• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been looking at the restoration .....I see it from a different prospective, from the angle of restoring the people of God. The walls around the temple are broken, access points - given that we are ‘ the temple ‘ ......there are many areas in our lives that allow the enemy to come in and take hold. In order to repair and restore the outer protection needs to be rebuilt.
Nehemiah is aware of the brokenness, but I order to be actively involved he needs to ‘ seek God and gain approval from the King ( a good King who knows of his sadness and desire to do the right thing ) .....
It starts with concern, it leads to prayer, which leads to action.....however Nehemiah also needed protection ( the letters - the written word and the army went with him, provided by The King )
We can help others but we also need protection x
Then he exercised wisdom and discernment- he pondered things in his heart until it was the right time to relay to those around him what God was going to do ....he didn’t rush in x
With any restoration their needs to be Gods timing, discernment, but also joint acknowledgment for the task at hand- the people were in agreement, and they were inspired to move forward.
Once restoration is agreed on , opposition is always there, no so much directly from the King of Judah,but from those who were serving him ( Satan uses others to hinder the work at hand )
They mock their ability, character ( feeble Jews ) and there endurance - ‘ you will never achieve what you are doing ‘ ......they belittle , accuse, discourage and bring about doubt ..
The other thing observe is that the gates are repaired first, the entrance points of attack
Also that all kinds of people were involved in the restoration .......God uses many people as he restores those who need restoration, it’s never about one person in a high position ......different people are better suited for helping restore different areas within a persons life.........

However when the walls are completely build Nehemiah makes a bold claim in 2: 20 ‘ The God of heaven will give us success. We his servants will start rebuilding , but as for you , you have no share in Jerusalem or any claim or historic right to it ‘ the enemy of the restoration will have no claim , no share ect - Victory x

That is what I pulled from looking at Nehemiah, deep within me I feel this is all part of the building up of others as we head into battle @Heart2Soul ..........
Absolutely, I have been looking at it in that perspective as well. I cant wait til we get to chapter 13.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have been looking at the restoration .....I see it from a different prospective, from the angle of restoring the people of God. The walls around the temple are broken, access points - given that we are ‘ the temple ‘ ......there are many areas in our lives that allow the enemy to come in and take hold. In order to repair and restore the outer protection needs to be rebuilt.
Nehemiah is aware of the brokenness, but I order to be actively involved he needs to ‘ seek God and gain approval from the King ( a good King who knows of his sadness and desire to do the right thing ) .....
It starts with concern, it leads to prayer, which leads to action.....however Nehemiah also needed protection ( the letters - the written word and the army went with him, provided by The King )
We can help others but we also need protection x
Then he exercised wisdom and discernment- he pondered things in his heart until it was the right time to relay to those around him what God was going to do ....he didn’t rush in x
With any restoration their needs to be Gods timing, discernment, but also joint acknowledgment for the task at hand- the people were in agreement, and they were inspired to move forward.
Once restoration is agreed on , opposition is always there, no so much directly from the King of Judah,but from those who were serving him ( Satan uses others to hinder the work at hand )
They mock their ability, character ( feeble Jews ) and there endurance - ‘ you will never achieve what you are doing ‘ ......they belittle , accuse, discourage and bring about doubt ..
The other thing observe is that the gates are repaired first, the entrance points of attack
Also that all kinds of people were involved in the restoration .......God uses many people as he restores those who need restoration, it’s never about one person in a high position ......different people are better suited for helping restore different areas within a persons life.........

However when the walls are completely build Nehemiah makes a bold claim in 2: 20 ‘ The God of heaven will give us success. We his servants will start rebuilding , but as for you , you have no share in Jerusalem or any claim or historic right to it ‘ the enemy of the restoration will have no claim , no share ect - Victory x

That is what I pulled from looking at Nehemiah, deep within me I feel this is all part of the building up of others as we head into battle @Heart2Soul ..........
@Rita: Yes, prayer and humbling is so important, individually & collectively.

Reactions: Heart2Soul