Need help understanding "paranormal activity" and the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bats are people too, did you cause a avalanche' from yelling to the other visitors?

LOL :D:D:p

'Round that age, I remember mom had the news on. Bill Clinton was being shown giving a speech, right before the warning spiel on kids chewing on toxic crayons, right before they showed the crater in the earth.

I don't think my heart beat more fast than after hearing Bill Clinton's warning that children breaking or chewing on crayons will cause them to explode and cause craters in the earth.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL :D:D:p

'Round that age, I remember mom had the news on. Bill Clinton was being shown giving a speech, right before the warning spiel on kids chewing on toxic crayons, right before they showed the crater in the earth.

I don't think my heart beat more fast than after hearing Bill Clinton's warning that children breaking or chewing on crayons will cause them to explode and cause craters in the earth.
Lol

Reactions: DuckieLady

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it turns out @TLHKAJ may be on point about something and I can't really get into specifics about it, but I know what to pray about now, so that may help.
Yes and also be aware "paranormal" actually refers to witchcraft...
par·a·nor·mal

/ˌperəˈnôrm(ə)l/

adjective

denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding.

"a mystic who can prove he has paranormal powers"

What you are dealing with are evil spirits manifesting through certain items in your house....and those items may be linked to something or someone associated with witchcraft....also called a spirit of divination

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
par·a·nor·mal

/ˌperəˈnôrm(ə)l/

adjective

denoting events or phenomena such as telekinesis or clairvoyance that are beyond the scope of normal scientific understanding.

What you are dealing with are evil spirits manifesting through certain items in your house....and those items may be linked to something or someone associated with witchcraft....also called a spirit of divination
Thank you. I'm going to have to think about this.

That's actually very interesting because it's been nothing of mine moving and I hadn't thought about that yet. I will need to bring that into prayer.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
par·a·nor·mal

/ˌperəˈnôrm(ə)l/

adjective

Believe in God and not these things, for those who believe in God are protected.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mentioned the Witch of Endor, which means you're thinking about ghosts. (My wife believes in 'em.) The only reference I could think of is in Acts 12:15 when John Mark's family thought Rhoda had seen Peter's ghost rather than the real Peter. (Luke has a wry sense of humor.) I guess that means they believed in ghosts too.

Acts 12:15-16 And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel. But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the door, and saw him, they were astonished.

for me this connects to translations and in is it the “Holy Spirit” or is it the “Holy Ghost”? for example
‘And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. [46] And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.’ Luke 23:45-46

Reactions: Lambano

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe in God and not these things, for those who believe in God are protected.
I believe wholeheartedly in God and in His power and authority to keep me safe from demons/evil spirits.
I have had multiple experiences of seeing them and I am not afraid because He is in me and He is greater than anyone or anything in the world.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. I'm going to have to think about this.

That's actually very interesting because it's been nothing of mine moving and I hadn't thought about that yet. I will need to bring that into prayer.
@TLHKAJ educated me about a Bible I inherited from a family member. It was a Mason Bible. I didn't know anything about the Mason's or freemasons...after she shared what they were about I got rid of it.
So a doorway may have been opened when I was reading through it back then.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I played with Quiji boards at 12/13 years old and two demons attached to me. Lets just say they made my life hell. Jesus let me hear them twice. Absolutely awful entities. I will have a hard time not judging them harshly when the time comes.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I played with Quiji boards at 12/13 years old and two demons attached to me. Lets just say they made my life hell. Jesus let me hear them twice. Absolutely awful entities. I will have a hard time not judging them harshly when the time comes.
Will definitely say a prayer about this for you.

I have a family member who messed with one and I think they have had a bad experience also.

That's an understatement

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will definitely say a prayer about this for you.

I have a family member who messed with one and I think they have had a bad experience also.

That's an understatement
Thank you. I can’t believe you can go buy a game to summon demons like it’s nothing. The devil has succeeded in making people believe he doesn’t exist. I will pray for you as well!

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet people believe the movie The Exorcist not to be based on reality.
I was just joking with this statement sorry mantis, but I believe in Jehovah and our savior Jesus Christ, our Saviors price he paid obsolved us of all these things, the power of Jehovah protects us from such things, the Ouija board is made by Milton Bradley toys.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just joking with this statement sorry mantis, but I believe in Jehovah and our savior Jesus Christ, our Saviors price he paid obsolved us of all these things, the power of Jehovah protects us from such things, the Ouija board is made by Milton Bradley toys.
I know but I messed with it before I was a Christian. Demons are very real and the Ouija is a gateway. You are inviting such entities to a conversation. The fact that it is a “toy” is ultimate deception.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know but I messed with it before I was a Christian. Demons are very real.
So is God and his only begotten son who died for us.

Don’t be led by this stuff, and don’t believe the Warrens neither.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man, I really hope not because I'm not okay with any of that. I'm going to be really frustrated if so. A huge part of me wants to say "No" but I am not really sure if that's the case or just because I so badly want the answer to be "no." lol

There's a Masonic Temple but I don't know anything about them.

Lord Jesus gave His servants power over all the enemy (Luke 10:17-20).

So open up your front door, and cast those evil spirits out in the Name of Jesus Christ. And don't doubt. Do it like sending off a letter, as if it is done, don't doubt that Power by Christ Jesus.

Then take a couple of drops of oil (cooking oil, olive oil, etc.) and anoint yourself on your forehead (and your loved ones), and tell the evil spirits to go back to the pit, in the Name of Jesus Christ. (they hate being commanded back to the pit.) And do this ANYTIME you feel you are experiencing any kind of paranormal activity. After a while, they will get tired of messing with you because of the Power of Christ Jesus over you. And they MUST obey you, because you are already claimed by Jesus Christ as His when you become a Christian.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is God and his only begotten son who died for us.

Don’t be led by this stuff, and don’t believe the Warrens neither.
What are you talking about? I’m not lead by anything but Christ. Who are the Warrens?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Using Ouija boards is opening oneself up to evil spirits and is a foolish thing to do.
A parachurch ministry I spent 2 weeks with teaches that. I first used one when I was 5.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about? I’m not lead by anything but Christ. Who are the Warrens?
The power of God almighty is more powerful than anything in the Universe he created, if you believe in him and Christ his son and love them with all your heart, the adversary’s legion cannot harm you.