NO Dual Gospel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that Galatians 5:1-4 is clear: those who are circumcised are required to keep the whole law.

This appears to me to be a different way of salvation than what Paul preaches is for the Gentiles in Galatians 2:16; if those who are circumcised can even be saved.

(I am playing devil's advocate here to a certain extent; I am attempting to get you to think about what the scriptures really teach on these matters. Do I have an answer? I don't know that I do. But I know that there is one.)

Paul isn't saying that. He is pointing to those who seek to be justified by keeping the law and circumcision. He's really pointing to those who still seek to adhere to the old covenant. It does not mean that if one is circumcised, that they automatically forfeit being saved under Christ Jesus, which is pretty much what you're saying. All knees must bow to Christ Jesus and believe on Him to be saved. Paul taught that, so there is no salvation by keeping the law. All must go through Christ Jesus.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul isn't saying that. He is pointing to those who seek to be justified by keeping the law and circumcision. He's really pointing to those who still seek to adhere to the old covenant. It does not mean that if one is circumcised, that they automatically forfeit being saved under Christ Jesus, which is pretty much what you're saying. All knees must bow to Christ Jesus and believe on Him to be saved. Paul taught that, so there is no salvation by keeping the law. All must go through Christ Jesus.

Hi Davy,
I see it the same way you do.
Titus 1:10, NLT: "For there are many rebellious people who engage in useless talk and deceive others. This is especially true of those who insist on circumcision for salvation."
Paul said that those of the circumcision, were teaching Gentile Christians that they must be circumcised and obey Moses Law to be obedient followers of Christ. That is a lie and Paul called them out on it. All we have to do is read Titus 1 to get the big pic...IMHO :)

Reactions: Davy

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you by any chance miss the words Foreseeing-Beforehand-would justify? all these words indicate it would occur in the future.

Galatians 3:6-8
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.

8 And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, "In you all the nations shall be blessed." NKJV

Note the words “foreseeing“, “would justify“, “beforehand“. They clearly indicate that faith was not instituted at that time. It was to be a future event in the mysteries given to Paul..

You cannot do that with the Scripture.

Paul is specifically classifying those of Faith as the "children of Abraham", pointing back to Abraham's Faith.

But what you... are saying, is as if Abraham's Faith was something totally different than The Gospel. Paul even defines what the Promise was that Abraham believed which God counted to him as righteousness. Paul called it the "blessing of Abraham", and even said it would go to the Gentiles.

Gal 3:13-14
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
KJV

I mean, Apostle Paul even begins... the subject in Gal.3 with that idea of those in Christ having received The Spirit by their Faith on Jesus Christ! Paul linked that Faith to Abraham, and you want to deny that just to serve some false dual gospel doctrine of men??? Shame on you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not mean that if one is circumcised, that they automatically forfeit being saved under Christ Jesus, which is pretty much what you're saying.
No, I was not saying that per se.

I was pointing out that that could be a misintepretation that might develop if we're not careful.

But, concerning the whole of your post (#21 (NO Dual Gospel)), good answer.