Non-Celibate Gays Can Be Clergy...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tombstone

Aug 18, 2009
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/08/21/lutheran.gays/index.html?iref=mpstoryview"One of the country's largest Protestant denominations, the Lutheran church approved four recommendations to its ministry's policies that underscore a new approach to homosexuality.While the recommendations passed at the weeklong Churchwide Assembly in Minneapolis, Minnesota, do not address recognizing same-sex marriage or civil unions, they do allow congregations to support same-sex relationships among their members and allow individuals in same-sex relationships to hold clergy positions.The previous policy of the 4.6-million member church allowed gay people to serve as members of professional rosters only if they were celibate.Some members argued prior to the vote that the change would fly in the face of religious teachings."Brothers and sisters, I ask you, before you dig yourselves deeper into this hole, if you are so absolutely certain that these behaviors are not sinful that you are willing to place yourselves and this church at the spiritual risk that comes from encouraging sin," said the Rev. Steven Frock of the Western Iowa Synod.Among those on the other side was Alan Wold of the Northern Illinois Synod. "If according to some I am going to be in err for supporting this... Let me err on the side of mercy, grace, justice, and love of neighbor. Let me err on the side of gospel, which makes all things new."The last two sentences show how some Christians aren't serious about scripture. If God is the same yesterday, today and forever, then how can this be.Are these newly ordained clergy just going to skip over the whole "abomination" part. Are they going to say that is no longer true?Then they are telling the people that ALL parts are open to 'flexibility.'This is a travesty.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Its a shame to me that this has happened, this shows how corrupt and vile people can be by twisting the words of the bible or just flat out ignoring the bible altogether. God considers gayness to be a sin, 1st Timothy 1:8-11, 1st Corinthians 6:9-11, Leviticus 18:22.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
"Brothers and sisters, I ask you, before you dig yourselves deeper into this hole, if you are so absolutely certain that these behaviors are not sinful that you are willing to place yourselves and this church at the spiritual risk that comes from encouraging sin," said the Rev. Steven Frock of the Western Iowa Synod.
Well, what do you expect?? There is not much work of the Holy Ghost in Lutheran churches anyway. It's all passed away as far as most of them are concerned.Church was not suppose to be designed like this. You have a board of directors, or in this case, a world wide ruling that runs all the churches that hand down new laws and doctrine. Heck, most Pastors would not even think of Preaching something God put on their heart because they would loose their Job of offend their biggest tither. Now this man that spoke out, what is his next move? Do you stand and fight, then get fired or just put up with it?Gay people should be part of a church. Right there in the pews with the rest of them getting words of life to empower them to change. The scripture is clear. If your home life is not in order, then you have not part in the ministry.

Tombstone

Aug 18, 2009
When Lev. 18:22 was shared with one of the gays, he said that no longer applied because "Jesus didn't specifically speak out against gays or their lifestyle."Jesus never 'specifically' mentioned anything about shoplifting either, but...It just breaks my heart to see real Christians as the sole the voice crying in the wilderness...of their own Church.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
On the other side of things. How many Churches have Gay people been welcomed at before. A lot of them shun them away or ask them not to come back. This creates a pocket of space for those that are gay, who want to also go to heaven. Satan is going to find someone to cater to that need. Where there is a need, someone fills it for gain.I thought I was considered part of the itchy ear group. Word of Faith, God loves you, God blesses you. This beats that, now we have a major denomination that says God thinks Gay is OK, and gay sex is OK. Jesus does not mind at all. Don't fret about this. In the Last days......... there shall be perilous times. The Lord spoke to me a few years ago. (Not a voice but inside.) He told me He is coming soon and He is going through the World and taking the Light out of many denominational churches. Those that won't believe, those with no faith, those that enjoy evil, those that think it's all passed away. He told me that His Spirit will no longer strive to help these churches. When He returns, He told me. He will be looking for faith and obedience to His Word. (He never said these people were going to miss Heaven or were condemned. Just that He was no longer there helping.)Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Jesus Is Lord.

ToolOfHis

Nov 1, 2008
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A friend sent me this this evening. I personally don't know anything about this video or who made it. I do know if i was at that church voting as they were suppose to be voting i'd sure be doing some soul searching and praying and seeking the advice of the Lord. THE MIRACLE TORNADO - Interesting Video!!On August 19 the Lutheran Church in America voted to allow same sex marriage and clergy. This video shows a tornado that hit Minneapolis on August 19 around 2 pm at the time they voted. It sheered the cross off the Lutheran church next to the conference center where they were meeting. Here is the video-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALk1z5euBxIDraw your own thoughts on this. I saw it for the first time a few minutes ago. Don't know if i'll get back on here this week or not so please don't expect an answer from me about this post. As i said before...a friend sent it and thats all i know about it at the present time. Take Care, Tool