No more church gatherings by order of the government.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sometimes I just find a thread that's quiet. A couple around here just post music. It puts you in a gentler mood.
I'm almost living like you. In the woods, no neighbors, no company, family is cities away.
No cell phone, I have to have a landline to call my dad everynight or he gets umm grumpy.
I got an old dodge that limps down the road but it's paid for. no credit cards, live off SS and Snap.
But hey, I don't need much, I don't ask for much. Just some peace and quiet.
I got hooked into watching peaceful protest riots for 120 plus days non stop live feeds. Got really depressed.
God sent me here and I been feeling peaceful ever since.
What do you like to talk about?
We can start a thread somewhere and just take life easy..
Don't leave..
Hugs
Great verse, right? :)
25017c2f62b248049fb310a9bf5745f0.jpg
pinterest

Last edited:

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's true that government, be it American or Canadian, doesn't have to officially strip us of our rights for our rights to be overcome. All government and its allies have to do in any given agenda is scare the population they control. And then offer a solution to that fear. And when it entails abrogating certain rights and freedoms the affected may readily concede because they're afraid of what happens to them if they do not.

This is the Hermann Goering "war" principle reworked. It was reworked in America after 9-11 and it is being reintroduced now with the Covid-19 pandemic agenda.

“Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.” Hermann Goering ~ Hitler's Reichsmarschall

Just replace war , with all or a portion of, Covid-19 lock down. And, peace makers, with lock down non-conformists. See how it compares to contemporary reality in America during this pandemic.

“Why of course the people don't want Covid-19 lock down. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a Covid-19 lock down when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want a lock down: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictatorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the lock down non-conformists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They always use the same playbook. They have no originality.
Just change the names and places.. like the show Dragnet? and there ya go.
We lost a lot of freedoms in the Patriot Act. TSA, surveillence, 4th amendment .. this just a little more, 1st amendment.
We lose the 1st, we lose them all.

Just like the 10 commandments.
What good is keeping 9 if the first is taken out?
And they are trying SO HARD to take out God.
Not going to happen..
I won't keep my mouth shut..
PRAISE GOD!!!
Unless He tells me to..

Hugs

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Skip the advertising and watch, this happened in Manitoba, Canada

Shocking, but it's to be EXPECTED if we're in the TRIBULATION!!!!

Dan. 9:27 ... and upon the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”

How much more do people need, -- a Krystallnacht? A yellow Cross sewn on our outer garments? A FREE SHOWER?!?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's a good thing that we belong to the intangible congregation.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dearest C&Z,

I hope you'll forebear someone whose circumstances might not be flexible enough to cope with social and political upheaval. Perhaps each and every day is a struggle in and of itself, and to add more only makes things worse for them.

With VERY Best Regards,
Bobby Jo :)
Yes of course. Please forgive my anger, not directed toward Canadians, but her leaders who have sold their souls and their birthright for such transient causes. I fully understand those who wish to suffer such evils while suffering is tolerable. I fear, however, what might become of such tolerance. The following excerpt from the US Declaration of Independence might be instructive.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and Ziggy

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dearest C&Z,

I hope you'll forebear someone whose circumstances might not be flexible enough to cope with social and political upheaval. Perhaps each and every day is a struggle in and of itself, and to add more only makes things worse for them.

With VERY Best Regards,
Bobby Jo :)
One more thing, which is very important. When I speak to this forum, I speak as a fellow-heir, fellow-citizen, fellow-member of the body of Christ, and fellow-partaker of the the promise in Jesus Christ. As such, I am no different than any of you. I am no more or no less worthy of God's love; I am no more or no less needful of his grace; I am a sinner in need of his mercy, and suffering under his discipline just as you all are.

So then, when I ask questions like "Whom do you serve?" I am asking myself the same question. When I ask, "what do you really want"? I am asking myself the same question. When I ask "whom do you fear?" I am asking myself and others that question because our Lord asks us the same question. These questions aren't meant to convict anyone or accuse anyone. They happen to be the fundamental questions that ALL believers, including myself need to answer.

So then, when someone says they stay home from church out of respect for the Government, it is a fair question to ask "whom do you fear MORE God or man?" And when I ask that question, I am asking myself the same question. Our church doesn't meet in person anymore either.

Saints, the world is caught in the grip of a boa constrictor who wishes to crush the life out of us and devour our carcass. Unlike the lion that strikes with sudden swiftness; the snake slowly chokes out the life over a long period with ever increasing pressure. Everyday the world grows darker, dimmer, less interesting, less engaging, less joy, less wonder, less happiness, less love, less warmth, less charity, less forgiveness, less humor.

But we are called to be a city set on a hill. Churches should not only be open, the community should hear loud, loud, LOUD singing of the congregation, concerning the glory and hope and promise of the coming of Jesus Christ. The community should hear the praises of God rise to the heavens; they should hear the prayers of the saints rising like a good smelling aroma. Our mission as Christians and churches is to comfort the sick and the weary, encourage one another in the faith, and remind one another of what is true. Can we do this in a zoom meeting? Maybe. But Jesus walked the streets touching those people that others refused to touch.

And the encouragement I offer others, I take for myself. I am saying all this to myself as much as I am saying this to everyone here.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE: CadyandZoe

... The following excerpt from the US Declaration of Independence might be instructive.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government.

Dear C&Z,
I couldn't agree more that that period of history, but we now face a different circumstance. I would propose that we must Resist Tyranny and Exercise our Liberties as best possible, but we CANNOT overthrow our governments by violence as though we were back in the late 1700's. Rev. 13:10 makes it clear that THEY WILL PREVAIL and WE MUST ENDURE.

And where I find in Scripture that we entered the 42 month (not the falsely assigned "seven year") Tribulation in 2018, we should indeed anticipate that these final ~11 months will see day by day increasing terrors to ourselves, our communities, and our nation. So it seems the best "remedy" is to prepare our households for when we can't buy or sell by:

#1. Getting out of cities. (Rev. 18:4)
#2. Stocking food, fuel, and necessities, including those items required to protect your family. (Lke 22:36)​

... and if a person were wise, they might pre-pay some two months toward their utilities, so that the government might not cut them off on that "day 1".

I hope and expect to see you both on the "other side"! :)
Bobby Jo

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE: CadyandZoe

... The following excerpt from the US Declaration of Independence might be instructive.

Dear C&Z,
I couldn't agree more that that period of history, but we now face a different circumstance. I would propose that we must Resist Tyranny and Exercise our Liberties as best possible, but we CANNOT overthrow our governments by violence as though we were back in the late 1700's. Rev. 13:10 makes it clear that THEY WILL PREVAIL and WE MUST ENDURE.

And where I find in Scripture that we entered the 42 month (not the falsely assigned "seven year") Tribulation in 2018, we should indeed anticipate that these final ~11 months will see day by day increasing terrors to ourselves, our communities, and our nation. So it seems the best "remedy" is to prepare our households for when we can't buy or sell by:

#1. Getting out of cities. (Rev. 18:4)
#2. Stocking food, fuel, and necessities, including those items required to protect your family. (Lke 22:36)​

... and if a person were wise, they might pre-pay some two months toward their utilities, so that the government might not cut them off on that "day 1".

I hope and expect to see you both on the "other side"! :)
Bobby Jo
I'm not advocating for violence. But without any kind of response, things get worse. Right?
I suspect that Christians living in the 18th century asked the question. I can see it both ways: fight for freedom or remain passive.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not advocating for violence. But without any kind of response, things get worse. Right?
I suspect that Christians living in the 18th century asked the question. I can see it both ways: fight for freedom or remain passive.
We're in the same mindset, but are you working the "third path", -- prepping? (And that term has so many negative connotations I hate use it, but it is a valid premise in a Christian context.)

And even the "second path" is still worth pursuing, -- Prophetic Scripture. But it seems that many are indoctrinated from the pulpits to believe that NO MAN KNOWS the: Hour; Day; Week; Month; Season; Year (1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); or the Millennia (1,000). AND THAT'S NOT WHAT SCRIPTURE SAYS.

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

And so while we watch the World dissolve into a morass, we need to understand GOD's plan, and provision accordingly! :)
Bobby Jo

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're in the same mindset, but are you working the "third path", -- prepping? (And that term has so many negative connotations I hate use it, but it is a valid premise in a Christian context.)

And even the "second path" is still worth pursuing, -- Prophetic Scripture. But it seems that many are indoctrinated from the pulpits to believe that NO MAN KNOWS the: Hour; Day; Week; Month; Season; Year (1); Decade (10); Score (20); Century (100); Daytona (500); or the Millennia (1,000). AND THAT'S NOT WHAT SCRIPTURE SAYS.

1 Thess. 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

And so while we watch the World dissolve into a morass, we need to understand GOD's plan, and provision accordingly! :)
Bobby Jo
Bobby,
This is a complicated answer. First off all, sometime before 2006 after I studied Matthew 19:16-22, I prayed to the Father to show me what it would be like to totally rely on him, trusting him for everything. Back in 2008, during the debt crisis, I lost my business (including three other employees) I lost my house, all my savings and one of my cars. (I sold my car and kept my wife's car.) Eventually, my wife, my son and I, moved into my other son's one bedroom apartment. He was working at the time. Eventually, after I got work, we moved into a two bedroom apartment.

I was learning how to live under the Lord's provision. I began to get work as a home designer. And each month I was able to make just enough money to pay the bills. Just as the money ran out, I got another commission. God's provision comes in right on time, every single time. I'm not getting rich, but he is taking care of my family and I. We have a roof over our head, we have enough to eat each month, we have gas for the car and we are not in debt. Praise the Lord for answered prayer and his provision.

My family and I are prepping in a very limited way. I would say we could survive for about a week. So I would have to admit that no, we are not working the third path. Due to circumstances beyond my control, we are four adults living in a two bedroom apartment. Currently, I am the only one employed. My bedroom closet is filled with extra toilet paper, sanitary wipes, and plastic eating utensils. We have 4 - 10 gallons of drinking water in reserve. Believe me when I say that I am not against prepping. If the Lord provided us a house, we would stock the pantry with canned goods etc.

Since my prayer, my faith is placed squarely on God's provision and he has never failed us. This is not wishful thinking. This is me, the one whom God took into bankruptcy, without income, or business or savings until all I had was what I needed for the moment. This is me putting my faith into practice, not knowing from one day to the next what will come. I have not rejected the gently flowing waters of Shiloah. Isaiah 8:6

One more thing, I have learned that FEMA has grown very powerful and if needs be great, FEMA will go house to house, looking for prepper supplies to confiscate and distribute among the rest of the community.

Reactions: Triumph1300

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo
Also, you might enjoy my video, which features one of my Bible teachers and a friend who at the moment is fighting cancer.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, you might enjoy my video, which features one of my Bible teachers and a friend who at the moment is fighting cancer.

I could bare but to listen but for a few minutes, does this man truly not know that the way the thief operates is He enters and binds the strong man and then He spoils all his house?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

This thread has had many responses which I have not read, but some I have. However, surely what matters is that the Church which is the Body of Christ, which has no building, but which is joined to Christ the Head, and is linked by joints and bands in the spirit, is not influenced by the restrictions placed upon it's individual members because of the danger of contamination by the corona virus.

The closure of a building is no barr to fellowship, or to witnessing to the gospel of Christ. This is a temporary measure to ensure the safety of the population, especially those who are most vulnerable. To rebel against it would be to act against your neighbour, which goes against the word to love our neighbours as ourselves.

Trust God and and obey your governments advice, for it is being made with good intentions. The numbers dying in the USA is phenomenal, so please do not add to it by the failure to follow advice. Wear your masks, keep your distance, avoid gathering together for the time being, until the danger is passed, and thereby show love to your neighbour.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Triumph1300

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Church buildings may be closing in Canada, but the Church is not closed, while you cannot meet in the Physical structure, the Spiritual Structure remains in place and continues to get built up.

1 Peter 2:4-2:5

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.

Jesus is the Living Stone, He is our Chief Cornerstone, but like Jesus we are also living stones.

Ephesians 2:19-22
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

As long as the Body of Christ is here on earth, the Church is open.

Now the gatherings, many say they cannot gather physically, but they can still gather in Spirit, we are temples of the Holy Spirit, physical distancing does not separate us spiritually, if the Holy Spirit lives in you, and He lives in me, we are still joined to the Chief Cornerstone, we are still together by Spirit, we are still the Church, the Body of Christ.

Going back to "physical gatherings" if this is bothering you, you are not completely banned....... In these times you can still volunteer, you can still feed the poor on compassionate grounds to leave home, you can do volunteer work to help fight the Pandemic, you can help set up makeshift hospitals with Samaritans Purse or whoever else are doing it. In Australia I know we had the army helping out with covid-testing, you could join the army to help out in these times, or go apply for a job at a nursing home, or train to become a nurse at a hospital, or you could go volunteer for fire fighting or even volunteer for some other emergency service like helping out with storm and flood damage and there are other things you could do........

With that being said physically gathering is not completely banned, and this could definitely be used as a good opportunity to reach people outside the 4 walls of a church building.... For those that are really missing the "physical gatherings."