New to Christianity Board

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Welcome to the forum metalmike
My son was only asking me the other day if there were Christian heavy rock bands - actually he wondered if they ever used bad language in their songs. I said I didn't think so, but had no idea ( my son is an athiest ) Guess you might know the answer ! ?

Reactions: MetalMike

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello, my name is Mike and I just joined the board tonight. Up until 2005, I was an Atheist, but converted to Christianity in 2005. My top 3 loves in life are God, family and metal music (hence my name and avatar).

I couldn't find another thread where new people can introduce themselves, so I made my own thread to introduce myself if that's okay.

Hi Mike, welcome!

I've enjoyed quite a bit of metal in my day, though I've slowwed w-a-a-a-y down these days.

Some of my faves were HB, Barren Cross, Saint, like that. I don't know what's new out there, now I'm into Hillsong and Urban Rescue and stuff like that. And choral hymns.

Much love!
Mark

Reactions: Hisman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Mayflower! I'm not really into Skillet that much. But when it comes to Christian metal bands, I do enjoy Pillar, P.O.D., Fit For A King and For Today.
Just checked out Fit for a King, music sounds great, very strong, but I never could get into the growling.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were still listening to metal, this is what it would be:

Much love!

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum metalmike
My son was only asking me the other day if there were Christian heavy rock bands - actually he wondered if they ever used bad language in their songs. I said I didn't think so, but had no idea ( my son is an athiest ) Guess you might know the answer ! ?

Hi Butterfly. To my knowledge, no Christian band has used bad language in their songs. Like secular heavy bands, there are good and bad Christian heavy bands. The ones I like are the same I listed earlier - P.O.D., Pillar, Fit For A King and For Today. Some other good ones that come to mind are Demon Hunter, Theocracy (which remind me a bit of old Iron Maiden) and War of Ages.

B

Butterfly

Hi Butterfly. To my knowledge, no Christian band has used bad language in their songs. Like secular heavy bands, there are good and bad Christian heavy bands. The ones I like are the same I listed earlier - P.O.D., Pillar, Fit For A King and For Today. Some other good ones that come to mind are Demon Hunter, Theocracy (which remind me a bit of old Iron Maiden) and War of Ages.
Thank you - I will let him know. I think he was curious because heavy metal is renowned for some of the lyrics, years ago it use to be known as ' the Devils ' music with all kinds of theories about secret messages ect. X
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Mike ~ Welcome to the forum.

God Bless,
Taken

MetalMike

May 21, 2019
Seattle Area
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mike, welcome!

I've enjoyed quite a bit of metal in my day, though I've slowwed w-a-a-a-y down these days.

Some of my faves were HB, Barren Cross, Saint, like that. I don't know what's new out there, now I'm into Hillsong and Urban Rescue and stuff like that. And choral hymns.

Much love!
Mark

Thanks, Mark! Besides metal, on the Christian music front, I really like Jeremy Camp, Third Day, Hillsong, Phil Wickham and Casting Crowns.

Reactions: marks

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello, my name is Mike and I just joined the board tonight.
Hello MetalMike and a hearty Welcome to CB. It's refreshing to know that a former Atheist was converted to become a Christian. We trust you will find this forum helpful.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Hello, my name is Mike and I just joined the board tonight. Up until 2005, I was an Atheist, but converted to Christianity in 2005. My top 3 loves in life are God, family and metal music (hence my name and avatar).

I couldn't find another thread where new people can introduce themselves, so I made my own thread to introduce myself if that's okay.
Another belief system created, another bug in your brain.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Sorry, I'm not a fan of metal hahaha, but I will agree that Metallica has some mad guitar and drumming skills, even though that kinda music certainly is not my cup of tea, welcome anyway to forums.

God Bless You