Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked if you are Baptist because I don't know of any other OSASers.

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)

22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

I know of many! I was an OSAS while I was still Catholic. I learned it just by reading the Epistles. But there are several flavors of Baptists that believe they can sin their way our of salvation. So SAd. For that means Jesus didn't die for all their sins if it was true- which Praise God it is not!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already addressed that umpteen times.
So you don't ask to be forgiven of your sins? You don't obey Jesus?
Luke 11:2-4 (NKJV)
2 So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.3 Give us day by day our daily bread.4 And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Questions can contain lies. OSASers practice this because they can never lose their salvation.

Okay...kcnalp lesson on OSAS believers practices...LOL

Amazing how you think yourself an expert on something you don't understand or believe....

LOL..LOL..LOL

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay...kcnalp lesson on OSAS believers practices...LOL

Amazing how you think yourself an expert on something you don't understand or believe....

LOL..LOL..LOL
Wow another lie! I don't see how lying is "LOL" funny.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know of many! I was an OSAS while I was still Catholic. I learned it just by reading the Epistles. But there are several flavors of Baptists that believe they can sin their way our of salvation. So SAd. For that means Jesus didn't die for all their sins if it was true- which Praise God it is not!

"Can sin their way out of salvation"?

WEIRD.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very interesting. I would like to hear more. I honestly didn't know of any OSASers besides Baptists.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 3:1,3
[1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. [3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

And here’s what being dead is all about according to scripture:

Romans 6:1-2
[1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? [2] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Are you following?

Let's keep reading . . .

Romans 6:1-8 KJV
1) What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2) God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8) Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

This raised with Him, having died, it's right here ^

If you've been immersed into Christ's death, you have a new life in His resurrection.

Ephesians 2:4-6 KJV
4) But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

We have been raised with Christ, having died in Him, and if this is true of us, then what's written in Colossians will also be true, we will appear with Him in glory.

Because a born again believer who will appear with Christ in glory is further described here:

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin

2 Corinthians 5:17
...if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Study and reading makes you wise unto salvation:

2 Timothy 3:15
And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Of course all these are true.

This is how God can give us this assurance. We are reborn righteous. We are recreated new. Scripture tells us about our lives, and who we've become.

I'm happy to discuss any of these passages with you.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Can sin their way out of salvation"?

WEIRD.
Anyone who says they they, having been reborn, can then become unreborn, that's what they are in effect saying, that they can sin their way out of salvation.

Obviously anything that would separate us from God would be sin. So whatever flavor of "temporary eternal life" someone promotes, that's what it is.

God reconciled us to Himself in spite of our sins, and while we were till unrepentant enemies.

Having received the reconcilitions and having been reborn God's Own spirit childre, some would have us to believe that those sins may again separate us from God?

Makes no sense to me!

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

DEAF? Already did ask the Lord for forgiveness.

DEAF? ALready received HIS FOGIVENESS.

DEAF? Already Converted.

DEAF? Converted person receives Gods Spirit.

DEAF? Gods Spirit is POWER.

DEAF? NOTHING...NOTHING...is Greater than GODS POWER.

DEAF? I can not SIN, (ANY MORE)...GODS POWER PREVENTS me FROM SINNING.

DEAF? FREED FROM SIN.

DEAF? Are you STILL without understanding?

Sheesh!

2 So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.3 Give us day by day our daily bread.4 And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.

No I do not use the rewritten version of Scripture, that teaches to repeatedly ask the Lord for what He has already given me.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow another lie! I don't see how lying is "LOL" funny.

No one said lying is funny....
Its your false accusations that are funny.

And BTW its your sore lacking of understanding that is very sad.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said lying is funny....
Its your false accusations that are funny.

And BTW its your sore lacking of understanding that is very sad.
2 So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.3 Give us day by day our daily bread.4 And forgive us our sins,

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who says they they, having been reborn, can then become unreborn, that's what they are in effect saying, that they can sin their way out of salvation.

Obviously anything that would separate us from God would be sin. So whatever flavor of "temporary eternal life" someone promotes, that's what it is.

God reconciled us to Himself in spite of our sins, and while we were till unrepentant enemies.

Having received the reconcilitions and having been reborn God's Own spirit childre, some would have us to believe that those sins may again separate us from God?

Makes no sense to me!

Much love!

Sin is AGAINST GOD...
and ONLY God can forgive SIN.
Men Trespass Against men.
Men are told to forgive men their Trespasses.

Men who claim they WERE SAVED, and then Reject God...were Never Saved (as if they fooled the All knowing God) pfft.

When a man Confesses Belief...God already knows if he is lying....or if it is heartful truth.
If a LIE, they have LIED to the Holy Spirit...
Already doomed.

MOST disgusting is the Pastors coming out, confessing "THEY NEVER BELIEVED"... what a cunning trick they have played on their congregation...

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: marks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a Christian. Are you?

I am precisely a Converted, Forgiven, Saved and Born Again Christian.

The single term "Christian" lacks meaning it once held...Sort like society is despertly trying to destroy the meaning of marriage.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am precisely a Converted, Forgiven, Saved and Born Again Christian.

The single term "Christian" lacks meaning it once held...Sort like society is despertly trying to destroy the meaning of marriage.
So you refuse to call yourself Christian? This Forum is for "Christians only". Christians are not ashamed to say they are Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.