New years eve comet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael V Pardo said:
No one alive knows how God used the stars for signs (in the past) with the exception of their mention in scriptural books as signs (such as those verses in the book of the Revelation that specifically identify certain celestial activity as signs of the return of Christ.) But I've never declared the Bible to be anything other than the written word of God and this I have declared for the better part of 21 years now.
I do this because the Bible was among the first books that I ever read and continued to reread throughout my lifetime, but it wasn't until I was born again, at the age of 39, that the Lord opened the meaning of scripture to me through His Spirit. Since His Spirit verifies the validity of His word and the testimony of Jesus called the Christ, I have no need of any further validation through human means. To the contrary, I have studied the sciences (though none as deeply as biology) in at least the manner of a survey of all that is natural and found that the sciences fall short of providing proof of anything. I don't need practical models of existence that change with the times and with human perceptions and deceptions when I have the book given to man to introduce us to the beauty of God's Son in the person of Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ.
I agree also that the Bible is the Word of God. And we are not to get into any sort of 'astrology' which is condemned by God. I simply acknowledge God in making the stars as signs which He used once to declare the basic Gospel.

(Job.38:31-33) " Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons? Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the domiinion thereof in the earth? "

It is something God used once but now we have a greater revelation in the Bible and Jesus Christ. I compare it to Abraham and Melchizedek. Here Abraham had all the promises of God given him, and yet he finds a greater than he, Melchizedek, on his way to the promised land.

Stranger