New Zealand to ban smoking

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why not ban alcohol and fast food also?

And saws, screw drivers, knives, forks, hot beverages, bath tubs, stairs, roads, ladders, high heels, air planes, on and on....and schools....
danger and death traps!
Or they could just depopulate and doze all the body’s and dangerous death traps into the ocean along with the rest of the undesirable junk they have dumped.

Reactions: JohnPaul

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot about alcohol and fast food. Thank you…. @Naomanos would consider banning these also? I suspect….

im not very political so I may have this wrong, but wasn’t it something Michele Obama worked on, to try to get a higher tax put on fast food and potato chips?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just came back from the grocery store. I go about once a month. I can usually guesstimate how much it will be by how full my cart is. I’m very good at it actually but I flunked miserably today. I thought about 200-220. It was 312.
I read last night something about inflation numbers. I’m thinking I read about close to 7% higher?
It’s more like 33 percent.
It was such a huge jump (and for a careful shopper who doesn’t buy many luxury items like lobster) that the thought hit me - is this what they call runaway inflation? It seems it’s definitely the lower end of it.

I don’t panic. I just kind of get intrigued and think, oh, I think this or that is happening…

Wait until you notice going once a month doesn’t suffice, because all the things you were buying for less has price wise increased and the quantities in the same packages have decreased. :eek:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s interesting. I’ve read about runaway inflation and the crash of a currency but haven’t yet lived through it. I think I saw the beginning of it today though.
Or, I could be wrong and it will go back, but somehow I don’t think so…

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im not very political so I may have this wrong, but wasn’t it something Michele Obama worked on, to try to get a higher tax put on fast food and potato chips?

Eh Michael Obama was simply an arm piece for Barry. No one elected Michael for anything. Working on in DC amounts to jostling bribery tactics.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, this is interesting. I’m using my mother’s iPad and an alert just came up saying a location in…something like…Chen zhu China was trying to sign in on my Apple ID and asked if I wanted to allow it…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eh Michael Obama was simply an arm piece for Barry. No one elected Michael for anything. Working on in DC amounts to jostling bribery tactics.
Maybe. But whoever it was - Michele if I remember correctly - a large bag of chips went up by about a dollar and it’s never come back down.

GaryAnderson

Aug 10, 2021
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, this is interesting. I’m using my mother’s iPad and an alert just came up saying a location in…something like…Chen zhu China was trying to sign in on my Apple ID and asked if I wanted to allow it…

Come to the IT section if you’d like but it sounds like you might have 2 factor authentication enabled so you should be safe.
To confirm go to: Settings | The Name of the user | Password and Security | Two factor authentication | On or Off. make sure it’s on.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come to the IT section if you’d like but it sounds like you might have 2 factor authentication enabled so you should be safe.
To confirm go to: Settings | The Name of the user | Password and Security | Two factor authentication | On or Off. make sure it’s on.
Wow, thanks. It’s on already.

Reactions: GaryAnderson

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe. But whoever it was - Michele if I remember correctly - a large bag of chips went up by about a dollar and it’s never come back down.

Inflation / deflation is manipulated by the Govt. Barry was there and reacts to whispers in his ears. Agreeing with you. Think about what WAS a 10 cent bag of chips for eons, (that amounts to about a quarter of the size of one potato)...and now Being sold for 1.25.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oops, it just occurs to me I don’t know what thread I’m in again and I’ve most certainly derailed it. Sorry.

Reactions: Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just came back from the grocery store. I go about once a month. I can usually guesstimate how much it will be by how full my cart is. I’m very good at it actually but I flunked miserably today. I thought about 200-220. It was 312.
I read last night something about inflation numbers. I’m thinking I read about close to 7% higher?
It was such a huge jump (and for a careful shopper who doesn’t buy many luxury items like lobster) that the thought hit me - is this what they call runaway inflation? It seems it’s definitely the lower end of it.

I don’t panic. I just kind of get intrigued and think, oh, I think this or that is happening…
The LORD is our hope and our shield . He is with the lambs . We shall not fear what is or what is to come .
you be encouraged in the glorious Lord . Oh yes prices are going up . I have been a noticing it myself .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, neither of them have proven to be a carcinogenic in the first place
I was being sarcastic.

Alcohol is bad for your liver, alcoholism and fast food causes obesity and other health problems such as cholesterol and heart problems, so why not ban them too?

My point is you let the government take something from you, they'll keep taking, if people want to smoke it's their choice, they want to ruin their health it's their body.

Plus you won't eliminate it, tobacco will just be readily available on the black market you'll still be able to buy cigarettes, just like during the Prohibition era here in America, you were still able to get alcohol in speakeasies and made the mob strong, powerful and rich.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope, this is called Biden inflation.

Reactions: Marymog

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning stunnedbygrace,

I don't recall that specifically, but I know the idea has been floated in our government. I have a better solution! :rolleyes:

STOP taxing fruits and vegetables or any 100% fruit/vegetable juice!!! :p

Mary

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning stunnedbygrace,

I don't recall that specifically, but I know the idea has been floated in our government. I have a better solution! :rolleyes:

STOP taxing fruits and vegetables or any 100% fruit/vegetable juice!!! :p

Mary

out of curiosity, does Mary adore fruit juice? Lol.
Fruit juice is not the best thing for blood sugar levels…with pulp in it, it’s better. The pulp slows down the rush of sugar dump into your system and evens it out better, so your body doesn’t have to work to counteract the fast dump of sugar. I think it’s best to eat the piece of fruit.

I’m not sure putting a “sin tax” on items that are not so good for us works…but maybe your idea is better. The reverse.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
out of curiosity, does Mary adore fruit juice? Lol.
Fruit juice is not the best thing for blood sugar levels…with pulp in it, it’s better. The pulp slows down the rush of sugar dump into your system and evens it out better, so your body doesn’t have to work to counteract the fast dump of sugar. I think it’s best to eat the piece of fruit.

I’m not sure putting a “sin tax” on items that are not so good for us works…but maybe your idea is better. The reverse.
I don't drink much fruit juice but if it is 100% fruit then it's better than no fruit in a diet. Eating the fruit is best.

I don't agree with sin taxes. Just don't tax the things that are good for the body and I'm good with that.

Mary