Nothing Is Ever Useless

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
YouTube Channel Video Devo

“Nothing Is Ever Useless”
1 Corinthians 15:58 NLT
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

I’ve had so many instances through my years of life where I have tried to work hard at something, but then many times gotten very discouraged and threw my hands up and said, “This is useless!”

We have all had these situations in life in various ways. We try hard to get through to someone and we find ourselves wanting to give up because we feel we’re not getting anywhere. We start a project at home and spend possibly years on it only to find ourselves wanting to toss in the towel and give up. Maybe we want to take up a hobby or play an instrument. We try and try and try and try….and then try again. All the while we sometimes just want to give up and say, “This is useless!”

We often feel like this when we think we are getting nowhere with someone or something. It’s often easy to feel like nothing is going to come of what we are doing and we’re just beating a dead horse. However, I have heard many stories of people who have spent years or decades working toward something and, finally, after so long something happens from their efforts.

We never know when or how, but we must always remember that God will ALWAYS use our efforts in some way. We don’t know how, but He will. The next time we take on a new hobby, project, or trying to talk to someone about our faith, we need to give it time and allow God to use us. At times, we need to step away, take a deep breath, come back and try again in another way.

It is so easy for us to throw up our hands and yell, “I’ve had it! This is useless and going nowhere!” When we feel like doing that, we need to take a deep breath, count to 10 (My mother used this tactic on me many times!), and regroup.

No matter what we are doing, we must always do it for the Lord and remember that nothing we do will go unnoticed. It might be days, months, years or decades, but God is working and we must trust that He will reward and reveal at the proper times. Nothing is ever useless when it comes to the work of the Kingdom. We may think it’s useless, but it never will be if we are striving to serve Him and make a difference in people’s lives.

Nothing is ever useless, so don’t give up.