OFFICE OF POPE IN THE BIBLE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Typology is the study of foreshadow, so you can't read Isaiah 22 as a proof text. That is not how I presented it. It is prophetic, but not a prophecy per se. You have no criteria to determine what parts of the OT apply only to Israel and what parts apply to the Church. You don't have enough faith to believe that Jesus, the High Priest, has the authority to appoint an earthly steward. An invisible church cannot bind and loose anything. You haven't addressed the issue of "keys" either.

God is also called rock, that is a Catholic teaching you borrowed from us.

I would rather look to "men" who are qualified/ordained to teach, rather than spiritualize Jesus into a Manichean falsehood.
I have received nothing from men, but from God alone, whom you speak against when you speak against the Spirit (against "spiritualizing") and God whom "is spirit."

Nonetheless, you are wrong. There most certainly is criteria for what I have told you: The Old and the New Covenants, the Jews and the gentiles, and the two "folds" of Christ before and after the cross.

As for the "keys", Jesus also referred to the "keys" when He condemned the lawyers...for the sin of which you also commit:

Luke 11:52
Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have received nothing from men, but from God alone, whom you speak against when you speak against the Spirit (against "spiritualizing") and God whom "is spirit."
That is not a community.

Nonetheless, you are wrong. There most certainly is criteria for what I have told you: The Old and the New Covenants, and the Jews and the gentiles, and the two "folds" of Christ before and after the cross.
That doesn't answer the question. How do you determine what parts of the OT apply to Israel and what parts of the OT apply to the church. If God teaches you directly, then according to the Bible you must be followed by signs and wonders. If that's not happening then you must be validly ordained.
As for the "keys", Jesus also referred to the "keys" when condemned the lawyers...the sin of which you also commit:

Luke 11:52
Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered.
Since when are the keys of the Kingdom as found in Isaiha, Matthew, and Revelation one and the same as "key of knowledge"??? Maybe you need more divine instructions.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not a community.

That doesn't answer the question. How do you determine what parts of the OT apply to Israel and what parts of the OT apply to the church. If God teaches you directly, then according to the Bible you must be followed by signs and wonders. If that's not happening then you must be validly ordained.
Since when are the keys of the Kingdom as found in Isaiha, Matthew, and Revelation one and the same as "key of knowledge"??? Maybe you need more divine instructions.
The Church Is Not Led By A Bunch Of Roman Catholic Men Who Are Not Married, Thats A Fact.

The Pope Nor The Roman Catholic Cardinals Meet God's Definition.

1 Timothy 3:2-5KJV
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

1 Timothy 3:12KJV
Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not a community.
The spirit filled body of Christ made up of those born again of the spirit of God, is not a community?

Oh, that's right - you don't like the spirit. Right.
I answered this already: Jesus divided the two folds (the Jews and the gentiles), by covenant (the Old and the New), saying the one fold was "finished", which He came to "fulfill."

...since Jesus referred to it as the "key" to "entering in" (i.e. the kingdom).

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would rather look to "men" who are qualified/ordained to teach, rather than spiritualize Jesus into a Manichean falsehood.

And some of us choose to look to "Christ" who is thee Supreme Teacher, ordained by God.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Church Is Not Led By A Bunch Of Roman Catholic Men Who Are Not Married, Thats A Fact.
I agree. The Church is led by Jesus Christ who has the authority to appoint human leaders on earth. What was the name of Paul's wife? Jesus' wife?

The Pope Nor The Roman Catholic Cardinals Meet God's Definition.

2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
You have mind reading powers! Amazing!
Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
"One wife" means widows cannot remarry. Celibacy is only mandated in the Latin rite and not until the 11th century. You are sadly mistaken and ignore what the Bible says about celibacy.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. The Church is led by Jesus Christ who has the authority to appoint human leaders on earth. What was the name of Paul's wife? Jesus' wife?

You have mind reading powers! Amazing!

"One wife" means widows cannot remarry. Celibacy is only mandated in the Latin rite and not until the 11th century. You are sadly mistaken and ignore what the Bible says about celibacy.
The Unmarried Pope, Cardinals, Priests, Do Not Meet God's Definition.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The spirit filled body of Christ made up of those born again of the spirit of God, is not a community?
That is not what I said. You get your information directly from God, so that means everyone must be subject to your divine revelation. What do you do if some don't listen to you?

Oh, that's right - you don't like the spirit. Right.
I never said that either. I don't like cult leaders who are deluded into thinking they have a direct line to God. You are dangerous.
I answered this already: Jesus divided the two folds (the Jews and the gentiles), by covenant (the Old and the New), saying the one fold was "finished", which He came to "fulfill."
That has nothing to do with my question, and I am not asking the same question 3 times.

15. Protestant individualism led to the privatization of Christianity, whereby it is little respected in societal and political life, leaving the "public square" barren of Christian influence.

18. Protestant churches (esp. evangelicals), are far too often guilty of putting their pastors on too high of a pedestal. In effect, every pastor becomes a "pope," to varying degrees (some are "super-popes"). Because of this, evangelical congregations often experience a severe crisis and/or split up when a pastor leaves, thus proving that their philosophy is overly man-centered, rather than God-centered.

41. Many Protestants tend to separate life into categories of "spiritual" and "carnal," as if God is not Lord of all of life. It forgets that all non-sinful endeavors are ultimately spiritual.

30. The lack of a definitive teaching authority in Protestant (as with the Catholic magisterium) makes many individual Protestants think that they have a direct line to God, notwithstanding all of Christian Tradition and the history of biblical exegesis (a "Bible, Holy Spirit and me" mentality). Such people are generally under-educated theologically, unteachable, lack humility, and have no business making presumed "infallible" statements about the nature of Christianity.

Some Protestant pastors have more influence on the private lives of their congregation than any priest, bishop or Pope has over theirs.

...since Jesus referred to it as the "key" to "entering in" (i.e. the kingdom).
Jesus never did that once. I have to repeat myself because anti-Catholicism is venom to the mind so you can't retain or learn anything.
Isa. 22:22 - we see that the keys of the kingdom pass from Shebna to Eliakim. Thus, the keys are used not only as a symbol of authority, but also to facilitate succession. The keys of Christ's kingdom have passed from Peter to Linus all the way to our current Pope with an unbroken lineage for almost 2,000 years.

Rev. 1:18; Rev. 3:7 ; Rev. 9:1 ; Rev. 20:1

Jesus' "keys" undeniably represent authority. But you deny it.
By using the word "keys," Jesus gives Peter authority on earth over the new Davidic kingdom, and this was not seriously questioned by anyone until the Protestant revolt 1,500 years later after Peter’s investiture. "keys" has nothing to do with entering in.

Revelation 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: `The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens. Almost the same wording is used in Matthew 16:19 that you deny.

Matt. 16:19

Whatever Peter binds or looses on earth is bound or loosed in heaven / when the Prime Minister to the King opens, no one shuts. This "binding and loosing" authority, a rabbinical term, allows the keeper of the keys to establish "halakah," or rules of conduct for the members of the kingdom he serves.
I'm sure you have your own private version of "binding and loosing" that has nothing to do with the Jewish understanding.

Reactions: Philip James

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not what I said. You get your information directly from God, so that means everyone must be subject to your divine revelation. What do you do if some don't listen to you?

I never said that either. I don't like cult leaders who are deluded into thinking they have a direct line to God. You are dangerous.
You speak against the very thing that Jesus sited, that "flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven", from which men have stolen fleshly title from God and "exalted and magnified themselves above every god." And this they have done against Christ (anti-) whose church is not according to the flesh or "made with hands."

But it is not for me to "do" anything "if some don't listen", for "it is not me who speaks, but the Holy Spirit."
That has nothing to do with my question, and I am not asking the same question 3 times.

15. Protestant individualism led to the privatization of Christianity, whereby it is little respected in societal and political life, leaving the "public square" barren of Christian influence.

18. Protestant churches (esp. evangelicals), are far too often guilty of putting their pastors on too high of a pedestal. In effect, every pastor becomes a "pope," to varying degrees (some are "super-popes"). Because of this, evangelical congregations often experience a severe crisis and/or split up when a pastor leaves, thus proving that their philosophy is overly man-centered, rather than God-centered.

41. Many Protestants tend to separate life into categories of "spiritual" and "carnal," as if God is not Lord of all of life. It forgets that all non-sinful endeavors are ultimately spiritual.

30. The lack of a definitive teaching authority in Protestant (as with the Catholic magisterium) makes many individual Protestants think that they have a direct line to God, notwithstanding all of Christian Tradition and the history of biblical exegesis (a "Bible, Holy Spirit and me" mentality). Such people are generally under-educated theologically, unteachable, lack humility, and have no business making presumed "infallible" statements about the nature of Christianity.

Some Protestant pastors have more influence on the private lives of their congregation than any priest, bishop or Pope has over theirs.
So much evidence against you for the judgement, speaking against the spirit of God. :(
Jesus never did that once. I have to repeat myself because anti-Catholicism is venom to the mind so you can't retain or learn anything.
Isa. 22:22 - we see that the keys of the kingdom pass from Shebna to Eliakim. Thus, the keys are used not only as a symbol of authority, but also to facilitate succession. The keys of Christ's kingdom have passed from Peter to Linus all the way to our current Pope with an unbroken lineage for almost 2,000 years.
As I said: "...since Jesus referred to it as the "key" to "entering in" (i.e. the kingdom)."

As He said: “Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the key of knowledge. You did not enter in yourselves, and those who were entering in you hindered." Luke 11:52

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus' "keys" undeniably represent authority. But you deny it.
By using the word "keys," Jesus gives Peter authority on earth over the new Davidic kingdom, and this was not seriously questioned by anyone until the Protestant revolt 1,500 years later after Peter’s investiture. "keys" has nothing to do with entering in.

Revelation 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: `The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens. Almost the same wording is used in Matthew 16:19 that you deny.

Matt. 16:19

Whatever Peter binds or looses on earth is bound or loosed in heaven / when the Prime Minister to the King opens, no one shuts. This "binding and loosing" authority, a rabbinical term, allows the keeper of the keys to establish "halakah," or rules of conduct for the members of the kingdom he serves.
I'm sure you have your own private version of "binding and loosing" that has nothing to do with the Jewish understanding.
Do you believe the Pope is Infalliable, "Yes" or "No"?

Your Catechism States such in (2035) below, "Yes" or "No"?

Catechism Catholic Church (2035)
2035 The supreme degree of participation in the authority of Christ is ensured by the charism of infallibility. This infallibility extends as far as does the deposit of divine Revelation; it also extends to all those elements of doctrine, including morals, without which the saving truths of the faith cannot be preserved, explained, or observed.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Keys", a subject worthy of it's own OP.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Individualism.... Yes. Individuals decide to submit to the Lord......or not.

Protestants leaving the Public Square barren of Christian influence..? No.
You failed to notice those who reject Christ in the "public square", are those who are anti-Christ.

Laughable. Anyone who loses a figure head experiences gloom and unsureness, be the loss a parent, a religious figure, a political figure, a teacher, a mentor, or whatever....
Or EVEN a pope, when THOUSANDS gather and cry when a pope dies.

Yes...LIFE is definitely divided into the NATURAL CARNAL and the SUPERNATURAL SPIRITUAL....BY design of God Himself. Thank you for noticing Protestants understand that.

Sin is not ultimately spiritual. Sin is failure of a NATURAL MAN to STAND WITH the Lord, according to Gods protocal.

The Beauty of Jesus' Gospel, and Gift of the Grace of God, "IS" any NATURAL man CAN "BECOME" reconciled unto God....and most certainly after RECONCILATION have direct COMMUNICATION with God.

Thank you for noticing a Protestant understands the Grace and Power of God Jesus taught is made possible THROUGH Him.

Thank you for noticing Protestant pastors seem to be more apt to have a warm personal relationship with their congregants, seemingly opposed to Catholic Priests.

Jesus never did that once.

You appear to have missed, Jesus' disciples were his students, His listeners of His words, and Jesus Himself called them "His FRIENDS".
Not sure how you determine a "FRIENDSHIP", but I would say, it IS PRECISELY by and through a personal relationship.

I have to repeat myself because anti-Catholicism is venom to the mind so you can't retain or learn anything.

It is almost comical how the norm for a Catholic is to turn a Protestant's disagreement with a Catholic.....INTO....
.....a supposed, oh poor downtrodden Catholic....making yourself a victim of anti-Catholicism....and then the touch of poor you, venom and other like language.

Don't forget, what you accuse others of .... is you yourself, being anti-Protestant!

Or you could leave out all the supposed "poor me" junk.....and man to man, simply accept it is a disagreement between men of teaching methods that is occurring.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 22: 19-25

Isa. 22: 19

Shebna is described as having an "office" and a "station." An office, in order for it to be an office, has successors. In order for an earthly kingdom to last, a succession of representatives is required.

This was the case in the Old Covenant kingdom, and it is the case in the New Covenant kingdom which fulfills the Old Covenant. Jesus our King is in heaven, but He has appointed a chief steward over His household with a plan for a succession of representatives.

Isa. 22:20

In the old Davidic kingdom, Eliakim succeeds Shebna as the chief steward of the household of God. The kingdom employs a mechanism of dynastic succession. King David was dead for centuries, but his kingdom is preserved through a succession of representatives.

Isa. 22:21

Eliakim is called “father” or “papa” of God's people. The word Pope used by Catholics to describe the chief steward of the earthly kingdom simply means papa or father in Italian. This is why Catholics call the leader of the Church "Pope." The Pope is the father of God's people, the chief steward of the earthly kingdom and Christ's representative on earth.

Isa. 22:22

We see that the keys of the kingdom pass from Shebna to Eliakim. Thus, the keys are used not only as a symbol of authority, but also to facilitate succession. The keys of Christ's kingdom have passed from Peter to Linus all the way to our current Pope with an unbroken lineage for almost 2,000 years.

Jesus' "keys" undeniably represent authority. By using the word "keys," Jesus gives Peter authority on earth over the new Davidic kingdom, and this was not seriously questioned by anyone until the Protestant revolt 1,500 years later after Peter’s investiture.

Revelation 3:7 "And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: `The words of the holy one, the true one, who has the key of David, who opens and no one shall shut, who shuts and no one opens. Almost the same wording is used in Matthew 16:19

Matt. 16:190

Jer. 33:17

Jeremiah prophesies that David shall never lack a man to sit on the throne of the earthly House of Israel. Either this is a false prophecy, or David has a successor of representatives throughout history.

Dan. 2:44

Daniel prophesies an earthly kingdom that will never be destroyed. Either this is a false prophecy, or the earthly kingdom requires succession.

funny-picture-1142018091.jpg

Reactions: Ac28

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Unmarried Pope, Cardinals, Priests, Do Not Meet God's Definition.

You oppose the practice of a celibate priesthood because your forefathers unbiblically abolished it 500 years ago. We know the Apostles were married, that is not a shock to Catholics, but you either don't know the scriptures or defy them. Celibacy is a discipline only in the Roman rite, and it wasn't formalized until the 11th century. There are some married priests, usually Anglican converts, who get ordained with special permission.

Matt. 19:11-12 – Jesus says celibacy is a gift from God and whoever can bear it should bear it. Jesus praises and recommends celibacy for full-time ministers in the Church. Because celibacy is a gift from God, those who criticize the Church’s practice of celibacy are criticizing God and this wonderful gift He bestows on His chosen ones.

Matt. 19:29 – Jesus says that whoever gives up children for the sake of His name will receive a hundred times more and will inherit eternal life. Jesus praises celibacy when it is done for the sake of His kingdom.

Matt. 22:30 – Jesus explains that in heaven there are no marriages. To bring about Jesus’ kingdom on earth, priests live the heavenly consecration to God by not taking a wife in marriage. This way, priests are able to focus exclusively on the spiritual family, and not have any additional pressures of the biological family (which is for the vocation of marriage). This also makes it easier for priests to be transferred to different parishes where they are most needed without having to worry about the impact of their transfer on wife and children.

1 Cor 7:1 – Paul teaches that it is well for a man not to touch a woman. This is the choice that the Catholic priests of the Roman rite freely make.

1 Cor. 7:7 – Paul also acknowledges that celibacy is a gift from God and wishes that all were celibate like he is.

1 Cor. 7:27 – Paul teaches men that they should not seek marriage. In Paul’s opinion, marriage introduces worldly temptations that can interfere with one’s relationship with God, specifically regarding those who will become full-time ministers in the Church.

1 Cor. 7:32-33, 38 – Paul recommends celibacy for full-time ministers in the Church so that they are able to focus entirely upon God and building up His kingdom. He “who refrains from marriage will do better.”
good/better, not bad/good.

1 Tim. 3:2 – Paul instructs that bishops must be married only once. Many Protestants use this verse to prove that the Church’s celibacy law is in error. But they are mistaken because this verse refers to bishops that were widowers. Paul is instructing that these widowers could not remarry. The verse also refers to those bishops who were currently married. They also could not remarry (in the Catholic Church’s Eastern rite, priests are allowed to marry; celibacy is only a disciplinary rule for the clergy of the Roman rite, it is not a doctrine). Therefore, this text has nothing to do with imposing a marriage requirement on becoming a bishop.

1 Tim. 4:3 – in this verse, Paul refers to deceitful doctrines that forbid marriage. Many non-Catholics also use this verse to impugn the Church’s practice of celibacy. This is entirely misguided because the Catholic Church (unlike many Protestant churches) exalts marriage to a sacrament. In fact, marriage is elevated to a sacrament, but consecrated virginity is not. The Church declares marriage sacred, covenantal and lifegiving. Paul is referring to doctrines that forbid marriage (the Gnostics) and other goods when done outside the teaching of Christ and for a lessor good. Celibacy is an act of giving up one good (marriage and children) for a greater good (complete spiritual union with God).

1 Tim. 5:9-12 – Paul recommends that older widows take a pledge of celibacy. This was the beginning of women religious orders.

2 Tim. 2:3-4 – Paul instructs his bishop Timothy that no soldier on service gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim his to satisfy the One who enlisted him. Paul is using an analogy to describe the role of the celibate priesthood in the Church.

Rev. 14:4 – unlike our sinful world of the flesh, in heaven, those consecrated to virginity are honored.

Isaiah 56:3-7 – the eunuchs who keep God’s covenant will have a special place in the kingdom of heaven.

Jer. 16:1-4 – Jeremiah is told by God not to take a wife or have children.

Who doesn't meet God's definition?

Last edited by a moderator:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why was he shot the first time??????
Probably because the communists blamed him for the disintegration of the Soviet Union. He said it collapsed under the weight of its own errors, especially Poland.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No comment on American presidents whose limos have bullet proof glass?
The Pope needs protection given that he gets 30 death threats a month. Have you heard of the ISIS? Perhaps you are not old enough. I often wonder how many death threats are sent by ignorant, uneducated anti-Catholic bigots who would like to shoot the Pope. Pope JP2 was shot, did that make you happy? That is if you are old enough to remember.
The image posted makes a mockery of "faith". It makes faith a cartoon. Faith is not magic. Whoever made that meme mocks all Christians. They are idiots, and so are the idiots that post that stupidity on discussion boards.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Individualism.... Yes. Individuals decide to submit to the Lord......or not.

Protestants leaving the Public Square barren of Christian influence..? No.
You failed to notice those who reject Christ in the "public square", are those who are anti-Christ.
I'm sorry you do not understand what individualism means. If you can't be bothered to look it up, I can't be bothered to break it down into sound bytes. You really haven't a clue what point 15 means, so you cover up your ignorance with irrelevant and lame remarks.

Laughable. Anyone who loses a figure head experiences gloom and unsureness, be the loss a parent, a religious figure, a political figure, a teacher, a mentor, or whatever....
Or EVEN a pope, when THOUSANDS gather and cry when a pope dies.
This has NOTHING to do with Protestant superpopes. You totally miss the point.

Yes...LIFE is definitely divided into the NATURAL CARNAL and the SUPERNATURAL SPIRITUAL....BY design of God Himself. Thank you for noticing Protestants understand that.

Sin is not ultimately spiritual. Sin is failure of a NATURAL MAN to STAND WITH the Lord, according to Gods protocal.
Where did I say anything about sin? Here is what your non-comment is on:
You managed to twist non-sinful endeavors into sin. Are you a Calvinist? Do you understand "ultimately"?

The Beauty of Jesus' Gospel, and Gift of the Grace of God, "IS" any NATURAL man CAN "BECOME" reconciled unto God....and most certainly after RECONCILATION have direct COMMUNICATION with God.
That is a Catholic teaching you borrowed from us.

Thank you for noticing a Protestant understands the Grace and Power of God Jesus taught is made possible THROUGH Him.
Again, you got that from us.

Thank you for noticing Protestant pastors seem to be more apt to have a warm personal relationship with their congregants, seemingly opposed to Catholic Priests.
Thank you for noticing Protestant pastors have more CONTROL over the private lives of their congregants.

You appear to have missed, Jesus' disciples were his students, His listeners of His words, and Jesus Himself called them "His FRIENDS".
Not sure how you determine a "FRIENDSHIP", but I would say, it IS PRECISELY by and through a personal relationship.
We call it the same thing.

]It is almost comical how the norm for a Catholic is to turn a Protestant's disagreement with a Catholic.....INTO....
.....a supposed, oh poor downtrodden Catholic....making yourself a victim of anti-Catholicism....and then the touch of poor you, venom and other like language.
I have to use strong language to get through the thick skulls of ignorant anti-Catholic bigots who post lie after lie.

Don't forget, what you accuse others of .... is you yourself, being anti-Protestant!
I am not anti-Protestant, and neither is the Church, if you bother to read her teachings. I am anti-LIES and anti-STRAW MAN fallacies. I've probably been in more Protestant churches than you.

Or you could leave out all the supposed "poor me" junk.....and man to man, simply accept it is a disagreement between men of teaching methods that is occurring.
Tell ya what...I'll stop the "poor me" junk when the stupid Catholic bashing stops. That has nothing to do with disagreement, it's persecution.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I say anything about sin?

Where did I say I was speaking TO YOU?

That is a Catholic teaching you borrowed from us.

Again, you got that from us.

No I didn not solicite the pseudo Catholic "pope" Peter or the any other man made appointed "pope" to teach me Gods Word.

I have to use strong language to get through the thick skulls of ignorant anti-Catholic bigots who post lie after lie.

Thank you for proving my point. Disagreeing is of no issue. You using false accusations and calling others anti-Catholic, is by your own standard, you being anti-Protestant....
OWN IT!

I am not anti-Protestant, and neither is the Church, if you bother to read her teachings.

I have NO INTEREST in an indepth study of Catholic teaching. I have already heard and seen enough to know, it has too many conflicts with the Word of God.

I am anti-LIES and anti-STRAW MAN fallacies. I've probably been in more Protestant churches than you.

And? Since you have decided to address me, then expose my supposed LIE with my words and Scripture that shows it to be a LIE.

I could care less how many churches you have been in. I am not responsible for what OTHER MEN SAY AND DO. I am an individual and am responsible for me.

Tell ya what...I'll stop the "poor me" junk when the stupid Catholic bashing stops. That has nothing to do with disagreement, it's persecution.

You are simply offended that people do not agree with your understanding.....

What you seem to not consider or ignore IS, until people agree in the UNDERSTANDING of the Word of God, there will always be umpteen "INDIVIDUAL" interpretations out of the MINDS of men, of WHAT the Word of God means.

Some Catholics (can say this applies to you, as you have not said), have declared "THEIR POPE" has the final say on what the Word of God MEANS. (Ie the UNDERSTANDING of Gods Word).

I say, that the Lord God Himself has His own Understanding OF His OWN Word, and provides His Understanding to "INDIVIDUALS" who seek HIM, "FOR" His Understanding.

No need to be hostile, because all do not agree with you.

God Bless,
Taken

Status
Not open for further replies.