Omniscient-secured

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knew man was going to be a sinner, which answers to His provision for a way out of our sin—which is the Cross of Christ—His only Begotten! His desire for others to come to Him comes from the fact that He made us to be incarnate, and knew we would have a carnal, sinful nature, which is used to show us His holiness and love, so that He can make us new, and enable us to enter fellowship with Him. Not just union with Him but also fellowship (as close as we can get - Jas 4:8). He also takes in the entirety of our sins into account when we receive Him.

All this in the sight of knowing most will perish. But as it is known, “broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it” (Mat 7:13, 14). Even one lost soul is worth all the saved (Luk 15:7)!

The Book of Life is God’s record from eternity past of all who will be saved, so only those who are in it will listen to the Great Shepheard, and surely “follow” (Jhn 10:27). Those who are not His cannot even hear Him, let alone follow. They cannot know the “Way” (Acts 9:2; 22:4), since they will never hear the Way; and they will perish due to not choosing Him, instead of being ignorant of redemption. One must choose to be saved, for God will not “trespass” against a soul’s will; He doesn’t intrude, but must be asked to enter your soul (Rev 3:20; Jhn 1:12; Col 2:6). It’s very important to God that we retain our personal character, which is who we are, apart from the old man. Jesus doesn’t replace us but enjoins us!

Those who are in the Book of life will, without fail “hear” His “voice” and “follow.” They know there is no other to turn to, for they are certain that only the Lord Jesus “has the words of eternal life” (Jhn 6:68); it’s only by Him “we must be saved” (Act 4:12), and there is no other claiming to redeem souls.

The saints have been on God’s mind as long as He has been; and in His surety He knows it will be as He desires. Us eternally with Him and His holy angels, whom will be secondary to those inheriting son-ship in Christ, being the sole ones created “in His own image” (Gen 1:27). Thus, the eternal order of priority will be the Father, Son, Spirit, man and holy angels!
NC

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some believe because God is omniscient. He knows everything, even what is going to happen in the future. He knows what each person is going to do with his life, and he already knows the exact moment and manner of each person’s death. So, according to their thinking, when the time comes for an individual to make a decision, his choice cannot be other than the way God has foreseen and foreordained it; otherwise, God would not be all-knowing. This reasoning doesn't seem sound to me. Consider what this kind of reasoning would mean.

If some force has already determined your future, then trying to take care of yourself is useless. Choosing to smoke or not to smoke would make no difference to your health or that of your children. Wearing a seat belt while riding in an automobile would have no effect on your safety. But this is faulty logic. Statistics show that people who take precautions suffer fewer fatal consequences. Carelessness can result in tragedy.

Consider another line of reasoning. If God chooses to foreknow everything, then even before he made Adam and Eve, he would have known that they would disobey him. But when God told Adam that he must not eat from “the tree of the knowledge of good and bad” or he would die, did God already know that Adam would eat from it?(Genesis 2:16, 17) If God knew that Adam would eat from the forbidden tree wasn't he telling Adam something that was impossible for him to do, when God told him not to eat from the forbidden tree? I will disagree with anyone who teaches that God asks us or commands us to do something or not do something that is impossible to do. When God told the first couple: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth,” did he know that their wonderful prospect of life in a paradise was doomed to failure?(Genesis 1:28) When God stated Genesis 1:28 was that an impossible command too?

Taken to its logical conclusion, the idea that God foreknows all decisions would mean that he is responsible for all that happens, including wars, injustices, and suffering. I don't believe that sin and death is or was the will of God.

The Scriptures state that “God is love” and that he is “a lover of justice.” He has always urged his people: “Hate what is bad, and love what is good.” (1 John 4:8; Psalm 37:28; Amos 5:15) On numerous occasions he encouraged his loyal ones to choose a virtuous course. For example, when Jehovah concluded a covenant with the ancient nation of Israel, he said to them, through Moses: “I do take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you today, that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the malediction; and you must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring.” (Deuteronomy 30:19) Did God establish ahead of time the choice that those individuals would make? I don't think so.

Joshua, a leader of God’s people in ancient times, exhorted his countrymen: "Now if it seems bad to you to serve Jehovah, choose for yourselves today whom you will serve, whether the gods that your forefathers served on the other side of the River or the gods of the Amʹor·ites in whose land you are dwelling. But as for me and my household, we will serve Jehovah.”
(Joshua 24:15)
Similarly, God’s prophet Jeremiah said: “Obey, please, the voice of Jehovah in what I am speaking to you, and it will go well with you, and your soul will continue to live.” (Jeremiah 38:20) Would a just and loving God encourage people to do right in the hope of receiving a reward if he knew that they were destined to fail? I don't think so. Such encouragement would be hypocritical.

So when good or bad things happen in your life, it is not because these events are inevitable. Very often, ‘unforeseen occurrences’ are simply the consequences of other people’s decisions, whether wise or unwise. (Ecclesiastes 9:11) No, your future is not planned out before you, and your own decisions determine what your everlasting future will be.

So I disagree that God knew Adam would eat from the forbidden tree before he told Adam not to eat from the forbidden tree.
So I also don't believe that God created an angel who he knew would be Satan the Devil before he created that angel. That would mean that God seen all that would happen before he created that angel who became Satan the Devil. I don't believe it was God's purpose or will for sin and death to be part of his purpose or plan. God is love, how could sin and death be part of God's plan, or purpose. God didn't want Adam to sin so God didn't want Adam to die.