One giant leap

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I'm nearing credentialing as a minister to where I can officially preform marriage rites, funeral rites, and lead communion. I have inquired about a position as a lay pastor, and yet fear myself to be dreadfully inadequate. Please pray with me for the LORD to bar the doors i'm not supposed to be going through and open the ones that He wills.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I'm nearing credentialing as a minister to where I can officially preform marriage rites, funeral rites, and lead communion. I have inquired about a position as a lay pastor, and yet fear myself to be dreadfully inadequate. Please pray with me for the LORD to bar the doors i'm not supposed to be going through and open the ones that He wills.
Is this like a denominational ordination? (Just curious.)

Praying that God puts you where you need to be, and supplies what you need where you yourself may be inadequate.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The experience of an individual & individuals is an illusory experience of believing thoughts, and is not, an an experience of an individual or individuals. Analogously, ‘individual’ is a conceptual dream within an an apparent dream, like a mirage is “in” a desert.

Were I in your shoes, I would not suppress the fear felt; I would listen most intently to it, therein understanding precisely why it is felt.

To be without the fear is to first feel wholly into it.

For what good is the blind leading the blind in communion?
This is a leading away from truth to aggrandize a nonexistent individual or individuals.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The experience of an individual & individuals is an illusory experience of believing thoughts, and is not, an an experience of an individual or individuals. Analogously, ‘individual’ is a conceptual dream within an an apparent dream, like a mirage is “in” a desert.

Were I in your shoes, I would not suppress the fear felt; I would listen most intently to it, therein understanding precisely why it is felt.

To be without the fear is to first feel wholly into it.

For what good is the blind leading the blind in communion?
This is a leading away from truth to aggrandize a nonexistent individual or individuals.
Have you been listening to Alan watts

What does this even actually mean

1. That's not what he asked for
2. Isn't part of fellowship for the sake of building up one another and providing encouragement?
3. How would you even know about any persons character from based off an assumption from a paragraph on the internet?

There is something called "imposter syndrome." @SERVANTedu preaches very well and has a very good heart. He doesn't need discouragement, he needs community.

So.

There

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you been listening to Alan watts
No.

What does this even actually mean
This is meaningless.

1. That's not what he asked for
This is already what’s asked for.

2. Isn't part of fellowship for the sake of building up one another and providing encouragement?
Building up one another in aversion & suppression of emotion is not building up one another in truth, and is therein not a fellowship at all.

Fear is not the wind, it need not be a mystery as to precisely why it’s felt. Like all experience, there is only to inspect the direct experience of it To understand.

It illuminates the very ’way’; it is what’s asked for.

When fully allowed it transmuted bearing wisdom, authentic sincerity, empathy, compassion and inevitably, truth.

3. How would you even know about any persons character from based off an assumption from a paragraph on the internet?
By knowing thy self, as it were.

There is something called "imposter syndrome." @SERVANTedu preaches very well and has a very good heart. He doesn't need discouragement, he needs community.

So.

There
Discouragement is an emotion which yields much fruit as well.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

This is meaningless.

This is already what’s asked for.

Building up one another in aversion & suppression of emotion is not building up one another in truth, and is therein not a fellowship at all.

Fear is not the wind, it need not be a mystery as to precisely why it’s felt. Like all experience, there is only to inspect the direct experience of it To understand.

It illuminates the very ’way’; it is what’s asked for.

When fully allowed it transmuted bearing wisdom, authentic sincerity, empathy, compassion and inevitably, truth.

By knowing thy self, as it were.

Discouragement is an emotion which yields much fruit as well.
Okay.

I don't understand much of what you said. Just being honest. But I think people judge too quickly online.

I know @SERVANTedu personally - in person. I know what his anxiety is about, but regardless, I don't believe we should put total faith into our emotions.

"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"

I wouldn't encourage anyone to dwell on their anxiety but instead look to God.

He isn't depending on us, we're not depending on ourselves, we're depending on Him.

Psalm 118:14

The LORD (not feelings) is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation.

Reactions: SERVANTedu

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay.

I don't understand much of what you said. Just being honest. But I think people judge too quickly online.

I know @SERVANTedu personally - in person. I know what his anxiety is about, but regardless, I don't believe we should put total faith into our emotions.

"The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?"

I wouldn't encourage anyone to dwell on their anxiety but instead look to God.

He isn't depending on us, we're not depending on ourselves, we're depending on Him.

Psalm 118:14

The LORD (not feelings) is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation.
If you have any questions about what’s being said feel free to ask.

What you’ve shared here seems quite accusatory. Neither he nor I mentioned anxiety, and there was no suggestion or encouragement to dwell on anything. There was also no suggestion to put total faith in our emotions. Nor was there any suggestion of strength or defense being or coming from feelings.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Sometimes the best response is to remain silent. Do not allow yourself to be dragged down into other people's worm hole. You will get lost in all of the twists and turns of the worm hole.

Just let God deal with these people.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes it is actually. . . AG I'm actually concerned about intellectual integrity issues when it comes to the interview.

May the Lord draw you further into His Loving Embrace and purposes for your life and His blessing just for you.

The best way to answer integrity issues within an interviewing environment is to hit the pause button first, and mull over the response with God that you should give, before you speak. That way you hold onto your integrity and position in Christ.

May the Lord give you the wisdom to live the Life that He has called you too.

Shalom

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Smith Wigglesworth was an English Plumber who became a great man of God. So ignorant was Smith Wigglesworth that he only learned to read after he married Polly; she taught him to read the Bible. He often stated that it was the only book he ever read, and did not permit newspapers in his home, preferring the Bible to be their only reading material. And... What a ministry! Along with a long 87 year life...

Reactions: DuckieLady

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Integrity is the essence of honestly & truth. Wholeness.
There is no way around it, and therein fear is felt, and rightfully so.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So I'm nearing credentialing as a minister to where I can officially preform marriage rites, funeral rites, and lead communion.
May I ask why you think any Christian minister needs "credentialing"? Who told us that there is to be "clergy" and "laity" distinctions?

In the first century, what "credentials" did Jesus apostles have?
Did Jesus choose his apostles from among the "credentialed" and educated Jews?
Why did he purposely choose uneducated men.....and why was he himself not "credentialed" in the eyes of the Jews who were?
I have inquired about a position as a lay pastor, and yet fear myself to be dreadfully inadequate.
Is being a "Pastor" (or shepherd) what the churches indicate that it should be.....someone with a theological degree, authorized to perform marriages or funerals etc....or is becoming a "shepherd" something much more important than a piece of paper?
I ask because I see so many here asking for prayers as if God is some kind of genie in the sky, only there to grant their wishes.

Those chosen for positions of responsibility in the first century congregations, needed spiritual qualifications in order to teach others. Those qualifications never required attending a school for pastors. They studied the scriptures along with others of like mind in their congregations, where they were all well known....and they stuck to what Christ taught without adding anything. It was the churches who added a "clergy" class and made the distinction of "laity"......not Jesus.

Matt 23:6-12....In condemning the Pharisees, Jesus said....
"They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats in the synagogues 7 and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called Rabbi by men. 8 But you, do not you be called Rabbi, for one is your Teacher, and all of you are brothers. 9 Moreover, do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One. 10 Neither be called leaders, for your Leader is one, the Christ. 11 But the greatest one among you must be your minister. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

A "minister" is simply another word for a "servant". Even corrupt men in politics are called" ministers" in my country.

These 'servants' were not distinguished by their distinctive garments or by their titles, but by their spiritual qualifications and adherence to Bible principles in their everyday life. They were recommended for positions of service because they qualified in life, not just on paper.

Can you see Jesus in any of these pictures? Is this what being a "clergyman" means? It does in Christendom....but it doesn't to God.
Was Jesus identified by his distinctive clothing? If so, why did Judas need to identify him with a kiss?

Sorry to intrude on your thread, but I just wondered why you felt inadequate...?

1672706123083.png 1672706235375.png 1672706543719.png 1672706144442.png

Reactions: Nancy

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is actually. . . AG I'm actually concerned about intellectual integrity issues when it comes to the interview.
Can you elaborate on that? Do you have issues with some of your denomination's doctrinal stances? You wouldn't be the first ordination candidate to be in that position, and you won't be the last.

My own take is that if the subject comes up, be completely honest and transparent about it. You might as well. I suppose we could pray that you become a skillful liar... Nah. God wouldn't like that. ;)

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking can’t resolve emotional discord.
Only feeling the message of he emotion can.
To be without fear is to have embraced & felt it fully.
Great wisdom lies within.
The Truth of “fear”, and “emotions”.