No place to rest

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I look with a broad sweep over the last few years I see people going this way and that way, like they’re looking for where to rest or what to lean on and finding nothing but wind. First this is good and right, this person is good and right, that thought is good and right. Then it’s, no, that’s not right , this person isn’t what we thought and hoped, they’re out of favor, cancelled. Now THIS is good and right. Now, THIS person will bring us better days.
It’s painful to watch. People keep putting their hope on different humans like…okay, now YOU lead us out of this mess.
Maybe it’s just always been this way and I didn’t really see it…it reminds me of that flock of murmurating birds caught on video recently. All in unison, they crashed into the ground, a whole huge swarm.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I look with a broad sweep over the last few years I see people going this way and that way, like they’re looking for where to rest or what to lean on and finding nothing but wind. First this is good and right, this person is good and right, that thought is good and right. Then it’s, no, that’s not right , this person isn’t what we thought and hoped, they’re out of favor, cancelled. Now THIS is good and right. Now, THIS person will bring us better days.
It’s painful to watch. People keep putting their hope on different humans like…okay, now YOU lead us out of this mess.
Maybe it’s just always been this way and I didn’t really see it…it reminds me of that flock of murmurating birds caught on video recently. All in unison, they crashed into the ground, a whole huge swarm.
SG: As you know, this is the way of the world and has been and always will be constant hopeless. Faith in people and things to cause and create lasting peace or harmony has always disappointed. Like gambling, hoping the right number will hit. And if and when it does, it never truly fulfills or truly satisfies...the firm hope of true peace and prosperity lies within the Kingdom that we are already members. This is the ticket..

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it just seems so…rapid now. The changing an hopping from thing to thing and person to person. Was it always this rapid?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we just getting more desperate?

Maybe. It starts to look a bit like this (especially verse 6):
See now, the Lord,
the Lord Almighty,
is about to take from Jerusalem and Judah
both supply and support:
all supplies of food and all supplies of water,
2 the hero and the warrior,
the judge and the prophet,
the diviner and the elder,
3 the captain of fifty and the man of rank,
the counselor, skilled craftsmanand clever enchanter.

4 “I will make mere youths their officials;
children will rule over them.”

5 People will oppress each other—
man against man, neighbor against neighbor.
The young will rise up against the old,
the nobody against the honored.

6 A man will seize one of his brothers
in his father’s house, and say,
“You have a cloak, you be our leader;
take charge of this heap of ruins!”
7 But in that day he will cry out,
“I have no remedy.
I have no food or clothing in my house;
do not make me the leader of the people

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Desperate? Or just more and more insecure because this "trust" thing is getting more and more difficult?

It will always get more and more difficult if you try to put any trust in men or a political party made of men or an ideology (hmm…that word sounds a lot like idol…idology…

Like fleeing a lion only to then meet a bear or resting your hand on a wall only to be bit by a viper…it all begins to bear a resemblance to Amos 5:
10 There are those who hate the one who upholds justice in court
and detest the one who tells the truth.

11 You levy a straw tax on the poor
and impose a tax on their grain.
Therefore, though you have built stone mansions,
you will not live in them;
though you have planted lush vineyards,
you will not drink their wine.
12 For I know how many are your offenses
and how great your sins.

There are those who oppress the innocent and take bribes
and deprive the poor of justice in the courts.
13 Therefore the prudent keep quiet in such times,
for the times are evil.

14 Seek good, not evil,
that you may live.
Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you,
just as you say he is.
15 Hate evil, love good;
maintain justice in the courts.
Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy
on the remnant of Joseph.

16 Therefore this is what the Lord, the LordGod Almighty, says:

“There will be wailing in all the streets
and cries of anguish in every public square.
The farmers will be summoned to weep
and the mourners to wail.
17 There will be wailing in all the vineyards,
for I will pass through your midst,”
says the Lord.

The Day of the Lord
18 Woe to you who long
for the day of the Lord!
Why do you long for the day of the Lord?
That day will be darkness, not light.
19 It will be as though a man fled from a lion
only to meet a bear,
as though he entered his house
and rested his hand on the wall
only to have a snake bite him.
20 Will not the day of the Lord be darkness, not light—
pitch-dark, without a ray of brightness?

21 “I hate, I despise your religious festivals;
your assemblies are a stench to me.
22 Even though you bring me burnt offerings and grain offerings,
I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
I will have no regard for them.
23 Away with the noise of your songs!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.
24 But let justice roll on like a river,
righteousness like a never-failing stream!

25 “Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
26 You have lifted up the shrine of your king,
the pedestal of your idols,
the star of your god—
which you made for yourselves.
27 Therefore I will send you into exilebeyond Damascus,”
says the Lord, whose name is God Almighty.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it just seems so…rapid now. The changing an hopping from thing to thing and person to person. Was it always this rapid?
As the world is being 'pushed' to become more interdependent a.k.a. globalism, especially since the last 30 years, and with the spiraling out of control newer technologies that affect society, the more rapid it seems are these insane changes and false hopes. It will reach a peak. I wonder if anyone has already calculated when this will all occur?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I look around I see the time getting close to the Lords return in final judgement

Homosexuality in same sex marriage

Millions killed in a word called choice, abortion

Gender equity, I'm really a girl today, even though I was born a male

Transgenderism, I will pretend like I'm a girl, and compete in women's sports

Defund the police, critical race theory, black lives matter, not all lives matter

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As the world is being 'pushed' to become more interdependent a.k.a. globalism, especially since the last 30 years, and with the spiraling out of control newer technologies that affect society, the more rapid it seems are these insane changes and false hopes. It will reach a peak. I wonder if anyone has already calculated when this will all occur?

I think politicians will become more rare and will begin exiting politics in droves. People will be asking men to lead them and they will say, no, don’t put me in charge of this heap of ruins, I can’t help you.

Reactions: Nancy and APAK

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when you read that one verse I posted it’s chilling. I will take away your supply (supply chain) and support(infrastructure).

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes think I just see it more clearly now and so it only seems worse than it’s always been. Then I consider a plague hitting ALL the earth at once, which has never happened before, not ALL the world at once. And it seems there is now no place or country on earth that unrest has not now spread to. So I go back and forth on whether or not we are extremely close to the end. But when I read the prophets, it seems it has approached extremely near.

Reactions: doxley

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think politicians will become more rare and will begin exiting politics in droves. People will be asking men to lead them and they will say, no, don’t put me in charge of this heap of ruins, I can’t help you.
Nah. Men are attracted to power like flies are attracted to a big steaming pile of dog poop. Men will kill to be in charge of a sinking ship or burning building.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah. Men are attracted to power like flies are attracted to a big steaming pile of dog poop. Men will kill to be in charge of a sinking ship or burning building.

We’ll see.
I think men are more apt to flee burning buildings and sinking ships.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Lambano

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aye, they... or we, wandering about, looking perhaps for some man with "right" answers, who knows the way to lead them...

"That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" Eph 4:14

Lo here or lo there? Where then?

"And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." Matt 8:19-20

Then Jesus also had no place to lay his head, that is to rest? But, when he spoke those words to that scribe, he did not have a body, the Body of Christ, did he?

We are invited to come to Jesus and receive rest...

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28

...but until we do, and the Body is properly joined together without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, where is Jesus' rest? Jesus is surely the Head, but where is the Body of Christ [where are we?] so that He may have a place to lay his head or to rest Himself, that is to rest the Head of the Body?

"But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." Eph 4:15-16

Reactions: Truth7t7 and Nancy

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
wind has always been my problem! :)

Reactions: Lambano