non-Christians are incapable of real love

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Even true Christians are not entirely capable of love, love being defined as caring about others and doing no harm to them

But nonChristians do not love at all. They may be attached to certain people in their lives, but they do not love them, objectively speaking. Technically, only God loves anyone, but after God, it is the "Jesus freaks" of the world who alone know what love is...

case in point: liberals. They believe in so many things that are absolutely HARMFUL to human beings: homosexuality, abortion, divorce-remarriage, fornication.

I dont hate them b/c they believe in all these harmful things. Maybe most of them are clueless. After all, most liberals are YOUNG... I rest my case!

Anyway.. What is really bad is when you see OLD liberals... yikes.. Is there anything worse than an old liberal???

You know that saying: anyone who is not a liberal when young doesnt have a heart. Anyone who is not a conservative by the time he is 50 doesn't have a head...

so dont believe the liberals who are trying to get more and more power in governemnt. They do NOT love anyone but themselves. and they don't even do a good job of that.

I mean look @ politics in the 90s... man who will remain un-named (high office) cheats on his wife.. not once or twice but over and over again. And she stays with him... :eek:

OK, it could be unconditional .. not love but unconditional attachment that kept her w/ him. But i say it was simple, practical... me, myself and I that kept her there..

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScaliaFan said:
Even true Christians are not entirely capable of love, love being defined as caring about others and doing no harm to them

But nonChristians do not love at all. They may be attached to certain people in their lives, but they do not love them, objectively speaking. Technically, only God loves anyone, but after God, it is the "Jesus freaks" of the world who alone know what love is...

case in point: liberals. They believe in so many things that are absolutely HARMFUL to human beings: homosexuality, abortion, divorce-remarriage, fornication.

I dont hate them b/c they believe in all these harmful things. Maybe most of them are clueless. After all, most liberals are YOUNG... I rest my case!

Anyway.. What is really bad is when you see OLD liberals... yikes.. Is there anything worse than an old liberal???

You know that saying: anyone who is not a liberal when young doesnt have a heart. Anyone who is not a conservative by the time he is 50 doesn't have a head...

so dont believe the liberals who are trying to get more and more power in governemnt. They do NOT love anyone but themselves. and they don't even do a good job of that.

I mean look @ politics in the 90s... man who will remain un-named (high office) cheats on his wife.. not once or twice but over and over again. And she stays with him... :eek:

OK, it could be unconditional .. not love but unconditional attachment that kept her w/ him. But i say it was simple, practical... me, myself and I that kept her there..
Perhaps everyone one day will learn to love others the way you love others. You know.... That Olde School Catholic Love!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
fact is theer a lot of none christians in this world who love others too. and some go out of there way to help others. Its not just a christian thing And none can love as Jesus loves us, we are certainly incapable of that kind of love

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
There are all kinds and levels of love, but "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13)

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
FHII said:
Perhaps everyone one day will learn to love others the way you love others. You know.... That Olde School Catholic Love!
Don't spare the ruler, ruin the knuckles.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
FHII said:
i certainly hope so!

life is hard enough without....

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Dan57 said:
There are all kinds and levels of love, but "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13)
yes and there are many ways to lay down one' life...

just being a true Christian is laying down one's life... but so few are that

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
fact is theer a lot of none christians in this world who love others too. and some go out of there way to help others. Its not just a christian thing And none can love as Jesus loves us, we are certainly incapable of that kind of love
people only love when u r lovable

very few love otherwise

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
people only love when u r lovable

very few love otherwise
Yet theer is no one in this world that is unloveable it is just something that we are not very good at.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Yet theer is no one in this world that is unloveable it is just something that we are not very good at.
if the "world" says you are unlovable, you are unlovable

pretty soon it will not be just the unborn who are seen that way... oh, yeh... it's already others. But the unborn are particularly poor.. Tehy have few rights... few as in ZERO

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are non-Christians and they have been married for 53 years. It is simply not true that non-Christians 'do not love at all'. They have loved each other for more than their years of marriage and have had a very successful marriage for all these years. Don't try to tell me that non-Christians can't have genuine love between them! :huh:

Oz

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
OzSpen said:
My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are non-Christians and they have been married for 53 years. It is simply not true that non-Christians 'do not love at all'. They have loved each other for more than their years of marriage and have had a very successful marriage for all these years. Don't try to tell me that non-Christians can't have genuine love between them! :huh:

Oz
if that other person suddenly lost everything, we would find out