Occupy Wall Street

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Nor do I covet what the wealthy have (i.e., those that rightly earned it).

The problem I have is with those who became wealthy by thefts, i.e., stealing from the American people.

It is very... un-Biblical to desire the redistribution of wealth, taking it from those who rightly earned it and giving it to those who did not earn it. Doing that in itself is also theft per God's Word.

The financial crisis we face today was not just the result of false mortgage speculation. It is the result of men that have picked the pockets of the American people by using the taxpayer as a backup outlet since moving our U.S. monetary system off the gold standard in the early 1970's.

It would behove many to pay attention to what ex-Chairman of The Board of The Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan said back in 1966 before he became Chairman of the Fed...

"Published in Ayn Rand's "Objectivist" newsletter in 1966, and reprinted in her book, Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal, in 1967.

In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold. If everyone decided, for example, to convert all his bank deposits to silver or copper or any other good, and thereafter declined to accept checks as payment for goods, bank deposits would lose their purchasing power and government-created bank credit would be worthless as a claim on goods. The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.

This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard."

The full article can be found here:
http://www.constitution.org/mon/greenspan_gold.htm

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Every government and system formed by man (mankind) is there attempt to achieve without God their destiny what the individual or collectively they cannot do without God. So naturally, all has failed and will continue to fail, until the cloak deception of that Satan has cast over the world been removed. Even most Christians do not know what man’s purpose is.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Do we find anyone... in that Occupy movement preaching a return of the U.S. monetary system back to a gold standard? I haven't heard any of them mention that.

But removal from a gold standard to instead go use "Deficit spending" is how our financial system got into today's condition, and also how politicians and bankers have been stealing from the American taxpayer.

It's like Greenspan said, "In the absence of a gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation."

What is that "inflation" he speaks of?

When dollars are printed up, backed by nothing, and added to the dollars already in circulation, it INFLATES the money supply. It makes the dollars already out there worth less. The result is prices of goods and labor have to go up to meet the dollar's decreased buying power. It translates DIRECTLY to "confiscation" of wealth right out of your pocket, simply because now the dollars in your pocket won't buy the same amount they did prior to the inflation of added dollars in circulation. A gold standard stops this inflation process in its tracks, because on a gold standard each printed dollar MUST be backed by its amount in silver or gold held in a reserve like Fort Knox.

DEFICIT SPENDING

What is that Deficit spending Greenspan also mentioned?

We most often hear in the news this as the "national debt." Deficit spending is the product of a debt-based monetary system. It's the opposite of a gold standard. A deficit essentially means 'debt'.

Ask yourself, if our U.S. dollars are no longer backed by gold reserves stored in a place like Fort Knox, as it used to be prior to the 1970's, then just what is... backing our U.S. dollars? The sad answer is DEBT.

The Federal Reserve Notes of today's U.S. dollar is a Debt note, since it is not backed by any commodity like gold reserves. It is instead backed 'by the ability of the U.S. taxpayer to pay the debt.'

I don't know about you all, but I don't recall taking out any new bank loans that cause me to go into debt. I also get copies of any agreements I sign for taking out a loan at a bank. With today's monetary policy not on a gold standard, we the taxpayers don't have to personally take out a loan to go into debt, because those in our government do it for us every time they authorize an addition of freshly printed new dollars added to the money supply.

Since U.S. dollars are no longer backed by a gold standard, they are backed by us, the American taxpayer. That is how Greenspan would say the absence of a gold standard means confiscation of our wealth. It is done by paying taxes, and it should be pretty clear that the progressive income tax passed in the U.S. in 1933 upon U.S. citizens was the principle that provided the ability for the money powers to eventually remove our U.S. monetary policy off a gold standard.

Concerning the Bible principle our Lord Jesus showed about tax, we are to pay taxes. But since the removal off the gold standard, we don't just pay taxes for the things our nation needs as permitted in our U.S. Constitution. Since the progressive income tax of 1933, we've been paying for additional debt we personally did not incur, since that's really when removal by fractions from the gold standard began. I'll bet not many knew this, that our U.S. monetary policy has been slowly... removed from the gold standard at least since the 1930's, until in the early 1970's it was completely removed. Our U.S. dollar has lost its gold standard backing fractionally through the years, until 1971-2 when it became a Federal Reserve Note not backed by anything (except us taxpayers). Most of us are behind the times with understanding this, since Greenspan was talking about this difference between Deficit spending and the gold standard back in the 1960's.

So every time our government officials like U.S. Congress authorizes a printing up of new dollars to pay for some new program, or bailout a huge corporation or bank, it causes the National Debt to go up, which translates to more taxation upon us, while also inflating our money supply at the same time. A gold standard stops that in its tracks.

Perspectives

Aug 12, 2011
Northwest
Maybe someone has already noted this,but I'll go ahead any way. Several days ago it came to my attention that the protesters in New York had received to that point $500k. It was then deposited in a BANK, the very thing they are comming against! I'll bet they find a way to pay the least they possibly can in taxes! If they pay at all. The Bible says call no man a fool, meaning that if you do, your attempting to sit on the Throne and condemn him to an eternal seperation from God, so I won't do that. May God bless their little hearts and stupid heads!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Maybe someone has already noted this,but I'll go ahead any way. Several days ago it came to my attention that the protesters in New York had received to that point $500k. It was then deposited in a BANK, the very thing they are comming against! I'll bet they find a way to pay the least they possibly can in taxes! If they pay at all. The Bible says call no man a fool, meaning that if you do, your attempting to sit on the Throne and condemn him to an eternal seperation from God, so I won't do that. May God bless their little hearts and stupid heads!

I wouldn't be concerned with that, except it serving as a sign for us who have believed on Christ Jesus. What that sign reveals is those behind the movement are not really who they want us to think they are. Thus the movement is for some other purpose. Already signs are showing up with that Occupy movement being associated with globalists and Communists.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it is also saying that those land owners have a responsibility towards the poor among them.

Oh, I totally agree, but don't expect it from a culture that has turned it's back on it's Judeo-Christian roots....hmmm, neither should one expect respect for private ownership (i.e. stewardship) of the land of those who left the same roots.

Buzzfruit

Aug 21, 2011
Bronx, New York, U.S.A
Oh, I totally agree, but don't expect it from a culture that has turned it's back on it's Judeo-Christian roots....hmmm, neither should one expect respect for private ownership (i.e. stewardship) of the land of those who left the same roots.

I don't....it would be too much to expect them to.