Number of His Name

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(stone;56986)
People that are atheists represent a disbelief that Christ came in the flesh. They don't believe in God, and don't believe He came in the flesh.Charles Chiniquy, former catholic priest, in his book, 50 YEARS IN THE CHURCH OF ROME, cited that there were over 50 popes that were atheists and infidels. Roman catholicism baptizes little babies that don't believe anything. Many catholics grow up as atheists, never believing in God, yet they belong to the catholic church. And also many in the catholic clergy follow this same pattern and are atheists.The antichrist, the man himself, will be an atheist.Catholic doctrine is to obey a pope no matter how evil he is:Regardless of how bad the pope, or if he is the devil himself, he must be obeyed.So it is written, so it is done.If the Pope errs by commanding vices or forbidding virtues, then the Church must believe that vices are good and virtues bad, unless one wants to sin against conscience"- Cardinal 'St.' Robert Bellarmine (a saint to Roman Catholics, and one of the Counter-Reformation leaders), De Summo Pontifice, bk. 4, ch. 5http://www.trueorthodoxy.org/heretic...s_christ.shtmlthis contradicts 3 John 1:113 John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.No matter what evil decree the antichrist gives, as last pope, it will be followed by catholics.Quote by Atheist pope Leo X:"How well we know what a profitable superstition this fable of Christ has been for us!"
Um the Antichrist is Satan. Atheist are only types of antichrist... but they are not THE Antichrist.James 2:19 - Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.And no, no, no... The pope is certainly not THE Antichrist. *sigh*

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Revelation 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. This is Satan he is the only son of Perdition No one except Satan has been judged and sentenced already to perdition, as recorded in Ezekiel 28:18. This beast is the son of perdition, and "perdition" means "to destroy" or destroyer. Revelation 9:1 "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit [pit of the abyss]."The "star" that falls to the earth is the star of Isaiah 14. The star is "Lucifer", who will be the Antichrist once he arrives on earth. Satan is given the key, or authority to the bottomless pit, for this is where Satan's fallen angels are held.Satan is to be God's executioner of God's divine wrath that is to be poured out upon the earth. God is going to give Satan the right to have his way with all who are blind to God's Word.Revelation 9:2 "And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit."Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. Revelation 9:3 "And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power."This locust army that comes upon the earth is Satan's army of demonic forces. They are the fallen angels, and demons, both coming with Satan, and those that are already here upon the earth. Revelation 9:4 "And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads."God will not allow any physical damage to any part of the earth. Not the grass, trees, or any physical matter you can think of. This is a spiritual warfare, and it is a battle for the minds of men and the commitment of their souls to him. God is very specific as to what they can do. Their targets are only the people; The "Anthropos" in the Greek, the individuals of man, not any animal, and only those "that have not the seal of God in their foreheads".Satan will be claiming to be Christ thus he is the Antichrist he will be kicked from heaven at the End of the fifth trump Issuing in the 6 trump, 6th,seal .6th vial Remember he will come in peacefully and prosperously trying to win over souls he will perform miracles he is supernatural. He will heal the deadly wound. He will cause a delusion so strong if God did not shorten the time the very Elect would be fooled if it were possable. The whole world follows after the beast thinking he is Christ returned No human man nor religion on earth can accoplish these things

precepts

Feb 24, 2008
thesuperjag's666
Um the Antichrist is Satan. Atheist are only types of antichrist... but they are not THE Antichrist.James 2:19 - Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.And no, no, no... The pope is certainly not THE Antichrist. *sigh*
Jag 66:6Kriss'
Revelation 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. This is Satan he is the only son of Perdition No one except Satan has been judged and sentenced already to perdition, as recorded in Ezekiel 28:18. This beast is the son of perdition, and "perdition" means "to destroy" or destroyer. Revelation 9:1 "And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit [pit of the abyss]."The "star" that falls to the earth is the star of Isaiah 14. The star is "Lucifer", who will be the Antichrist once he arrives on earth. Satan is given the key, or authority to the bottomless pit, for this is where Satan's fallen angels are held.Satan is to be God's executioner of God's divine wrath that is to be poured out upon the earth. God is going to give Satan the right to have his way with all who are blind to God's Word.Revelation 9:2 "And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit."Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. Revelation 9:3 "And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power."This locust army that comes upon the earth is Satan's army of demonic forces. They are the fallen angels, and demons, both coming with Satan, and those that are already here upon the earth. Revelation 9:4 "And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads."God will not allow any physical damage to any part of the earth. Not the grass, trees, or any physical matter you can think of. This is a spiritual warfare, and it is a battle for the minds of men and the commitment of their souls to him. God is very specific as to what they can do. Their targets are only the people; The "Anthropos" in the Greek, the individuals of man, not any animal, and only those "that have not the seal of God in their foreheads".Satan will be claiming to be Christ thus he is the Antichrist he will be kicked from heaven at the End of the fifth trump Issuing in the 6 trump, 6th,seal .6th vial Remember he will come in peacefully and prosperously trying to win over souls he will perform miracles he is supernatural. He will heal the deadly wound. He will cause a delusion so strong if God did not shorten the time the very Elect would be fooled if it were possable. The whole world follows after the beast thinking he is Christ returned
Kriss 18:23-37

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;57032)
Kriss 18:23-37 ??????
I am confused as well. He gave me a 666... a "supposedly" Satanic number.But I think he meant for yours... Revelation 18:23-37...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(thesuperjag;57037)
I am confused as well. He gave me a 666... a "supposedly" Satanic number.But I think he meant for yours... Revelation 18:23-37...
There is no Rev 18:25-37 it only goes to verse 24 if thats what it means and he is calling you speaking for Satan then he obviously doesnt know scripture well enough to be calling anyone anything

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Kriss;57051)
(thesuperjag;57037)
There is no Rev 18:25-37 it only goes to verse 24 if thats what it means and he is calling you speaking for Satan then he obviously doesnt know scripture well enough to be calling anyone anythingYea, you're right.
smile.gif

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
Kriss, Jag, I also share the idea and believe its clear in scripture to say that the Antichrist will be satan. But did you ever think satan even now will try to mock the Lord by sending his "son" like the devil in flesh. As Christ is God but also Gods son. I dont understand why it is so difficult for you Kriss to admit the possibility of the antichrist sitting in the popes chair. Why not?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Red_Letters88;57072)
Kriss, Jag, I also share the idea and believe its clear in scripture to say that the Antichrist will be satan. But did you ever think satan even now will try to mock the Lord by sending his "son" like the devil in flesh. As Christ is God but also Gods son. I dont understand why it is so difficult for you Kriss to admit the possibility of the antichrist sitting in the popes chair. Why not?
Christ = God (before born)Christ = God in a human body (after birth)Pope = humanSatan = Angel (Spirit body)Fallen Angels = Spirit Body.............I don't see scriptures where Satan and the fallen angels are being born in the flesh. If they do, God lied saying that fallen angels shall marry (Matthew 24:37-38, Luke 17:26-27) like they did at Genesis 6:2.

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(thesuperjag;57074)
Christ = God (before born)Christ = God in a human body (after birth)Pope = humanSatan = Angel (Spirit body)Fallen Angels = Spirit Body.............I don't see scriptures where Satan and the fallen angels are being born in the flesh. If they do, God lied saying that fallen angels shall marry (Matthew 24:37-38, Luke 17:26-27) like they did at Genesis 6:2.
Jag, get real man. Is the Antichrist going to come here ONLY in spirit and deceive everyone like that? No, he will be a MAN- flesh and bone. BTW, I never said anything about Him marrying anyone. You added that- and I believe scripture also tells us that He will not be attracted to females. Anyway- limiting the antichrist to flesh- on the basis of marriage or not- is ridiculous.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
True Red and the scipture tells us Satan is a man Angels always apear as men and Satan is an Angel he will appear as a man And the Devil is just another name for Satan it is not his son.Satan has always wanted to be God from the begining and God will allow him to try Ezekiel 28:11 "Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying," Ezekiel 28:12 "Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the King of Tyrus, and say unto him, 'Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty." We have now changed Satan's position from the "prince of Tyre", to "king of Tyrus". The "king of Tyrus" was his position before his fall, in the first earth age. God is telling Satan, "I made you this way", God must have loved Satan at the time of Satan's creation, to give him such perfect beauty, and full of wisdom. Prior to the fall, Satan was in good standing with our heavenly Father. God gave Satan the highest position of any creative being; that of protection the mercy seat himself. Once Satan's pride and vanity took control of him, he departed from God's plan for him, he set his mind on being the "King of Kings" and assuming the role of Jesus Christ, the only begotten on the Father. Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the Garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the Sardis, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created." Do you remember the serpent in the Garden of Eden; and the "tree of good and evil"? Those were two of the names given to Satan, and they are also recorded in Revelation 12:9. Also don't overlook the term, "in the day that thou wast created." This points to the fact that Satan is not an eternal being, with infinite powers; thus there is no possibility of this creature ever becoming God, or having been one. However he is "full of wisdom, of a man." Ezekiel 28:14 "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire." Ezekiel 28:15 "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." Satan was perfect in every way, until he stopped loving God. Satan's focus then turned from serving God, to serving himself. Ezekiel 28:16 "By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire." Ezekiel 28:17 "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of the brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee." Satan's heart and was lifted up in self pride. Ezekiel 28:18 "All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more." 2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; There is only one Son of Pertion and that is Satan he must come first.Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. Satan was on earth,he is not now,he will be again this son of Pertion the only one Judged to go into Pertion Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Reminds me of...Genesis 19:1 - And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;...Genesis 19:10 - But the men put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door....Genesis 19:12 - And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:

Red_Letters88

Jan 5, 2008
(kriss;57076)
True Red and the scipture tells us Satan is a man Angels always apear as men and Satan is an Angel he will appear as a man And the Devil is just another name for Satan it is not his son.Satan has always wanted to be God from the begining and God will allow him to try Ezekiel 28:11 "Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying," Ezekiel 28:12 "Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the King of Tyrus, and say unto him, 'Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty." We have now changed Satan's position from the "prince of Tyre", to "king of Tyrus". The "king of Tyrus" was his position before his fall, in the first earth age. God is telling Satan, "I made you this way", God must have loved Satan at the time of Satan's creation, to give him such perfect beauty, and full of wisdom. Prior to the fall, Satan was in good standing with our heavenly Father. God gave Satan the highest position of any creative being; that of protection the mercy seat himself. Once Satan's pride and vanity took control of him, he departed from God's plan for him, he set his mind on being the "King of Kings" and assuming the role of Jesus Christ, the only begotten on the Father. Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the Garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the Sardis, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created." Do you remember the serpent in the Garden of Eden; and the "tree of good and evil"? Those were two of the names given to Satan, and they are also recorded in Revelation 12:9. Also don't overlook the term, "in the day that thou wast created." This points to the fact that Satan is not an eternal being, with infinite powers; thus there is no possibility of this creature ever becoming God, or having been one. However he is "full of wisdom, of a man." Ezekiel 28:14 "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire." Ezekiel 28:15 "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." Satan was perfect in every way, until he stopped loving God. Satan's focus then turned from serving God, to serving himself. Ezekiel 28:16 "By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire." Ezekiel 28:17 "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of the brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee." Satan's heart and was lifted up in self pride. Ezekiel 28:18 "All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more." 2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for [that day shall not come], except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; There is only one Son of Pertion and that is Satan he must come first.Rev 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. Satan was on earth,he is not now,he will be again this son of Pertion the only one Judged to go into Pertion Luk 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Rev 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast [some] of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Thanks for the lengthy reply. It was just a thought that satan would mock God in the sense that he would "take on flesh" as God did. But the question still remains- why dont you think the antichrist would take the seat of the pope ( Im not suggesting he will- Im just asking why not)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Because he will take the role of christ ..thus ...Anti christ anti meaning instead (of Christ)Now I ask you would you believe a Pope was Christ?? Would a Muslim belive a Pope was christ would a Jew believe the pope was christ? Would an athiest belive the Pope was christ??remember the Antichrist fools the WHOLE WORLD everyone without the seal of God follows him thinking he is christ,he performs miracles, he rules from Jerusalem (not Rome) this anti christ must be able to deceive the World not just a few christians.He will also set up a world government system and he will rule can anyone really see the pope as leading the government of the World??????Christians seem to forget this isnt about a just christian leader, it is the Entire World all religions all non religious people. does anyone believe a single human man Pope or not can accomplish these things??

archierieus

May 5, 2008
Look for both, Kriss. Yes, there is a human being claiming to stand in the place of Christ, supplanting Christ (which is what the Greek word in Thess. points to) and the identifying markers of that man very, very clearly point to the pope. There will ALSO be the final manifestation of the Antichrist, which will be just before Jesus returns. Satan himself will impersonate Christ, will do what appear to be wonderful miracles, will give outward evidence that he is Christ. And, he will give his approval of the human antichrist, the pope, and what the pope--the papacy--claims as the mark of its authority, to be above the Bible, quote, "The Church is above the Bible . . ." and the purported proof of that, recorded in the Catholic Record, 1924. Will "all the world wonder"? Yes. As for the pope, KIM that there has been a global outreach by the papacy during recent decades, and he has been hailed by leaders of a number of religions, seeking common ground. It has been the M.O. of the RCC to allow a wide range of beliefs and practice, provided the authority of the pope is recognized. But there will be more than that. When the false christ appears, satan himself, that will be the ultimate, and under the powerful influence of that satanic counterfeit, "all the world" will wonder after the beast with the deadly wound that was healed.Dave

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(archierieus;57381)
Look for both, Kriss. Yes, there is a human being claiming to stand in the place of Christ, supplanting Christ (which is what the Greek word in Thess. points to) and the identifying markers of that man very, very clearly point to the pope. There will ALSO be the final manifestation of the Antichrist, which will be just before Jesus returns. Satan himself will impersonate Christ, will do what appear to be wonderful miracles, will give outward evidence that he is Christ. And, he will give his approval of the human antichrist, the pope, and what the pope--the papacy--claims as the mark of its authority, to be above the Bible, quote, "The Church is above the Bible . . ." and the purported proof of that, recorded in the Catholic Record, 1924. Will "all the world wonder"? Yes. As for the pope, KIM that there has been a global outreach by the papacy during recent decades, and he has been hailed by leaders of a number of religions, seeking common ground. It has been the M.O. of the RCC to allow a wide range of beliefs and practice, provided the authority of the pope is recognized. But there will be more than that. When the false christ appears, satan himself, that will be the ultimate, and under the powerful influence of that satanic counterfeit, "all the world" will wonder after the beast with the deadly wound that was healed.Dave
Again, the Pope might be an antichrist but he is NOT THE ANTICHRIST! Satan is far too smart for that. Again, the Pope is NOT THE ANTICHRIST!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
wow 4 complete pages of good old fahion pope bashing and I missed it. just like to point something out, just about evry pope ever appointed, and I agree some of them were as unchristian as you can get, but every pope that has ever been appointed has been called the antichrist but thousands of people. and you know what, they never are. just thought I should leave that thought behind Your brother in christRyan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You are so right Tom there are many antichrists but only one "THE ANTICHRIST" I honestly do not understand why everyone that claims this only draw on a few verse's out of context. And completly ignore what scripture says who he is,what he will do, and the effects on the World.

archierieus

May 5, 2008
(kriss;57396)
I honestly do not understand why everyone that claims this only draw on a few verse's out of context. And completly ignore what scripture says who he is,what he will do, and the effects on the World.
That is quite a claim, going to the merits of a student's study and research approach. 'Out of context'? Not in the slightest--although ideas about 'context' are unreliable, being quite subjective according to the reader's personal beliefs. On a more accurate level--exegesis per se, it is quite clear that the reference to an 'antichrist' found in Thessalonians is indeed to a man, rather than to Satan. As for Revelation 13, the word 'antichrist' does not appear. The parallel there is with Daniel 7. The great power and terrible deeds done by the first beast of Rev. 13 very cleary point to the papacy. The second beast restores power to the papacy after the papacy received a deadly wound to its power. That prophecy has not come to full fruition yet, but certainly is in process.I do suggest that if a person disagrees with another student's position, provide specifics rather than speaking in generalities and abstractions.Dave

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Practice what you preach I can and have provided nothing but scripture all you keep saying is you are right without a single scripture to back your claim and mans words