New Zealand to ban smoking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was being sarcastic.

Alcohol is bad for your liver, alcoholism and fast food causes obesity and other health problems such as cholesterol and heart problems, so why not ban them too?

My point is you let the government take something from you, they'll keep taking, if people want to smoke it's their choice, they want to ruin their health it's their body.

Plus you won't eliminate it, tobacco will just be readily available on the black market you'll still be able to buy cigarettes, just like during the Prohibition era here in America, you were still able to get alcohol in speakeasies and made the mob strong, powerful and rich.

Ye I know... In just not comfortable with them selling and profiting from a known carcinogenic.
What else will they bring onto the market that's dangerous...

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye I know... In just not comfortable with them selling and profiting from a known carcinogenic.
What else will they bring onto the market that's dangerous...
They already have something dangerous on the market . My advice is dont touch it .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wait…fruit isn’t taxed in a grocery store…what was I thinking? Unless if it’s all cut up and packaged, no tax.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I understand this correctly, this isn’t about smoking indoors but banning people FOR life in smoking.
In US this will never work because we are a country of ‘Freedoms’. This is why we never take any real gun action despite weekly or monthly mass shootings.

Well the right to keep and bear arms is a constitutional protection. The "right" to smoke is not. given that tobacco is a known carcinogen and that we have decades of empirical medical proof of how harmful smoking is ( I smoked for many years), I think it is the duty of a government to ban a known harmful substance. there is no moderate beneficial use of tobacco.