Need Help Figuring Out Dream

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I deleted the post...at the time his post was 173...after it was deleted Mayflower's became 173, HiH 174.
LOL!
proxy-image

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please would everyone just chill...have a discussion not a war on interpretation of scripture.
I am so saddened how quickly members start going at each other with mean and hateful rhetoric.
Let's just be at peace with one another...agree?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This morning, I was doing a bit of study on the "last days" verses and began studying out these verses that were brought up about who (supposedly) can and can't dream dreams. I noticed some amazing things!

Acts 2:16-18 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁶ But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; ¹⁷ And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: ¹⁸ And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Alright. So, let's look onto what the words
in bold, above mean when taken back to the original Greek.

Well, "sons" and "daughters" is self explanatory. (We all know about the two genders, right?!)

The word translated "young men" actually means "a youth under 40" ...

G3495 Greek: νεανίσκος Transliteration: neanískos Pronunciation: neh-an-is'-kos ---------- Description: from the same as νεανίας(G3494); a youth (under forty): Translation: young man. KJV usage: young man (10x).

The word translated "old men" means "an elder or senior" ....it could even be translated, "elder woman."

G4245 Greek: πρεσβύτερος Transliteration: presbýteros Pronunciation: pres-boo'-ter-os ---------- Description: comparative of (elderly); older; as noun, a senior; specially, an Israelite Sanhedrist (also figuratively, member of the celestial council) or Christian "presbyter": Translation: elder(-est), old. KJV usage: elder (64x), old man (1x), eldest (1x), elder woman (1x).

Then, he ends with stating
"and on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy."

"Servants" means....

G1401 Greek: δοῦλος Transliteration: doûlos Pronunciation: doo'-los ---------- Description: from δέω(G1210); a slave (literal or figurative, involuntary or voluntary; frequently, therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency): Translation: bond(-man), servant. KJV usage: servant (120x), bond (6x), bondman (1x).

"Handmaidens" means...

G1399 Greek: δούλη Transliteration: doúlē Pronunciation: doo'-lay ---------- Description: feminine of δοῦλος(G1401); a female slave (involuntarily or voluntarily): Translation: handmaid(-en). KJV usage: handmaiden (2x), handmaid (1x).

A handmaiden is literally the female version of servant.

So here, we can see that visions and dreams aren't gender specific as some would like to claim. All you have to do is be willing to dig into the original meanings of the words we see in the Bible.

What we see is that the Spirit of God sets NO LIMITS on whom (of His believers) He will use! No age limits, social limits, or gender limits. :)

Galatians 3:25-29 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ²⁵ But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. ²⁶ For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. ²⁷ For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. ²⁸ There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. ²⁹ And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I didn't realize waking up at 3:30 in the morning would cause a full on war and that wasn't my intention, so could @Heart2Soul or @firstthings1st. or @Josho or someone please lock this thread for me?

Thank you

2 Timothy 2:23 Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And a servant of the Lord must not be quarrelsome, but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, and forbearing. He must gently reprove those who oppose him, in the hope that God may grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's 3:40 AM right now and I just had a dream that must have woken me up from sleep. I took nothing weird before bed and ate nothing weird - and I know it was a spiritual dream and whether it's good or bad, that part I don't know. I'm sorry for grammar I am so tired and my eyes hurt from the laptop glare. It's blurry. I do not want to forget by morning.

In the dream, I was sleeping and the blankets kept lifting up around me like it was a ghost trying to give a hug, and it woke me up and it freaked me out, so I was trying to scream for Jesus, but it wouldn't stop, and everytime I tried to get away it kept following me and I couldn't get away from this "thing."

I couldn't sleep anywhere because I kept "feeling" it. You couldn't see it anywhere but I kept feeling it physically in the dream.

SO I'm trying to figure out if it's evil or not and kept trying to figure out what I did to bring something poltergeist in and what I did wrong. It felt like a horror movie. It was so real feeling in the dream that it scared me.

Then I kept seeing a flash of a movie scene with the giant boat over the ocean. Overboard? I have no idea what it was but it had Goldie Hawn in it. Looked like a movie. But she said very clearly and vividly twice, "Where is your raincoat?" super clear. No idea what that means.

I woke up in the dream, and I was panicking, trying to figure out if I was schizophrenic (which I've considered because my life is weird) but I didn't.

Then I woke up again in the dream, and opened the curtains, and it was snowing again - but thick snow, huge flakes. And said to myself "Doesn't snow mean peace?"

And then I woke up in real life but I can't figure out that part because I don't actually have any memory of waking up - and where I was TERRIFIED with the hug ghost in the dream I actually feel really chilled out.

Probably Important:

1. A couple weeks ago I was praying for a hug from Jesus or something like that.
2. I may have gone to bed this time angry and praying at God for giving me experiences that make me look crazy and that prayer might have been really intense and I don't know if the dream is a rebuke, an attack, or if it is a good thing

I have to go back to bed. Will check back later.
Hi FluffyYellowDuck, but how do you see things now after you have let us know about your dream ? I would say that, by you asking the LORD about your dream and allowing Him to give you the answer, that you can't go wrong about your trying to figure them out, ok.

Hoping of course, you must realize it is important to you to always keep your mind and heart on Him, so that you can have peace.

I think also it would be wise to let us know how you are doing from time to time, and relating with the scriptures, I find very helpful.

What do you think ?

Love, Walter

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This morning, I was doing a bit of study on the "last days" verses and began studying out these verses that were brought up about who (supposedly) can and can't dream dreams. I noticed some amazing things!

Acts 2:16-18 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁶ But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; ¹⁷ And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: ¹⁸ And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Alright. So, let's look onto what the words
in bold, above mean when taken back to the original Greek.

Well, "sons" and "daughters" is self explanatory. (We all know about the two genders, right?!)

The word translated "young men" actually means "a youth under 40" ...

G3495 Greek: νεανίσκος Transliteration: neanískos Pronunciation: neh-an-is'-kos ---------- Description: from the same as νεανίας(G3494); a youth (under forty): Translation: young man. KJV usage: young man (10x).

The word translated "old men" means "an elder or senior" ....it could even be translated, "elder woman."

G4245 Greek: πρεσβύτερος Transliteration: presbýteros Pronunciation: pres-boo'-ter-os ---------- Description: comparative of (elderly); older; as noun, a senior; specially, an Israelite Sanhedrist (also figuratively, member of the celestial council) or Christian "presbyter": Translation: elder(-est), old. KJV usage: elder (64x), old man (1x), eldest (1x), elder woman (1x).

Then, he ends with stating
"and on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy."

"Servants" means....

G1401 Greek: δοῦλος Transliteration: doûlos Pronunciation: doo'-los ---------- Description: from δέω(G1210); a slave (literal or figurative, involuntary or voluntary; frequently, therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency): Translation: bond(-man), servant. KJV usage: servant (120x), bond (6x), bondman (1x).

"Handmaidens" means...

G1399 Greek: δούλη Transliteration: doúlē Pronunciation: doo'-lay ---------- Description: feminine of δοῦλος(G1401); a female slave (involuntarily or voluntarily): Translation: handmaid(-en). KJV usage: handmaiden (2x), handmaid (1x).

A handmaiden is literally the female version of servant.

So here, we can see that visions and dreams aren't gender specific as some would like to claim. All you have to do is be willing to dig into the original meanings of the words we see in the Bible.

What we see is that the Spirit of God sets NO LIMITS on whom (of His believers) He will use! No age limits, social limits, or gender limits. :)

Galatians 3:25-29 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ²⁵ But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. ²⁶ For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. ²⁷ For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. ²⁸ There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. ²⁹ And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Also it should be noted that all scripture was written in masculine form so it makes it appear to be directed to men.

Status
Not open for further replies.