said that I'm mad, I'm only mad at my self cause I'm still here and I don't know what I'n the world I'm still doing here

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Come now. :huh: You are here because you are mean't to be here. You're here because you need to be here.

And u say believe I'n his word, I'n his prayer, how can I believe I'n it, if I don't c answers.
That is what faith is honey...believing without seeing but believing anyway :huh: Don't give up. You are worth more than you will ever realize.

Praying for you!

TonyBoy

Dec 10, 2012
Some were I'n time
Worth of what? Worth of going through this? And practically never c my family again. And tobwach them from side espacialy my son when I cannot raise him like I should, and wach him grow up with out dad, like I did. Or I'n even that somebody ALS will raise him, and live I'n pain all the time. That's what I saying to do for me.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
no...I'm going to be honest with you here...what other choice to you see yourself having. You cannot play a vital part in your son's life if you decide to check out and that is what we are talking about, isn't it.
God is worth a second chance but I feel that he never let you down in the first place. It is us that tend to step out of his will...not the other way around. He sent his Son to die on the cross for our sins. Why would he do that and then just leave you to deal with your problems and hardships on your own. God is worth it because only he can change this situation for you, only he can make a way, where there is no way. I gather that you are still hurting and in a place of discouragement.

Do you have any Christian friends that you can talk to right now or do you have someone you know from the Church? :huh: you need to take counseling. Please allow others to help you.

I'll talk to you off-line [PM] from here on honey...Thanks