Newsom/DeSantis Debate starts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020, I have no intention of ever voting for him again. The leftist/Communist-Democrat Party will never put forth a candidate I can support. I have been hoping to see Gov. Ron DeSantis rise to the top, but it seems that is not going to happen. In the past I've voted twice for a 3rd party candidate because of disgust with the two Party Candidates. I am keeping my eye on Senator Joe Manchin of WV, and as of now, I would vote for him in 2024. As a Bible-believer I of course could never vote for a woman for any office of leadership or rule. But I must admit, I know the west is under the severe judgment of God, and no man, no politician is the answer!

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having voted for Trump in 2016 and 2020, I have no intention of ever voting for him again. The leftist/Communist-Democrat Party will never put forth a candidate I can support. I have been hoping to see Gov. Ron DeSantis rise to the top, but it seems that is not going to happen. In the past I've voted twice for a 3rd party candidate because of disgust with the two Party Candidates. I am keeping my eye on Senator Joe Manchin of WV, and as of now, I would vote for him in 2024. As a Bible-believer I of course could never vote for a woman for any office of leadership or rule. But I must admit, I know the west is under the severe judgment of God, and no man, no politician is the answer!
For myself, I will only vote for Trump. He was wronged in 2020, and iut is time for it to be right.

I would never vote for a woman, even being one.

Nikki Haley became Christian but she attends services with her mother, to honor her Indian ways. That is no Christian and even Nikki says "

Nikki Haley says she’s Christian, but it’s complicated​

Although I had a glancing thought that it might been a hoot if we have a nikki, Vivek ticket and once they be in the Whitehouse they can fire all the swamp and move DC operations to some call centers in India.

Anyway. This is my last election. Whoever wins , we still will be in trouble.

By the way Arthur 81.

I know you wont read what I wrote or even understand it.

Nearing 77, and a woman... feel free to disregard me.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For myself, I will only vote for Trump. He was wronged in 2020, and iut is time for it to be right.

I would never vote for a woman, even being one.

Nikki Haley became Christian but she attends services with her mother, to honor her Indian ways. That is no Christian and even Nikki says "

Nikki Haley says she’s Christian, but it’s complicated​

Although I had a glancing thought that it might been a hoot if we have a nikki, Vivek ticket and once they be in the Whitehouse they can fire all the swamp and move DC operations to some call centers in India.

Anyway. This is my last election. Whoever wins , we still will be in trouble.

By the way Arthur 81.

I know you wont read what I wrote or even understand it.

Nearing 77, and a woman... feel free to disregard me.
Not to be argumentative with you Rella, but I wish to add some of my thoughts about 2024. I admit, when November 2024 comes, and it is a crazy Leftist against a Donald Trump, can I stop from pulling the level for Trump???

I at first was convinced that Trump was robbed and cheated out of his win in 2020, even though the late, great Rush Limbaugh began to say he did not think Trump won, that there were enough young people who are brain-washed into liberalism that they tilted the election to Biden. Over the months and years, I kept watching as individual lawyers and Mike Lindell kept claiming they had PROOF that Trump was cheated; yet they kept losing in the courts. I felt like at some point you can't keep blaming leftist judges. The system can't be that far gone??

In my house where the Bannon War Room was watched a lot, and their predictions of the Red Wave for 2022 ended up so far off; and then Bannon's reaction in anger the next day turned me off. We watched most all of Trump's rallies back then. I heard him in a rally before thousands use the vulgar, disgusting, street trash word "f...ng". I was shocked, and the so-called evangelical Christian crowd cheered instead of booing. That really turned me against Trump, and the type of Christians supporting him.

The last straw for me was his self-centered, narcissistic complaints about others not having "loyalty" to him as an individual, in particular against Ron DeSantis. It has become all about "Me, the Don, President Trump"...

Yet, I may end up in November 2024 in a real struggle over my vote. Will I end up holding my nose, shutting my eyes and pulling the lever for Trump? This may be the first election in my life that I don't cast a vote for President. My first election was in 1964 when I was a strong supporter of Senator Barry Goldwater. I heard him speak in person when I was 19 or 20 and read his book "Conscience of a Conservative", and switched from a Democratic family background to a libertarian/conservative Republican. Since 1964 I've voted 3rd Party twice. I supported Wallace and I also voted a Third Party on Ronald Reagan's 2nd run. I was totally offended that he violated our Constitutional ban against a religious establishment, by appointing an Ambassador to the Vatican. I could not forgive that.
LOL this reads like my political auto-biography. By the way, the small book "Conscience of a Conservative" can be read online:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to be argumentative with you Rella, but I wish to add some of my thoughts about 2024. I admit, when November 2024 comes, and it is a crazy Leftist against a Donald Trump, can I stop from pulling the level for Trump???

I at first was convinced that Trump was robbed and cheated out of his win in 2020, even though the late, great Rush Limbaugh began to say he did not think Trump won, that there were enough young people who are brain-washed into liberalism that they tilted the election to Biden. Over the months and years, I kept watching as individual lawyers and Mike Lindell kept claiming they had PROOF that Trump was cheated; yet they kept losing in the courts. I felt like at some point you can't keep blaming leftist judges. The system can't be that far gone??

In my house where the Bannon War Room was watched a lot, and their predictions of the Red Wave for 2022 ended up so far off; and then Bannon's reaction in anger the next day turned me off. We watched most all of Trump's rallies back then. I heard him in a rally before thousands use the vulgar, disgusting, street trash word "f...ng". I was shocked, and the so-called evangelical Christian crowd cheered instead of booing. That really turned me against Trump, and the type of Christians supporting him.

The last straw for me was his self-centered, narcissistic complaints about others not having "loyalty" to him as an individual, in particular against Ron DeSantis. It has become all about "Me, the Don, President Trump"...

Yet, I may end up in November 2024 in a real struggle over my vote. Will I end up holding my nose, shutting my eyes and pulling the lever for Trump? This may be the first election in my life that I don't cast a vote for President. My first election was in 1964 when I was a strong supporter of Senator Barry Goldwater. I heard him speak in person when I was 19 or 20 and read his book "Conscience of a Conservative", and switched from a Democratic family background to a libertarian/conservative Republican. Since 1964 I've voted 3rd Party twice. I supported Wallace and I also voted a Third Party on Ronald Reagan's 2nd run. I was totally offended that he violated our Constitutional ban against a religious establishment, by appointing an Ambassador to the Vatican. I could not forgive that.
LOL this reads like my political auto-biography. By the way, the small book "Conscience of a Conservative" can be read online:

Well, this is my personal 2020 experience.

After standing in line, for longer then I care to remember and it was time for
me to sign in along with my mom, I carefully explained my mom needed my help due to
vision problems and quite a verbal fight broke out between me and the the person we were signing in with when we were adamantly told that was against the law and they THEY had to assign a complete stranger to mark her ballot.

I assured them that I had been helpings her for many years without issue, and they said they had no assurance I would not just vote my own way. It was then I told them we discuss politics at the dinner table for every meal and my mom agreed we were on the same thoughts.... (AT that point everyone in line who heard broke out laughing)

No good. I ws sent to a voting booth about 10 feet away from hers... and I heard her tell the person that was helping her that she votes straight republican. Always.

Funny that I usually dont and as I was marking my ballot, then cheeked it, then went to hand it into the person whop fed it to the machine.... she still was not done.

So neither of us knew how her ballot was marked.

Then my friend and neighbor had called to check if her mothers mail in ballot got there and was counted cause they have no computer and unable to get the email confirmations from the election office. She was assured her mom had voted. It was marked so.

Trouble is her mother had died a good 10 years or more prior to that election.

I wont list all the irregularities in this Commonwealth in 2020 or those military ballots some
USPS driver dumped along the road side that stopped them from being counted....

It was fixed and by a variety of ways in this state.

You can rarely catch a con, and 2020 was the most masterful con in our lifetime.

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, this is my personal 2020 experience.

After standing in line, for longer then I care to remember and it was time for
me to sign in along with my mom, I carefully explained my mom needed my help due to
vision problems and quite a verbal fight broke out between me and the the person we were signing in with when we were adamantly told that was against the law and they THEY had to assign a complete stranger to mark her ballot.

I assured them that I had been helpings her for many years without issue, and they said they had no assurance I would not just vote my own way. It was then I told them we discuss politics at the dinner table for every meal and my mom agreed we were on the same thoughts.... (AT that point everyone in line who heard broke out laughing)

No good. I ws sent to a voting booth about 10 feet away from hers... and I heard her tell the person that was helping her that she votes straight republican. Always.

Funny that I usually dont and as I was marking my ballot, then cheeked it, then went to hand it into the person whop fed it to the machine.... she still was not done.

So neither of us knew how her ballot was marked.

Then my friend and neighbor had called to check if her mothers mail in ballot got there and was counted cause they have no computer and unable to get the email confirmations from the election office. She was assured her mom had voted. It was marked so.

Trouble is her mother had died a good 10 years or more prior to that election.

I wont list all the irregularities in this Commonwealth in 2020 or those military ballots some
USPS driver dumped along the road side that stopped them from being counted....

It was fixed and by a variety of ways in this state.

You can rarely catch a con, and 2020 was the most masterful con in our lifetime.
I noticed you write "Commonwealth" so maybe Pennsylvania, a larger metro area? I spent my life voting in the Commonwealth of Virginia but never experienced any problem, but I lived in a rural area of small towns. My experience there was never negative with my voting. So far here in Florida, I've not had any problem.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed you write "Commonwealth" so maybe Pennsylvania, a larger metro area? I spent my life voting in the Commonwealth of Virginia but never experienced any problem, but I lived in a rural area of small towns. My experience there was never negative with my voting. So far here in Florida, I've not had any problem.
They call PA purple, but as long as I remember it is blue.

Philadelphia voters can pretty much override the rest of the state... and there you can find black panthers standing outside the election places... to ensure it stays blue. Especially when Obama was running.

Add in Dem Pittsburgh and some of Allegheny county... it is difficult.

But I remember in 2020 going to bed with Trump in the lead handsomely in PA and in the morning it had all gone away... and continued to disappear.

Insane.... and no way.

"
"As of about 7 a.m. Wednesday, the president is ahead in Michigan by 1.3 points with 83% of the votes tallied. In Pennsylvania, where Biden was raised, Trump’s lead is even bigger: more than 11 points after 75% of the vote has been counted.

But after a night during which Trump overcame early vote deficits to win solid victories in battleground states like Florida and North Carolina, it would be reasonable to look at Pennsylvania and Michigan and see two more imminent Trump victories. And lots of people did."

So what was actually going on? The answer has been dubbed the “red mirage.”

Starting early this year, the coronavirus pandemic prompted millions of voters across the country to request mail-in ballots in order to avoid exposure to the virus at the polls. And while the party breakdown for mail-in ballots started off fairly even, it split off after Trump launched a monthslong crusade to discredit mail-in voting.

By late summer, many of the president’s supporters had become convinced that Trump was right, and mail-in ballots were rife with “fraud.” As Republicans pulled away from mail-in voting, Democrats embraced it. Left-leaning states were also quicker in some cases to offer mail-in voting to anyone worried about the coronavirus.

The result of the partisan divide over mail-in ballots was that the vast majority of mail-in and absentee ballots cast this year came from Democrats, and most of those were votes for Biden.

And another one

PHILADELPHIA — With President Donald Trump leading Joe Biden by 196,000 votes and 12 percent of the estimated vote still uncounted, Pennsylvania Democrats and Republicans spent Wednesday working out the rough math surrounding the as-yet-uncounted mail-in ballots.
There were more than 1 million mail ballots left to be counted as of 2:35 p.m., according to Pennsylvania’s Department of State. So far, 78 percent of mail ballots have broken for Biden and 21 percent have been won by Trump.
If that pace continues — and it’s a big if — Biden would take the lead. Looking at the amount of mail ballots Biden is winning as well as the places still to be fully counted, some Democratic elected officials and consultants, including Sen. Bob Casey, estimate Biden will carry Pennsylvania by about 100,000 votes in a tight race.

“Biden has been winning the absentee votes by a fairly steady margin, so the math is pretty simple,” said J.J. Balaban, a Pennsylvania-based Democratic strategist. “There’s no reason to think that there is going to be a big change in the uncounted mail-in ballots from the ones that have been counted.”

You know... no matter what... mail in, and due to health that now is what mom and I have to do.... they email and say it was received to be counted... but who knows what ballot they put in the machines for counting.

I am done... one last vote...