Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu close you eyes and stick verses together in the darkness, and then you say..>"see, im a teacher".
I do not claim to be a "teacher". My spiritual gift is "the word of wisdom". And I also function as an evangelist.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
If that is what the doctrine of OSAS is, then I am not in agreement with it.

My view on that matter is somewhat like this, one who had been saved by God, will be kept by God and He will not lose him/her. As God had worked out to save him, He will work out to keep him.
We need to be careful, though. Someone says, "You believe you will be saved no matter how you behave", there is the one sense, that rebirth changes us. But there is the other sense, somehow if you see bad behavior in yourself, it must mean you aren't saved.

Salvation is by grace through faith, and is not a result of our works, of course, so then, neither good works result in the gain of salvation, nor bad works result in the loss of salvation.

We are reborn, which is forever, and THEN go on to do our works, because we've been reborn, indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

It's not about our works. We are His workmanship!

Of course I know you know these things!

Much love!
Yes I know Eph. 2:8-10.

And yes, it’s not about works. So when speaking of salvation, works should not be mixed into it, as it is not about works of man. Doing so is a dangerous thing which have been shown to result in many a false and deceptive doctrines.

Tong
R2751

Reactions: marks

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Condition 1 is, "You've become a partaker of Christ".
This is not a simple action 'aorist' verb. This is a 'perfect' tense verb. Google what the means and then run your numbers again using that information. You'll see it means what I'm saying not what you're saying.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, I think that if having faith in Christianity ever becomes too hard for me, I will depart from the faith; knowing that I will continue to be saved according to your theology.

What say you to this?
?

I think that your question proves you are performing a fool's errand for the devil on this forum, everyday you are here.

I say that your theolgy of "water + works" and your need for people's approval, explains why you live on this forum like its your life.
Perhaps you should get a real life, instead.
Thats what i think.
I think also, that there are just a few of you Cross Deniers, in favor of Self Righteousness, left here...... who are trying to harm the faith of real believer's, and there will come a day that this will change, suddenly.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I do not claim to be a "teacher". My spiritual gift is "the word of wisdom". And I also function as an evangelist.

Well, you functioned as a teacher, a few months ago when you were telling me you were a "teacher' and the "pastor of this forum".
So, whatever you come up with next, as your revised ministry, no doubt, will be whatever you decided next.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Of course that is the reason why the anointing teaches us to abide (1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:27).

Jesus, the Holy Spirit, is the "Abiding", and if He is in us, and we are "in Christ' then its one and the same.

I know you can't understand this, but, thats not my fault, as God know's ive explained it to you enough.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We sure see people who professed and claimed, and even were baptized, to be believers, to be Christians, who later becomes Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, atheists, or in general, become unbelievers in Jesus Christ. But my view is this, that the true Christians do not belong to those who shrink back unto unbelief, but to those who have faith and are truly saved.

Tong
R2747

This reminds me a verse many people just skip over when they are reading Hebrews as if it condemned the children of God.

Hebrews 6:3-9 KJV
3) And this will we do, if God permit.
4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think also, that there are just a few of you Cross Deniers, in favor of Self Righteousness, left here...... who are trying to harm the faith of real believer's, and there will come a day that this will change, suddenly.

Those of us whom you term "Cross deniers" (while we are not denying the Cross) will soon be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

So, those who are left behind will stay behind to cap off these message boards with heresy that will form the "one-world religion" of the last days.

I don't doubt that you will be around in that day to preach your version of the gospel.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again confused . . . is it your diligence? Or is it God's promise?

Much love!
Both.

Diligence in making my calling and election sure is the condition for the promise that I shall never fall; according to that scripture (2 Peter 1:10).

And I am only pulling out from the text what it is saying here.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not a simple action 'aorist' verb. This is a 'perfect' tense verb. Google what the means and then run your numbers again using that information. You'll see it means what I'm saying not what you're saying.

I always wonder why someone bothers to respond to a post, without actually responding to the content. It makes me wonder if you've ever read what you are replying to.

This is not a simple action 'aorist' verb. This is a 'perfect' tense verb.

Are you remembering that this is what I've pointed out to you so many times?

Re-read my post if you will. Or ignore it if you will.

Your deflections bore me.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those of us whom you term "Cross deniers" (while we are not denying the Cross) will soon be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.

So, those who are left behind will stay behind to cap off these message boards with heresy that will form the "one-world religion" of the last days.

I don't doubt that you will be around in that day to preach your version of the gospel.

This post should be reported for it's rules violation, however, I'll simply mention it to you.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This reminds me a verse many people just skip over when they are reading Hebrews as if it condemned the children of God.

Hebrews 6:3-9 KJV
3) And this will we do, if God permit.
4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
9) But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
Much love!

See these 2 verses you posted......

= Next Sunday morning, in thousand of Churches, you have people who are hearing the Gospel and the anointing of God is in the room and its convicting them..

This is how you 'tasted the good word of God."
Reader, do you remember when you tasted it, and trusted in Christ?
They dont.

And yet, these, next Sunday, will RESIST the call to come to the Cross.
They stand or sit there there, gripping the pew, white knuckled, heart pounding, sweating, as the power of the world to come is all over them...

and they keep on RESISTING.., just like those Hebrews did in Chapters 6 and 10 and in Acts 28.

That is how you fall away, every SUNDAY, during "Alter Call".
And over time, that CALL, that gift from Heaven, that anointed preaching of the Word......= your heart becomes dull to hear it over time, as that is the spiritual dulling of your ability of : "faith comes BY Hearing".

And one day, their heart cant ever hear it again.....and they can NEVER BE RENEWED AGAIN UNTO REPENTANCE..... as they have crossed the line and can never go back.
Their heart is lost and God's call is quenched, and they have now inside of them a SEARED CONSCIENCE.
There is no hope for them, once they are become this one.

This is interesting because, all are born disconnected from God, but each has the innate capacity to become Gods.
But this one.....who has allowed the dulling of their spiritual hearing to become DEAF, is passed into a "no way back" situation.

The same that happened to those Christ Rejecting Hebrews, in Chapter 6 and 10, and in Acts 28, is the same spiritual Opera that plays out next Sunday in thousands of Churches, worldwide.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This post should be reported for it's rules violation, however, I'll simply mention it to you.

Much love!
Rev 2:2, I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

Status
Not open for further replies.