NO conflict science and the Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Google is - is an online library where you can look up anything. Before the internet, I used to go to the library to research anything I needed, but when I discovered Google, it made finding information much easier.

I just concluded that your fingers on the keyboard are just as good as mine, and if you really wanted the answer you would make the effort to look it up yourself, like I do.

But maybe not...
Compare if possible, such a search as you are used to, with a search on duckduckgo and/or dogpile, or one of the other search engines.
Search for any natural remedy proven a thousand years ago, or 30 years ago: .>>>
comes more readily on the other engines, and obviously censored on the most common search engine as you have gotten used to.

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, a Christian does not have to believe in every word of the Bible to be saved! I have doubts about the 6 days of creation. There are several places where the Bible contradicts itself (i.e., the 2 crucified with Jesus - did both go to "paradise", or just one?). Nevertheless, true science will always confirm God's word. Much of science is theoretical. Even quantum mechanics, which has never been contradicted by any scientific research, is not factual, but merely a theory. Scientists must 'suspend doubt' when they conduct an experiment, assuming that a hypothesis is true so as to test if it is true or false.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Google is - is an online library where you can look up anything. Before the internet, I used to go to the library to research anything I needed, but when I discovered Google, it made finding information much easier.

I just concluded that your fingers on the keyboard are just as good as mine, and if you really wanted the answer you would make the effort to look it up yourself, like I do.

But maybe not...
Well God did create all physical things, perhaps asking God is not that difficult?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well God did create all physical things, perhaps asking God is not that difficult?
All we have to do is to read the history that He has already provided us with. If we don't believe that, there is no point asking Him any further, because He will just answer: "Why are you not believing what I have already said?"

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
First, a Christian does not have to believe in every word of the Bible to be saved! I have doubts about the 6 days of creation. There are several places where the Bible contradicts itself (i.e., the 2 crucified with Jesus - did both go to "paradise", or just one?). Nevertheless, true science will always confirm God's word. Much of science is theoretical. Even quantum mechanics, which has never been contradicted by any scientific research, is not factual, but merely a theory. Scientists must 'suspend doubt' when they conduct an experiment, assuming that a hypothesis is true so as to test if it is true or false.
I agree with your post, but just one small point. A careful reading of the account will show that only one of the criminals went to Paradise with Jesus because he said, "Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom". The other criminal did not have that response, but continued to revile Him, so he went elsewhere.

Reactions: Joseph77

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people are full of unbelief, what happens ?

Disobedience and this too , >>
copied from profile page>>
"MattMooradian

New Member, Male, 60, from MUNSTER, Indiana

I have six wives in the eyes of God, only one of whom I married according to human laws. I currently am not married according to human law. Thursday at 10:49 AM

MattMooradian was last seen:
Today at 1:55 PM"

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph77, you repeatedly post my confession of sins. If you are obsessed with my sex life during my young adulthood, you are more than welcome to ask me more. However, obsession with sex is strongly frowned upon in the Bible. Perhaps, you think you are without sin? Then, very well, cast the first stone. Every time your eyes fall on a woman's breasts, you are lusting after her; when you admire a woman's legs, or some other portion of her body - lust. In heaven, it will be better to have mutilated yourself. "Judge not, that you be not judged".

MattMooradian

Apr 3, 2020
MUNSTER, Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it your task to determine if I am repentant? Perhaps you will sit at the right hand of God, and pass judgement upon others. If I cry and gnash my teeth for men to see, then will I be forgiven? If I display my remorse in public, will my reward in heaven be even greater? "Get ye behind me, Satan." You are trying to tempt me to veer from God's will.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the NT. Yes, the Ekklesia are told to watch out for one another daily, so no one will be deceived by sin (like you were (and still are from a few posts back) ) and fall short.

You posted an open sin in your life, as if you were living in sin, not as if you ever changed.

Is it your task to determine if I am repentant? Perhaps you will sit at the right hand of God, and pass judgement upon others. If I cry and gnash my teeth for men to see, then will I be forgiven? If I display my remorse in public, will my reward in heaven be even greater? "Get ye behind me, Satan." You are trying to tempt me to veer from God's will.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joseph77, you repeatedly post my confession of sins. If you are obsessed with my sex life during my young adulthood, you are more than welcome to ask me more. However, obsession with sex is strongly frowned upon in the Bible. Perhaps, you think you are without sin? Then, very well, cast the first stone. Every time your eyes fall on a woman's breasts, you are lusting after her; when you admire a woman's legs, or some other portion of her body - lust. In heaven, it will be better to have mutilated yourself. "Judge not, that you be not judged".
Dude he just copied your profile. If you did not want it broadcasted, you should not have put it in your profile.

Stop protesting, and move on.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=rVEJNRDsIL0

What can we deduce logically with regards to how life in general, and man in particular have gotten here? Remember that man has free will and that entails certain ramifications necessary to prevent undue influence of that free will. If the six days of restoration were literal, then evidence of man would suddenly appear in the fossil record starting in 4004 B.C. Any supernatural creation per se would leave unmistakable evidence of its occurrence, thus interfering with free will. We should expect that God used a "natural," progressive means of forming man. If the Bible is the Word of God, then science cannot help but substantiate its validity- there should be no actual conflict between the two. Such a means implies a process, unlike that of Genesis 1:1. Is this process, illustrated in the account of the six days, an evolutionary one? Perhaps the tale of the Garden of Eden is not mythological in origin; perhaps it is an allegorical rendition of an actual occurrence, a natural, evolutionary phenomenon.145 The biblical authors had of course no formalized notion of evolution. Unmistakably, however, their description is, in its way, an essentially evolutionary development. 146 And Jehovah God formed man of the dust (Hebrew: clay) of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath (spirit) of life; and man became a living soul. (Gen. 2:7)
Here's a thought. Perhaps God created the heavens and earth and everything in them in six days of the same kind as we mean when we say today and tomorrow and the day after that.

No evolution, no actual evidence of evolution, only a fossil record that only makes sense if it was laid down in the global flood.

Misinterpreting that evidence has lead many to believe the error of evolution. Things are eaten and/or rot before they become fossils unless they are suddenly buried.

There are billions of intact fossils in same rock layers round the world, showing creatures having been suddenly buried while alive. The overwhelmingly vast majority of fossils are that way. Suddenly buried all at once. Settled and sifted into layers just like everything does in fluid and turbulent environments. I mean, partial eated food in their mouths.

Fossils showing creatures in the midst of trauma.

And trees upright through "millions of years" of rock layers. What tree, after it dies, remains standing and intact for millions of years while rock layers slowly form to eventually bury it?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any supernatural creation per se would leave unmistakable evidence of its occurrence, thus interfering with free will.
There IS unmistakable evidence . . . the creation itself.

And as for "interfering with free will", God created man to have fellowship with God. God says that He wants us to find Him. So He left us an amazing clue to His existence, and what He's like.

Much love!

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No evolution, no actual evidence of evolution, only a fossil record that only makes sense if it was laid down in the global flood.!
Not true. The fossil record makes sense if the past was different from today and most animals and man returned to dust too fast to leave fossil remains.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can see through the Hubble telescope how a star turns into a supernova, so that is true science because it can be observed. But a star being born has never been seen through a telescope, and the only image of one is just a mere computer simulation and nothing more, so it cannot be a science, but a guess.

You Must See This Stunning Picture of New Stars Forming in Our Own Galaxy

SIGNE DEAN

26 SEPTEMBER 2017

It's a panoramic, mind-blowing view of a molecular cloud complex littered with stardust, wisps of matter and general turmoil - a glimpse of a Milky Way region where new stars are being born.

Yehren

Sep 12, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are many scientific databases one can use to get information that is not easily available in Google searches. Google scholar is free and much better for technical searches. PubMed can get you lots of papers with the actual research. You have to know what you're looking for, though, if you used those.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reactions: Paul Christensen

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

SIGNE DEAN

26 SEPTEMBER 2017

It's a panoramic, mind-blowing view of a molecular cloud complex littered with stardust, wisps of matter and general turmoil - a glimpse of a Milky Way region where new stars are being born.
All I see in the picture are clouds of coloured cosmic dust. I don't see any progressive pictures of actual stars forming. No surprises there.