OFFICE OF POPE IN THE BIBLE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to learn the difference between the flesh and the spirit.
I am not the one treating the flesh like the spirit and the spirit like the flesh, or mixing what is written of the one with what is written of the other. On the contrary, I have rightly divided what is written regarding each.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not the one treating the flesh like the spirit and the spirit like the flesh, or mixing what is written of the one with what is written of the other. On the contrary, I have rightly divided what is written regarding each.
Good.
As long as you realize that we are still IN the flesh, then you have it right.

If you believe that we are NOT in the flesh - you're delusional . . .

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These myths about Constantine have already been exposed.
All non-Catholics please note. Any time there is anything negative stated about the RCC it is a myth. There were absolutely no false teaching promulgated, or evil deeds committed by the RCC. At least that is what they would like the world to believe.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good.
As long as you realize that we are still IN the flesh, then you have it right.

If you believe that we are NOT in the flesh - you're delusional . . .
Yes, good, we have something we can agree on.

But your demeanor suggests that you are saying so from the world and not from the kingdom. If one has passed from death to life, he speaks from a position of life and does not stand in defense of death, except in mercy for the lost. Such a position is comparable to Israel being kind and loving to strangers in the land: "Therefore love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt." Deuteronomy 10:19 Which is not to say that we should condone the sin of that time when we were strangers in the world, but rather that we should not.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, good, we have something we can agree on.

But your demeanor suggests that you are saying so from the world and not from the kingdom. If one has passed from death to life, he speaks from a position of life and does not stand in defense of death, except in mercy for the lost. Such a position is comparable to Israel being kind and loving to strangers in the land: "Therefore love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt." Deuteronomy 10:19 Which is not to say that we should condone the sin of that time when we were strangers in the world, but rather that we should not.
Not really sure where you're getting that.

All I stated was the Biblical truth that although we are not OF the flesh - we are still IN the flesh.
That's all I've said. Anything else was YOUR invention . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All non-Catholics please note. Any time there is anything negative stated about the RCC it is a myth. There were absolutely no false teaching promulgated, or evil deeds committed by the RCC. At least that is what they would like the world to believe.
Better yet - all anti-Catholics please note:
If you're going to make claims about the Catholic Church - be prepared to back them up with Scriptural and historical documentation.

Nothing worse than another impotent anti-Catholic regurgitating the same unsubstantiated nonsense without proof . . .

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really sure where you're getting that.

All I stated was the Biblical truth that although we are not OF the flesh - we are still IN the flesh.
That's all I've said. Anything else was YOUR invention . . .
I explained that it was your demeanor, as if you had a fondness remaining for the flesh. Therefore I did not invent, but gave biblical precedence.

For, who having been delivered to the promised land, would come back in defense, saying: "But we are still from Egypt?"

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I explained that it was your demeanor, as if you had a fondness remaining for the flesh. Therefore I did not invent, but gave biblical precedence.

For, who having been delivered to the promised land, would come back in defense, saying: "But we are still from Egypt?"
Well, then you were wrong.

I long to be with the Lord.
As Paul stated, I would, "prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8).

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, then you were wrong.

I long to be with the Lord.
As Paul stated, I would, "prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8).
Well that is a far better statement than your BOLD reality speech of now being in the flesh (even if it is true). Again, it's your demeanor.

Wow - maybe I should do that more often!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your statement is a myth. We don't deny wrongdoings committed by some church members, but we defend against the endless tidal wave of misrepresentations. If you don't like being stumped then stop insulting us.
BTW, I answered all your questions in the Matt Slick thread. You ran from mine.

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Closed pending review of denominational topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.