Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What would impress me, not that that matters, but still, what would impress me would be if you were to accurately and fairly articulate what @Blood Bought 1953 actually teaches, in such a manner that he would himself say, yes, you understand what he is saying.

I find significant difference between the views he expresses as his, and what you express as his views.

Much love!
I know what I'm reading. I'm not blind. But this is not the first time someone denies saying what they most assuredly said.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s advice I know that I need......but there is also a thing called “ Righteous Anger”.....and Tares make me Angry.....that “ anger” comes from God......I need to find a better balance, perhaps .....I am already much aware of that and I pray about it often....every time I come in here , I try to be “ nice”, Believe it or not.....witnessing the Gospel Perversions I see in here, I can’t help but get angry....God is angry too .....don’t forget that as you pray for me....
I had issues with others on the forums and would be provoked to anger and would have to log off and go pray for awhile. Finally I asked God to help me have the kind of compassion to debate and defend the truth without being a stumbling block myself. I prayed to be free from a spirit of offense and to trust Him to send His Holy Spirit into their lives to open their eyes.
It is the Word that has power to change lives along with the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
Some plant, others water, but it is God who gives the increase.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are so many of your posts that I want to like and then you say something awful and I can't.
Me, too. He knows the gospel of grace quite well. Problem is he's been mislead into a 'hyper' grace version of the grace gospel. One where you can even stop believing and you are still saved.

Bottom line is, though, if he had not exaggerated his walk with Christ on both, the good and the bad sides, we could still be discussing the fundamental issue we are in disagreement about, which is I firmly resist this new Osas that says you don't even have to continue to believe to remain saved. He says that's how super abounding grace is. No, grace does not cover willfully rejecting Christ.

Reactions: Corlove13

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what I'm reading. I'm not blind. But this is not the first time someone denies saying what they most assuredly said.
All right, show me the post where he says you can go back to not trusting God and still be saved. I want to see the context, because we all have many inconsistencies we don’t see we have and my guess would be if he actually said that then he also elsewhere says the opposite.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay I see how you view it. I view it rather as...I had not received because I had not yet asked because I had not given up on trying to do it in my own power yet and still didn’t quite believe yet that I was as weak and awful as I truly am.
The hard truth (I believe) is that no matter how much we mature in Christ, until we are perfected (whatever that means to a person), it's not a matter of whether we are messed up or not, but more like how much and in what manner are we messed up and what are we doing about it. Hopefully the big picture is that we are drawing nearer and nearer to Christ, no matter how many times we stumble. God's ideal and ultimate goal for us is complete restoration to His image, but what He first needs is commitment and consecration. None of this can be accomplished apart from Him. That's a mouthful, I know. And probably heresy to some. :eek::rolleyes:o_O

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had issues with others on the forums and would be provoked to anger and would have to log off and go pray for awhile. Finally I asked God to help me have the kind of compassion to debate and defend the truth without being a stumbling block myself. I prayed to be free from a spirit of offense and to trust Him to send His Holy Spirit into their lives to open their eyes.
It is the Word that has power to change lives along with the conviction of the Holy Spirit.
Some plant, others water, but it is God who gives the increase.
After many years of forum discussions I don't get uptight because I know they aren't resisting me, they're resisting God. I mean in the things that there is no debate possible......like unbelievers being saved.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their righteousness was impeccable outwardly. And I believe that Jesus is saying that we need to have an inward righteousness that is impeccable. We need to cleanse the inside of the cup and platter.

This cannot be accomplished by trying harder; but it must be received as the gift of God through faith.

most excellent!

Reactions: justbyfaith

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After many years of forum discussions I don't get uptight because I know they aren't resisting me, they're resisting God. I mean in the things that there is no debate possible......like unbelievers being saved.
Good, that's how we should be. We need to be sowers of His Truth...always planting seed with love.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All right, show me the post where he says you can go back to not trusting God and still be saved. I want to see the context, because we all have many inconsistencies we don’t see we have and my guess would be if he actually said that then he also elsewhere says the opposite.
You could do that just as easily as me. You know how, right? Or you could just ask him. I think he's honest enough to mostly stick to what he's been saying. Now I know people who believe his version of Osas that won't do that and will outright lie to your face that they didn't say something. Then they'll flip flop back to their original argument and start pushing their teaching again. I don't think he'll do that, so I think you can just ask him what he says about that.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are simply waiting for him to respond to my question as to what he believes on the matter. I believe that that will be the most telling thing.

Although he lied about his $1,000 challenge...I don't think that he is that much of a liar...

He would be exposed as a liar the moment he begins again to teach what he really believes.

Status
Not open for further replies.