Need To Ask! RE: Thanks giving!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I'm paying a "greater price" for my gasoline now, Lol. Oh, the humanity!!!

hindenburg-gif-7.gif
That looks like christendom and the world under the light of the all inclusive which is and shall destroy all who go under it .
Its all gonna tank in flames my friend . How bout we get back to the bible , the gospel and correction.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That looks like christendom and the world under the light of the all inclusive which is and shall destroy all who go under it .
Its all gonna tank in flames my friend . How bout we get back to the bible , the gospel and correction.
I missed Thanksgiving, but it is a man's day. We can give it to God, but it is still man's practice.

Tomorrow, if it is God's will, I am taking the Sabbath because God is leading me to rest in Him.

I spent too much time worrying about legalism. Waste of time.

"Sabbath is for the man, not man for the Sabbath."

It is a gift from the Lord and I remember also the parable of the wedding feast. Will I deny the invitation to glorify the father and rest in His love and His presence?

So today, I'm prepping to prepare.

Tomorrow, candles, peaceful worship music, an easy dinner, a platter for everyone to take from, and rest knowing that his affections are for me and are worth more than gold.

God's presence and peace of knowing Him is way better than Thanksgiving.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I missed Thanksgiving, but it is a man's day. We can give it to God, but it is still man's practice.

Tomorrow, if it is God's will, I am taking the Sabbath because God is leading me to rest in Him.

It is a gift from the Lord and I remember also the parable of the wedding feast. Will I deny the invitation to glorify the father and rest in His love and His presence?

Tomorrow, candles, peaceful worship music, an easy dinner, a platter for everyone to take from, and rest knowing that his affections are for me and are worth more than gold.

What is legalism . I have heard the term but never seen it in the bible .
I go with this saying . COME YE UNTO ME all ye who do labor and who are weary and I SHALL GIVE REST FOR YOUR SOULS .
JESUS is the rest for the lambs . FOR HE and in HE ALONE is salvation found .
But what is legalism . I have heard many use that word and for different reasons .
Often , surprise , i get called a legalist, but it cause i say OBEY JESUS . But that aint legalism .
SO what is legalism exactly .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is legalism . I have heard the term but never seen it in the bible .
I go with this saying . COME YE UNTO ME all ye who do labor and who are weary and I SHALL GIVE REST FOR YOUR SOULS .
JESUS is the rest for the lambs . FOR HE and in HE ALONE is salvation found .
But what is legalism . I have heard many use that word and for different reasons .
Often , surprise , i get called a legalist, but it cause i say OBEY JESUS . But that aint legalism .
SO what is legalism exactly .
Lol! I agree.

Something else on my mind. God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh.

Creation still stands- for a while and the Word of the Lord stands forever.

I am not sure where I am going with that, it is from the spirit, maybe someone else will get it and finish it for me. Or explain it to me.

But seems right to take part in His rest in obedience because we love Him.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That sounds wonderful.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I had to laugh at that one. LOL. I am really glad the Mayflower didn't run on gas though.

So the quality of the food must have been good then. How many weeks did it take to cross the ditch from Europe? 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or ??. The food towards the end of the crossing probably meant that they were running on gas by that time towards the end of the crossing. They would not have been that green by today's standards. LOL

Reactions: Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being thankful to God for his mercy and amazing grace is so needed in our society today. I am so thankful for my family and my friends. I am thankful for Christ's work on the cross, salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I am thankful for the food on our tables and for the ability to work and be provided for. I am thankful for this forum and the many souls I have met here through the years. Glory to God. Thank you Jesus! View attachment 18892 View attachment 18893
Give God the glory indeed, dear sister in Christ!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know I'm paying a "greater price" for my gasoline now, Lol. Oh, the humanity!!!

hindenburg-gif-7.gif
Can anyone else remember back in the 1980s [I think] when people were complaining because the gasoline price soared up above 80 cents per gallon and lines of cars at the pumps sometimes stretched out for blocks? It was up from about 35 cents per gallon if you can imagine that!

Give Thanks Indeed!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him who was I talking to on here...

Was it you that I was going to remind about John Bunyan having a breakdown over playing a game of cat on the Sabbath? (Btw to us, cat is basically like baseball. Sorta.) I cannot remember what put this in my head.

Martin Luther was also very anxious about his sin. And they both changed history.

I'm giving this to you.

John Bunyan, Part 2

Take it

tenor.gif

Edit: didn't mean Paul, meant John, my bad

And yes it was you

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was it you that I was going to remind about John Bunyan having a breakdown over playing a game of cat on the Sabbath? (Btw to us, cat is basically like baseball. Sorta.) I cannot remember what put this in my head.

Martin Luther was also very anxious about his sin. And they both changed history.

I'm giving this to you.

John Bunyan, Part 2

Take it

tenor.gif

Lol! I'm taking it, I just don't know what to do with it. :p Makes me wonder how you actually play a game of Cat now...

Hope this doesn't mean I can't play my video games anymore. That might turn me into a real scaredy cat, cuz I need my relaxation times.

36bb589d59e6b0523da6d67f828a755e.gif

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! I agree.

Something else on my mind. God created the world in six days and rested on the seventh.

Creation still stands- for a while and the Word of the Lord stands forever.

I am not sure where I am going with that, it is from the spirit, maybe someone else will get it and finish it for me. Or explain it to me.

But seems right to take part in His rest in obedience because we love Him.

downloadfile-22.jpg

Thankful. Rest is good.