Okay! How can we, as Christians love completely? We are called to love! Lets get started! Despit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Above all these love, they will know us for our love for each other, love your enemy, God is love, love your neighbor, love God above all else, God so loved the world. Proper doctrine starts with love imho, Jesus gave Himself up for the love of the Father and us. When I wake my thought is on God whom I love, my prayer is that He fills me with His love so others may be healed or more importantly saved.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Above all these love, they will know us for our love for each other, love your enemy, God is love, love your neighbor, love God above all else, God so loved the world. Proper doctrine starts with love imho, Jesus gave Himself up for the love of the Father and us. When I wake my thought is on God whom I love, my prayer is that He fills me with His love so others may be healed or more importantly saved.

Amen justaname!

The basis of good doctrine is 'love the Lord your God with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself'!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is my doctrine on the 'how' of love.

'We love Him because He first loved us.'
and the corollary
'we love others as we grasp the fact of His deep love for us'

What deep love? 'Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.'
This is why the Cross is so central to not just our initial salvation but also to our Christian walk.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And' is the meaning of life

Returning to Love is our purpose - becoming fully human

Justification includes, Christ's sacrifice, baptism, and results in personal righteousness before God.

Sanctification is the work of the Holy Spirit in our hearts and the practice of Love in our daily lives - results in redemption in Heaven

Faith is suspending our disbelief long enough to gain a new perspective.

Dualism is the creation of artificial dichotomies between items and situations we encounter in creation and principalities. We learned how to be dualistic after eating the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil, which barred us from The Tree of Life, which is inclusive Love. Dualism is our curse - it will damn us if we reject Christ.

Being Born Again is turning from the dualistic lens / False Self and embracing 'paradox'. 'and'. 'suffering and love' as paths to renouncing the control hungry ego, and seeing scripture, doctrine, theology, our fellow human beings and God through the lens of Love.

Repent means to look else where for our happiness or satisfaction in life.

Conversion means to change the way your mind sees the world, each other, God, and existence.

Changing doctrine, theology, beliefs; or trying to find purity by looking to the past and trying to recreate church systems or beliefs, today is futile - we need to change the way we look at everything.

Prayer is what happens to you when you harmonize with God and His Will.