Omnipresence of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi 101G, sorry, my mistake, when I said 'simple', it appears that I should of used an adjective much more deprecating.
101G, you should not being reading the Bible alone, or be allowed to interpret it without the council of at least 10 qualified scholars (at least in credentials).
first thanks for your reply, second, you cannot READ,
Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word
so why search for a deprecating adjective for me, when instead you should be searching for Jesus? John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

am I more fascinating to you than the Lord JESUS?....... lol,

the scriptures are true, Romans 8:12 "Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh."Romans 8:13 "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."Romans 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."Romans 8:15 "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."Romans 8:16 "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:"

so you didn't find out what is, "Intrinsic Spatial", either, did you? lol.... :eek: YIKES!

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
first thanks for your reply, second, you cannot READ,
Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word
so why search for a deprecating adjective for me, when instead you should be searching for Jesus? John 5:39 "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

am I more fascinating to you than the Lord JESUS?....... lol,

the scriptures are true, Romans 8:12 "Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh."Romans 8:13 "For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live."Romans 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God."Romans 8:15 "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."Romans 8:16 "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:"

so you didn't find out what is, "Intrinsic Spatial", either, did you? lol.... :eek: YIKES!

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
Why are you so weird?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you so weird?
Look if you wnat to discuss the scripture, fine I'm game, but if you just want talk, that's what facebook and tweeter is for,

PICJAG

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Look if you wnat to discuss the scripture, fine I'm game, but if you just want talk, that's what facebook and tweeter is for,

PICJAG
It's Twitter, I believe.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is so difficult to argue with someone who uses false arguments to make their point. When they do this you know that they are more interested in promoting their apparent wisdom than entering into a conversation with you. At this point it is best to simple graciously bow out of the conversation and wait for a better conversationalist to begin posting.

Shalom

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is so difficult to argue with someone who uses false arguments to make their point. When they do this you know that they are more interested in promoting their apparent wisdom than entering into a conversation with you. At this point it is best to simple graciously bow out of the conversation and wait for a better conversationalist to begin posting.

Shalom
...yes, must be. I couldn't figure out how someone could be so reckless and shallow in both their hermeneutics and exegesis, interpreting Scripture in such a frivolous and unbridled manner. Just devoid of any wisdom and insight as to how such spiritual phenomenon are conveyed in the Bible, taking everything in such a hyper-literal sense?
I think that you're right, there's an element of vanity and delusion in his argumentation, making it almost impossible to rationalize with him. I'm not sure if I recall when he's ever conceded a single point to the opposing position?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is so difficult to argue with someone who uses false arguments to make their point.
why argue, jut tell the truth. have I not been saying this, "Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word" so if you or DNB have any truth, (which so far I haven't seen from either you), why not post it, instead of complaining.
yes, must be. I couldn't figure out how someone could be so reckless and shallow in both their hermeneutics and exegesis, interpreting Scripture in such a frivolous and unbridled manner.
interpretation of scriptures? that's your problem I never interpert scripture, for it is forbidden, and that's scripture, 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

instead of you both complaining, why don't you do what the scriptures say do, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

but you two cannot........ :rolleyes: YIKES!.

so complaining want do you two any Good, no matter what kind of confederacy you agree to. so as said, why not just take to facebook and twitter, where you can complain all day long..... :D

so don't be jealous, go to God and ask him to give you a revelation, instead of your own exegesis or interpertation of scriptures.... (smile).

animosity want get you two anywhere........... :( YIKES! ... lol

PICJAG

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look if you want to discuss the scripture, fine I'm game, but if you just want talk, that's what facebook and tweeter is for

It is so difficult to argue with someone who uses false arguments to make their point.

False arguments from which point of view - who's to say who is right? This is why we engage in discussion. Present your POV and expect a bit of disagreement.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
False arguments from which point of view - who's to say who is right? This is why we engage in discussion. Present your POV and expect a bit of disagreement.

Right! I have no problems with respectful discussion, but when the discussion degenerates into false arguments and belittling, it is then the time to with draw from the conversation. Know what I mean?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right! I have no problems with respectful discussion, but when the discussion degenerates into false arguments and belittling, it is then the time to with draw from the conversation. Know what I mean?
as said, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."

so if I'm in error, then it's your Job by SCRIPTURE, to point it out, it's jut that simple.

PICJAG

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no reputable textual critic who believes that 1 Tim 3:16 say 'God was manifest in the flesh', but rather, 'he who was manifest in the flesh'. Hos was mistaken for a Nomina Sacra.
As in the case of God destroying Sodom, God promised Abraham that if he found ten men who were righteous, he would not annihilate the entire city. Same is the case with Christ

If Jesus isn't "God was manifest in the flesh" (1Timothy 3:16) then please explain in detail the following...

Luke 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus is the First and the Last. He is the Alpha and the Omega...

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If Jesus isn't "God was manifest in the flesh" (1Timothy 3:16) then please explain in detail the following...

Luke 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son? [42] And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, [43] Till I make thine enemies thy footstool. [44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Jesus is the First and the Last. He is the Alpha and the Omega...

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Sorry user, i really shouldn't need to explain anything here. Not one passages says that Jesus is God, and all of them have a very natural and non-esoteric, optional way of explaining them. If you can't recognize that much at this point, then I see this clearly as being a fruitless endeavor.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry user, i really shouldn't need to explain anything here. Not one passages says that Jesus is God, and all of them have a very natural and non-esoteric, optional way of explaining them. If you can't recognize that much at this point, then I see this clearly as being a fruitless endeavor.

Whom is this speaking of...

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, God with us.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whom is this speaking of...

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

Matthew 1:23 Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, God with us.
You need to understand the various uses of El or Elohim.
You need to understand both the meaning of transcendent, and the variations of begotten.
You need to understand the use of theophory in the Bible.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to understand both the meaning of transcendent, and the variations of begotten.

Goodness. To read the Bible I must understand all of that?

Does God know about this verse?...

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Would you please be so kind as to get out your PHD and slide-ruler to explain whom is this speaking of...

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Goodness. To read the Bible I must understand all of that?

Does God know about this verse?...

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Would you please be so kind as to get out your PHD and slide-ruler to explain whom is this speaking of...

Well, unfortunately user, it doesn't require a PhD to understand that in order to justify the existence of something so enigmatic, incomprehensible, implausible and antithetical to divinity, as a god-man, you need substantially more proof-text than a verse or two that ascribe honorary titles to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ.
God, messiah, lord, almighty, apostle and angel, for example, area all expressions that have been used throughout the Bible, interchangeably, for both divine entities and human entities, spiritual beings and corporeal beings, leaders and laymen, etc...

In other words, in order to take you seriously, you have to first come out and say, 'first of all, there is neither the terms trinity, triune, god-man, incarnation, hypostatic-union, God-the-son, three-in-one, two natures, etc.. found anywhere in the Bible,...'. Secondly, not a single conversion in the New Testament took place, that used a trinitarian formula to save the convert. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Isaiah, etc.. never once prayed or exalted a triune God.

You need to get serious and stop the nonsense. Are you willing to admit that much?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in order to take you seriously, you have to first come out and say, 'first of all, there is neither the terms trinity, triune, god-man, incarnation, hypostatic-union, God-the-son, three-in-one, two natures, etc.. found anywhere in the Bible,...'. Secondly, not a single conversion in the New Testament took place, that used a trinitarian formula to save the convert. Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, David, Isaiah, etc.. never once prayed or exalted a triune God.

First, when I asked you to explain a few scriptures (Isaiah 9:6, John 1:18, Matthew 1:23), you FAILED to do so. Instead, you gave this response:

Soooo, why don't you now explain these scriptures using YOUR (supposed) "understanding" of Elohim, transcendent, begotten, and theophory.

Wait a sec, let me get some popcorn and 3D Glasses ... ok let ur rip.

Now, while waiting on that, I will tell you Jesus Christ is the one God incarnate. “In him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:9). “God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself” (II Corinthians 5:19). Jesus accepted Thomas’s confession of Him as “my Lord and my God (John 20:28-29).

Jesus is God in the Old Testament sense, that is what New Testament writers meant when they called Jesus God. Trinitarians maintain that only one of three divine persons, a second person who is called “God the Son,” came in flesh, but the Bible does not make such a claim, it simply says that God came in flesh. Jesus is not the incarnation of one person of a trinity but the incarnation of all the identity, character, and personality of the one God.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First, when I asked you to explain a few scriptures (Isaiah 9:6, John 1:18, Matthew 1:23), you FAILED to do so. Instead, you gave this response:

Soooo, why don't you now explain these scriptures using YOUR (supposed) "understanding" of Elohim, transcendent, begotten, and theophory.

Wait a sec, let me get some popcorn and 3D Glasses ... ok let ur rip.

Now, while waiting on that, I will tell you Jesus Christ is the one God incarnate. “In him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily” (Colossians 2:9). “God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself” (II Corinthians 5:19). Jesus accepted Thomas’s confession of Him as “my Lord and my God (John 20:28-29).

Jesus is God in the Old Testament sense, that is what New Testament writers meant when they called Jesus God. Trinitarians maintain that only one of three divine persons, a second person who is called “God the Son,” came in flesh, but the Bible does not make such a claim, it simply says that God came in flesh. Jesus is not the incarnation of one person of a trinity but the incarnation of all the identity, character, and personality of the one God.

Take your convoluted, implausible, antithetical, and blasphemous nonsense, elsewhere.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take your convoluted, implausible, antithetical, and blasphemous nonsense, elsewhere.

Translation = DNB cant explain nor defend his own blathering. That's unfortunate.