New here...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Siskim

Jan 29, 2008
Atheist Friend, Let's face it; such a great subject as Truth, but moreso...finding Truth, if there is such, is not going to be expressed or taken as Truth in one writing by anyone. We need to talk awhile. I think I can respond a little according to what you are asking, which is not what do you think, feel, believe, but how does any person Objectively recognize the Truth of Christianity, or of any Religion for that matter? To talk on this platform, we "Have to" first address Truth: is there an ultimate truth? Where does it come from if so? How do we know it is such? Is Truth what an individual or culture thinks, feels, or is it what works for them? Why do people seek it anyway? Is there something that causes us to look for bigger answers to who I am, why I'm here, where I'm going, and is there any hope beyond living here then dying? Is it reasonable to consider that the "ultimate Creator if there is one, and Ultimate Knowledge that perhaps put together man, this world, and universe in such an intricate funtionable way, might be the one causing us to Question! Or are we all just so similar that we just question the same things? I am a Christian who also believes in Evolution! Don't freak out! They've proven an ape like man existed; can't deny it. But they can't find the missing link...how man got from an advanced Ape man over the bridge to being a human man. The whole theory is missing just one link! God tells us that "Truth" comes not by head knowledge so much, but yet by Hearing or reading the Word he gave. he says this Word is 'living" meaning it will cause things to happen in you. What a claim is this! He even goes as far to say that Christ was this Word of His made into a man...so that we could actually "see" the manifested reality of who God is, how he is, how he responds to man, etc... Christ said if you've seen me, you've seen the Father. Jesus was not only all about love, but he IS Love itself. Do His actions and responses and all that he did and said correlate to God being Love? So what you say? Do his principles work in this here world according to how he claimed they would? What if they do? What If...this God really did send Jesus and they really are one and did inspire this book, does that mean He is ultimate, what about other ideas? One question at a time! IF the Words in the Bible of the Christ followers correlate and prove themselves against this world and man that they were delivered to, what does this prove? Does it prove that this claiming God must be God because He not only knows man so well, that He has told him what will happen if he does this or that and it comes to pass, or that He has foretold future coming things and they have come to pass? Or might we See that it just proves that maybe this God is real but who says He's the Boss? The first, the highest power, etc...? Historical and Christian historical knowledge backs up with writings and timing of those writings that many things that have come to pass were written before Christ ever appeared here. This has to leave us considering some real possibilites. Jesus life and crucifixtion and so many details were written before he ever came by the Prophets; it's possible to question this in many ways, but Reason surely puts all this on the list of high potential. We really need to narrow in on a subject to discuss. And I will love to participate and others too, but in the meantime, while you get so many subjective answers from Christians is because our faith is bigger and more real to us than all the physical answers. Why? Because we have answered what this God says will open the door for us to coming to know him...He says we can gain a world of knowledge and still never come to the knowledge of the truth...Why? Because He says the Truth comes by hearing...not just anything...but the Word he says IS truth. So then Truth itself will reveal itself to you when you accpet it....but God says...not so much into your mind, but your heart. Why the heart?Because a man's heart is is where his truth is. God claims he loves us and wants us to come to him freely, willingly, and with our heart. If God is real and is Truth...He is telling us that he will know we are truly seeking Him the Truth if we come from the place where who we are is exposed or is real...our heart. He's not a God that's all about judgement and reasoning, though he does say, Come let us reason together," but being A God of Love who offers redemption of our souls...true essence...spirit...heart...he meets us and reasons with us not with science but Love....So if he is real, and IS Love, shall we say to Love, I want to know you by reason? and he says in return, you can know me by what I am...Love. If you want to even know the God of Christ, the best way is first to do what he says to be able to find him...which is to seek him....and then LOOK for His love, and he will surely show it to you.There are other gods my brother, that do not claim a God who always was and Is and always will be...that do not offer Love but death to those who do not comply, who support the mind of man but ignorre the heart of man...Yes we can choose any god we want to, but let's discuss any subject of your choice...any question...and see if we can answer what answers we are getting fromvarious sources and if there is Objective Truth that correlates to the man and world they address.Perhaps you might think...of what it is that "Truly" causes you to bother to search, Why do you question? What are you hoping, if anything, to learn or find? This bible says, Seek and you will find and knock and it will be iopened to you...If your question is how do I recognize the true God if there is one, I've told how he said to do it...by hearing his word with an open heart and seeking him to respond, asking him to. We have to find him in the way he tells us because our way may not work. Do have any specific question, I mean one that truly matters to you? Because we often find answers to what we Truly want or need or search for. this God is not worried about proving himself to man, because he says he already has...by sending his Son here and providing us the Word of Truth. He says he will make us able to believe; faith "Comes" that means He gives it...when we do the simplest thing of just believing there is God, and if you can't yet but want the Truth if there is one, just ask, and watch for the way he will answer. It doesn't have to be the way you think...any God will answer in the way he sees fit...because if there is God, we are his created and thus He knows more than we, and will respond in His ways not what we think ought to be.You say no answers about miracles and such...but Oh do I have a story! I need to get busy because I have intended to make a book of it. It will be called, "you must be Forever Vigilant." After our dramatic last year in which I was about possessed by a big deception, which was all about a proclaimed minister, prophet, missionary, my husband came to the door of death due to all that transpired, and I was the main one who let all this in, which was destroying all of us, and family. My husband healed right here in a matter of 45 minutes. He "saw" the Lord here in the room, I "saw" him see him...this was more amazing than the healing! I can describe it. I was delivered after a whole year of a mind and spirit that was not mine...and our family and life restored in many ways, and brother, this isn't the first time God has saved my life from ruin. I saw and experienced things that make me more vividly aware than ever, that we are not outside of God's view, or left alone, and it's quite a dramatic story. I hope you do find the answers, because in them you find the answers to....who you are, who you are created to be, what life is about, what your purposes are, what Life really is and Joy and peace...not as we have known thus far in this world or culture, but as God says is possible to know from Him. We can know things and not always know how to really make it real to someone else. We can search and maybe not find the minute we think we ought to, but if we keep on searching diligently with a true heart, we Will be shown the answers. Hope you come back, Siskim

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Siskim;33645)
Atheist Friend, Let's face it; such a great subject as Truth, but moreso...finding Truth, if there is such, is not going to be expressed or taken as Truth in one writing by anyone. We need to talk awhile. I think I can respond a little according to what you are asking, which is not what do you think, feel, believe, but how does any person Objectively recognize the Truth of Christianity, or of any Religion for that matter? To talk on this platform, we "Have to" first address Truth: is there an ultimate truth? Where does it come from if so? How do we know it is such? Is Truth what an individual or culture thinks, feels, or is it what works for them? Why do people seek it anyway? Is there something that causes us to look for bigger answers to who I am, why I'm here, where I'm going, and is there any hope beyond living here then dying? Is it reasonable to consider that the "ultimate Creator if there is one, and Ultimate Knowledge that perhaps put together man, this world, and universe in such an intricate funtionable way, might be the one causing us to Question! Or are we all just so similar that we just question the same things? I am a Christian who also believes in Evolution! Don't freak out! They've proven an ape like man existed; can't deny it. But they can't find the missing link...how man got from an advanced Ape man over the bridge to being a human man. The whole theory is missing just one link! God tells us that "Truth" comes not by head knowledge so much, but yet by Hearing or reading the Word he gave. he says this Word is 'living" meaning it will cause things to happen in you. What a claim is this! He even goes as far to say that Christ was this Word of His made into a man...so that we could actually "see" the manifested reality of who God is, how he is, how he responds to man, etc... Christ said if you've seen me, you've seen the Father. Jesus was not only all about love, but he IS Love itself. Do His actions and responses and all that he did and said correlate to God being Love? So what you say? Do his principles work in this here world according to how he claimed they would? What if they do? What If...this God really did send Jesus and they really are one and did inspire this book, does that mean He is ultimate, what about other ideas? One question at a time! IF the Words in the Bible of the Christ followers correlate and prove themselves against this world and man that they were delivered to, what does this prove? Does it prove that this claiming God must be God because He not only knows man so well, that He has told him what will happen if he does this or that and it comes to pass, or that He has foretold future coming things and they have come to pass? Or might we See that it just proves that maybe this God is real but who says He's the Boss? The first, the highest power, etc...? Historical and Christian historical knowledge backs up with writings and timing of those writings that many things that have come to pass were written before Christ ever appeared here. This has to leave us considering some real possibilites. Jesus life and crucifixtion and so many details were written before he ever came by the Prophets; it's possible to question this in many ways, but Reason surely puts all this on the list of high potential. We really need to narrow in on a subject to discuss. And I will love to participate and others too, but in the meantime, while you get so many subjective answers from Christians is because our faith is bigger and more real to us than all the physical answers. Why? Because we have answered what this God says will open the door for us to coming to know him...He says we can gain a world of knowledge and still never come to the knowledge of the truth...Why? Because He says the Truth comes by hearing...not just anything...but the Word he says IS truth. So then Truth itself will reveal itself to you when you accpet it....but God says...not so much into your mind, but your heart. Why the heart?Because a man's heart is is where his truth is. God claims he loves us and wants us to come to him freely, willingly, and with our heart. If God is real and is Truth...He is telling us that he will know we are truly seeking Him the Truth if we come from the place where who we are is exposed or is real...our heart. He's not a God that's all about judgement and reasoning, though he does say, Come let us reason together," but being A God of Love who offers redemption of our souls...true essence...spirit...heart...he meets us and reasons with us not with science but Love....So if he is real, and IS Love, shall we say to Love, I want to know you by reason? and he says in return, you can know me by what I am...Love. If you want to even know the God of Christ, the best way is first to do what he says to be able to find him...which is to seek him....and then LOOK for His love, and he will surely show it to you.There are other gods my brother, that do not claim a God who always was and Is and always will be...that do not offer Love but death to those who do not comply, who support the mind of man but ignorre the heart of man...Yes we can choose any god we want to, but let's discuss any subject of your choice...any question...and see if we can answer what answers we are getting fromvarious sources and if there is Objective Truth that correlates to the man and world they address.Perhaps you might think...of what it is that "Truly" causes you to bother to search, Why do you question? What are you hoping, if anything, to learn or find? This bible says, Seek and you will find and knock and it will be iopened to you...If your question is how do I recognize the true God if there is one, I've told how he said to do it...by hearing his word with an open heart and seeking him to respond, asking him to. We have to find him in the way he tells us because our way may not work. Do have any specific question, I mean one that truly matters to you? Because we often find answers to what we Truly want or need or search for. this God is not worried about proving himself to man, because he says he already has...by sending his Son here and providing us the Word of Truth. He says he will make us able to believe; faith "Comes" that means He gives it...when we do the simplest thing of just believing there is God, and if you can't yet but want the Truth if there is one, just ask, and watch for the way he will answer. It doesn't have to be the way you think...any God will answer in the way he sees fit...because if there is God, we are his created and thus He knows more than we, and will respond in His ways not what we think ought to be.You say no answers about miracles and such...but Oh do I have a story! I need to get busy because I have intended to make a book of it. It will be called, "you must be Forever Vigilant." After our dramatic last year in which I was about possessed by a big deception, which was all about a proclaimed minister, prophet, missionary, my husband came to the door of death due to all that transpired, and I was the main one who let all this in, which was destroying all of us, and family. My husband healed right here in a matter of 45 minutes. He "saw" the Lord here in the room, I "saw" him see him...this was more amazing than the healing! I can describe it. I was delivered after a whole year of a mind and spirit that was not mine...and our family and life restored in many ways, and brother, this isn't the first time God has saved my life from ruin. I saw and experienced things that make me more vividly aware than ever, that we are not outside of God's view, or left alone, and it's quite a dramatic story. I hope you do find the answers, because in them you find the answers to....who you are, who you are created to be, what life is about, what your purposes are, what Life really is and Joy and peace...not as we have known thus far in this world or culture, but as God says is possible to know from Him. We can know things and not always know how to really make it real to someone else. We can search and maybe not find the minute we think we ought to, but if we keep on searching diligently with a true heart, we Will be shown the answers. Hope you come back, Siskim
There is no prove for evolution, we humans are not animals to begin with. Evolution and God's Words can not co-exist.And Atheist, I really do hope you come to know God our Maker. God is so wonderful that He offers eternal life.Jag

Siskim

Jan 29, 2008
My Brother, Is this a good example to our atheist brother...what's more important...a dispute over something trivial or presenting the new life that it is us? And my atheist brother, it is in us, even though we are all still human also, and it's in my other brother here. Us modern christians let the old nature take over sometimes. This is true, for any of us.It really doesn't matter if this part or that or all of Evolution is real and true or not...It is true that we mortal, infinite people do not know or have access to ALL knowledge that exists. i am not miles behind you brother, but have been a heavy Jesus girl for years and did used to deny so much such as this....I am not saying or attempting to believe that man came from animals: the bible clearly tells us we were created in the image of God, not animals. Who says the process of Evolution can't co-exist with God? Besides the culture that conditioned us to believe this? People and life are evolving/adapting all the time. People used to live maybe until only 40...but now to nearly 100. Species of animals and plants have evolved. Science is not a farse. Are all the archeologists liars? Did they create these bones and skeletons they show as proof of some primitive man or ape man? Is our answer simply...this stuff can't exist? When I said they have not found the missing link, what I was saying was they have not been able to connect this primitive man to man as we know him....that's the big point! So I don't believe we came by this Evolution that has been claimed, yet apparently there are evidence of some primitive or ape type man.My point is...we and "I" have been narrow minded...with the Truth we have come to know we will not allow what we have been taught and conditioned to not allow....we've been taught it's black and white...no such thing as evolution...but yet there is evidence to the natural eye that people are not going to ignore, because they can see it! It's clear. I rather think we just don't perhaps have all the answers...or access to all the answers. These creatures apparently existed at some time...who knows where they fit in to the whole picture of this world....they may be a whole separate story. Science is not a farse....and in itself who says it's against God? Man? It's knowledge that is available...who says it's evil. Alot of scientists have ended their careers stating the conclusion is...there must be or is a God. All searches lead to the Truth...to God...do you agree? If so, even science. Science has founds cures for diseases; is this evil? Or did the knowledge God gave us allow us to do this?Some of science has tried to prove man came from apes but hasn't been able to because of the missing link. Where does this leave the subject? I think the missing link is that there is no connection! The end of all searches lead to the Truth which is God. So brother, don't take me wrong, I am not an enemy of the Faith, but am seeing moreso in these later years that God is evident not only in our hearts but in this world also which he created...even Reason points to His truths and existence...and we were also taught that reason was an enemy, yet God gave us ability to reason..."be ready to give a reason of the faith that's in you" we are not enemies or of a differrent family.............love sis kim

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
I just love monkeys, just looking at them, their behaviour. I think they are so funny and cute. One of my favorite animals. God might often think we are so silly/ funny also.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Siskim;33730)
My Brother, Is this a good example to our atheist brother...what's more important...a dispute over something trivial or presenting the new life that it is us? And my atheist brother, it is in us, even though we are all still human also, and it's in my other brother here. Us modern christians let the old nature take over sometimes. This is true, for any of us.It really doesn't matter if this part or that or all of Evolution is real and true or not...It is true that we mortal, infinite people do not know or have access to ALL knowledge that exists. i am not miles behind you brother, but have been a heavy Jesus girl for years and did used to deny so much such as this....I am not saying or attempting to believe that man came from animals: the bible clearly tells us we were created in the image of God, not animals. Who says the process of Evolution can't co-exist with God? Besides the culture that conditioned us to believe this? People and life are evolving/adapting all the time. People used to live maybe until only 40...but now to nearly 100. Species of animals and plants have evolved. Science is not a farse. Are all the archeologists liars? Did they create these bones and skeletons they show as proof of some primitive man or ape man? Is our answer simply...this stuff can't exist? When I said they have not found the missing link, what I was saying was they have not been able to connect this primitive man to man as we know him....that's the big point! So I don't believe we came by this Evolution that has been claimed, yet apparently there are evidence of some primitive or ape type man.My point is...we and "I" have been narrow minded...with the Truth we have come to know we will not allow what we have been taught and conditioned to not allow....we've been taught it's black and white...no such thing as evolution...but yet there is evidence to the natural eye that people are not going to ignore, because they can see it! It's clear. I rather think we just don't perhaps have all the answers...or access to all the answers. These creatures apparently existed at some time...who knows where they fit in to the whole picture of this world....they may be a whole separate story. Science is not a farse....and in itself who says it's against God? Man? It's knowledge that is available...who says it's evil. Alot of scientists have ended their careers stating the conclusion is...there must be or is a God. All searches lead to the Truth...to God...do you agree? If so, even science. Science has founds cures for diseases; is this evil? Or did the knowledge God gave us allow us to do this?Some of science has tried to prove man came from apes but hasn't been able to because of the missing link. Where does this leave the subject? I think the missing link is that there is no connection! The end of all searches lead to the Truth which is God. So brother, don't take me wrong, I am not an enemy of the Faith, but am seeing moreso in these later years that God is evident not only in our hearts but in this world also which he created...even Reason points to His truths and existence...and we were also taught that reason was an enemy, yet God gave us ability to reason..."be ready to give a reason of the faith that's in you" we are not enemies or of a differrent family.............love sis kim
The Word of God (bible) alone has all the answers of past, present and future events. It has no missing link as it is flawless. Whatsoever has a missing link is not of God. Obviously a missing link can't be explained. (Proverbs 30:6) Ape is an animal that God created first on the sixth day. (Genesis 1:24-25) And God create mankind second on that same day. (Genesis 1:26-28) All searches do not lead to the Truth. Christ alone that leads and is the Way to the Truth. He is the only way to Heaven. (John 14:6)The longest person on Earth lived on Earth was 969 years old (Genesis 5:27) There are some people dies in today's world at under the age of 40 years old. But man can only live upto 120 years old, which God said it. (Genesis 6:3)Kim, you really need to be corrected in this area if they want to grow strong in the Faith in Christ.I Peter 3:15 - But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Hi, Kim. I do see where you are coming from. It's okay to admit that there is some evidence that things are found in nature and make us wonder about the past. Sometimes these things don't seem to be addressed completely by Christians. They want to turn a deaf ear and blind eye. I think the truth is, if we can't explain something, we get intimidated by it or fearful to discuss it. God is so much bigger than that. And it's okay to say,"I don't know, but I trust God.I can only tell you what I do know based on His Word. Only He knows the big picture and that's enough for me. He's proved Himself time and time again in my life." That may seem like a pat answer, but it is an answer that we should be confident in when we walk with Him, love Him, and trust His wise character. I must agree with superjag about the ape thing, as far as humans being linked with them. I absolutely do believe that humans must be set apart from animals, as God breathed Himself into Adam and he became a living soul. Scripture does not say that about the animals. That definitely makes a difference. I don't think a chimp is capable of receiving salvation,nor ever was. Now the word evolution does mean change, so you are right that things are constantly growing and changing. That's another misconception among Christians. I teach Science to my class, but I do present both concepts. I have to teach about the dinosaurs billions of years ago, but I do tell the class that some do not believe this because they believe in the creation account. Either way, I tell them they should decide for themselves by checking it out. I tell them what I believe. I know since I am in the public school system that I could get into trouble for this, so keep me in your prayers. I haven't so far, but the day is coming- of that I'm sure. So far, we have remained a Southern, more traditional parish. We even say a blessing before lunch! (PTL) Just give your Christian buds a break. They may be afraid to look deeper for fear that they will fall into the enemy's trap. And this is a real fear.The enemy is cunning and he is powerful. He is someone to be feared and we are told to flee if he comes near.Other Christians have been in his grasp and won't go back for anything and are very zealous to fight for truth. That's why they are so aggressive. It's all in what you've been through:)

Siskim

Jan 29, 2008
Is it By His Grace? Beautiful message and spirit. I perceive, yes. And do realize that we are zealous for this faith and protective. We were just talking once, hubby and I, about how we just don't know all the answers, and while we both firm believers than man came as God said, in his image, so that that hardly indicates even a primitive man! Yet apparently these creatures existed....and who knows? And really we don't have to know, or God would tell us or would have. Who can say or limit God's creation through eternity, past and future...some things have not been told, and that's enough of that.It didn't need to be said anyway. Well, good for you! Allowing the students a choice to both hear and have opportunity to possess knowledge of both creation ideas. We think it's a little unfair to only put Evolution into a child's head without the Creator and His Truth, don't we? Afterall, kids are very trusting and tend to believe black and white what someone like teacher might say. Risky yes, but what choice do you have? To fear the world or your own livlihood over God? Perhaps a bit of a test for you. A prayer for you that I will ask, that you remain covered and your career/job protected from any of those devices, while you stand in front of these children as a man of God, in a position He surely put you in. If God gave you teaching, and of children, and you are doing what's right in His eyes, and I'm sure giving respect to employer to all points except those that might ask you to deny what God would not ask you to, then I trust completely that regardless of what may ever arise, what you have committed to God, that surely is His will, is secure in Heaven and earth, unless peradventure God chooses to work His will sometimes through adversity. Complete faith for your teaching position. Thanks for good words, Kim

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Thanks, Siskim. I needed that today. It's His By Grace, and I am a woman that teaches grade 2. I still think it's important to instill in these little ones that I believe God made them, the animals, the dinosaurs, etc. I greatly appreciate your taking the time to share kindness with me. May you be blessed beyond measure for your prayers for others. May they return to you a hundred fold.

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
(Siskim;33773)
Allowing the students a choice to both hear and have opportunity to possess knowledge of both creation ideas. We think it's a little unfair to only put Evolution into a child's head without the Creator and His Truth, don't we? Afterall, kids are very trusting and tend to believe black and white what someone like teacher might say. Risky yes, but what choice do you have? To fear the world or your own livlihood over God? Perhaps a bit of a test for you.
Well, wait a minute. You might believe in creationism/intelligent design/etc. rather than evolution, but you can't teach that as science. It's not science. If there's a class about religious beliefs that they're taking then that's the proper place for it.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I don't teach it as Science, per say, but rather I say that Scientists say this is what they have researched and believe to be true. They believe there is evidence that the earth is billions of years old,etc. But, I do think it's okay to tell them that it may not line up with what we're taught in the Bible. What's wrong with that? Some of these children do go to church and I have had parents complain that their children have to be exposed to this position of Science anyway. I don't push any view on them. I keep the options open. I will not be forced to teach something I don't believe. That's what is wrong with Christianity today. We are afraid to take a stand in every day life. We let others tell us what to say, believe, etc. When, where, do we live out what we believe? How are we to be consistant with what/who we say that we are? I don't want to be hypocritical, so that's why I take a stand. Ken Hovind (I believe that's spelled right) has some great teachings on evolution vs. creationism that I wish I could introduce to my class, but I know that would be carrying it too far. So, I keep it as mild as I can without feeling that I am compromising the truth I believe in.

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
(His By Grace;33854)
I don't teach it as Science, per say, but rather I say that Scientists say this is what they have researched and believe to be true. They believe there is evidence that the earth is billions of years old,etc. But, I do think it's okay to tell them that it may not line up with what we're taught in the Bible. What's wrong with that? Some of these children do go to church and I have had parents complain that their children have to be exposed to this position of Science anyway.
To be honest I'm mostly just surprised that you're teaching evolution at all in the second grade. We didn't learn about the specifics of it until high school biology. But I suppose I don't have a major problem with it as long as it's not being presented as science. I would only advise that the way in which you bring up evolution's clashes with the Bible doesn't implicitly push the students one way or the other. I'm very adamant about faith being something you need to reach on your own, not have insinuated into you at a young age.
Ken Hovind (I believe that's spelled right) has some great teachings on evolution vs. creationism that I wish I could introduce to my class, but I know that would be carrying it too far.
It breaks my heart to hear someone bring this guy's name up. Kent Hovind is a liar and crook with no scientific credentials beyond a high-school level who is serving a prison sentence for tax fraud. Given his flirtation with the law I hardly consider him to be morally distinguished enough to be speaking on God's behalf, let alone scientifically distinguished enough to be speaking about evolution.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Wow! I did not know that about Kent Hovind. I am so glad you told me! He came to our church years ago. It's probably been at least 10 years. I haven't kept up with him, though. So, he's in prison right now? I would never have dreamed he would do that! Of course, I do tend to take people at face value, at times. He is VERY convincing! Always correct me if you see that I have referred to anyone that you have valid info. on and can bring me up-to-date about. So where can I find this information on him? I would never want to lead anyone to false teaching. And, no I don't push anything on my children. I know that wouldn't be right.

Ek Pyros

Feb 6, 2008
Woah, woah, woah. Kent Hovind may be a tax fraud, but that in no way impugns his scientific truth. That's a big time non sequitur. Hovind did a lot for YEC. He messed up big time (like all of us...), but to say his pecuniary crimes had any relation to his message is an unjustified assertion.

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
(Ek Pyros;34262)
Woah, woah, woah. Kent Hovind may be a tax fraud, but that in no way impugns his scientific truth. That's a big time non sequitur. Hovind did a lot for YEC. He messed up big time (like all of us...), but to say his pecuniary crimes had any relation to his message is an unjustified assertion.
You're right, of course, but his scientific credentials have a lot to do with it. Kent Hovind has no scientific credentials beyond a high school level. In fact, he has no credentials at all beyond a high school level. He received a bachelor's degree in religious education from an unaccredited college (Midwestern Baptist College), and received his masters from the unaccredited Patriot Bible University, which is a known diploma mill. If you look at the photos of Patriot Bible University it's really completely laughable, as the "university" consists of a single one-story house.On top of that, Kent Hovind's arguments are pretty laughable themselves, but that's a whole different story.

Ek Pyros

Feb 6, 2008
(Lunar;34287)
You're right, of course, but his scientific credentials have a lot to do with it. Kent Hovind has no scientific credentials beyond a high school level. In fact, he has no credentials at all beyond a high school level. He received a bachelor's degree in religious education from an unaccredited college (Midwestern Baptist College), and received his masters from the unaccredited Patriot Bible University, which is a known diploma mill. If you look at the photos of Patriot Bible University it's really completely laughable, as the "university" consists of a single one-story house.On top of that, Kent Hovind's arguments are pretty laughable themselves, but that's a whole different story.
Some of his arguments are very true, though. That's the point I'm getting at--the man still spoke some truth regardless of his credentials.I think we have a lot of precendents in the Bible for unqualified people speaking great truth. That is why I would not judge Mr. Hovind based on his education or lack thereof.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
Yeah, would people today have laughed at a Jewish carpenter who was not trained as a Rabbi, yet could teach the spiritual leaders of His day in the temple? Would people today ask for the credentials of Peter, James, and John or any of the disciples-most who were just common fishermen? Jesus didn't go to the wealthy, educated, and esteemed of his day and say the soul penetrating phrase, "Follow me!" He entrusted His very intimate words with the lowly. Yet their words cut to the very souls of those who heard them speak though people knew they were untrained men. That's the beauty of the gospel. God doesn't want our ability. He's not impressed with that. He wants our availability. I think Hovind has some very good points, but he will be held accountable for not paying his taxes, as well, That was a poor witness on his part.

Lunar

Nov 23, 2007
(Ek Pyros;34323)
Some of his arguments are very true, though. That's the point I'm getting at--the man still spoke some truth regardless of his credentials.I think we have a lot of precendents in the Bible for unqualified people speaking great truth. That is why I would not judge Mr. Hovind based on his education or lack thereof.
I see some of the outrageous things he says as a reflection of his lack of education. Scientists that have interacted with Mr. Hovind claim that it's difficult to even engage with him because he doesn't the basic understanding required to speak on the same terms.If you want to debate Kent Hovind's reasoning, though, we can have another thread for that.

Ek Pyros

Feb 6, 2008
(Lunar;34375)
I see some of the outrageous things he says as a reflection of his lack of education. Scientists that have interacted with Mr. Hovind claim that it's difficult to even engage with him because he doesn't the basic understanding required to speak on the same terms.If you want to debate Kent Hovind's reasoning, though, we can have another thread for that.
I don't wish to. Nothing you've said contradicts or refutes anything I've said. Hovind has at some point spoken some scientific truth, regardless of his tax fraud. That was my point. How much a scientist he is is up for debate. I don't care for the verdict. Nor do I care what scientist colleagues thinks of him.