One God has spoken

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Simon Peter said to Jesus "You are the son of God" and Jesus said "yup"..:) (Matthew 16:13:17)

and Thomas said to Jesus... You are my '"Lord and My God."""

And the reason the Jesus didn't correct him, is ... = why would God correct the Truth?

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m not denying the fact that God is with Jesus , that does not make Jesus God or we would have 2 Gods and scriptures are clear that there is only 1 God . Find a verse that says Jesus is God , or even better Jesus saying he is God , or God saying Jesus is himself . I know they don’t exist so don’t bother trying to find them .
Have you come to this understanding by reading your bible alone or have you done bible studies with others who have the same point of view?
I have already quoted number of those scriptures so guess what, they do actually exist. Both God the Father and Jesus, God the Son claim to be the begining and the end. Jesus said he saw Satan fall from heaven. So he was there at the start. The bible tells us that through Jesus all things were created.

Have you never seen these scriptures? Or if you have they obviously have a different meaning than they do to Spirit filled believers.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

And the reason the Jesus didn't correct him, is ... = why would God correct the Truth?
Absolutely true.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all should know when Jesus said in John 8. And many places for example v42 for I proceeded forth and came from God ; neither came I of myself , but he sent me .
Now read Isaiah 44.24
Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone , that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself . Jesus never spoke like this ever , he always acknowledged God as his father also . Was Jesus formed in a womb ? Was Jesus with the father before the world also spiritually ? Yes but he was with God and not the Very God himself or Jesus would have said so , as God himself has said many many times like this verse in Isaiah.
So God is with Jesus , that does not make Jesus God , can a creation be creator or one formed in the womb be creator . Not according to Jesus . Or The father who is God alone.
Philippians 2:10-11

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Son of GOD and not GOD himself , only 1 God but you seem to avoid that fact .

In Revelation, they worship the Lamb and we are only to worship God. So not only did Jesus not correct the disciple who called Him God, but in heaven, God allows worship of someone other than Himself and doesn’t correct it either…? You seem to avoid that fact.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tomas called Jesus My God and Jesus did not confirm it ,
If you acknowledge that Thomas called Jesus "My God", and you realize that Jesus did not deny this statement, then either He is God, or He sinned by receiving glory and worship due only to God.

Plain and simple. As are all the statements by which we know Jesus is in fact God Himself, YHWH.

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In Revelation, they worship the Lamb and we are only to worship God. So not only did Jesus not correct the disciple who called Him God, but in heaven, God allows worship of someone other than Himself and doesn’t correct it either…? You seem to avoid that fact.
Brilliant point there.

Reactions: marks

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you acknowledge that Thomas called Jesus "My God", and you realize that Jesus did not deny this statement, then either He is God, or He sinned by receiving glory and worship due only to God.

Plain and simple. As are all the statements by which we know Jesus is in fact God Himself, YHWH.

Much love!
That’s a lame remark , how do you know Jesus did not correct him , we know he did not commend him .

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Much love!

that’s an assumption on your part , sorry let’s see some solid verses that can not be mistaken like In Isaiah many times , but you refuse to acknowledge them , why ?

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

How do you know Jesus did not correct him ? He may have done it another time , but you must acknowledge Jesus did not commend Thomas like Peter he did , you are grasping at straws …

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you come to this understanding by reading your bible alone or have you done bible studies with others who have the same point of view?
I have already quoted number of those scriptures so guess what, they do actually exist. Both God the Father and Jesus, God the Son claim to be the begining and the end. Jesus said he saw Satan fall from heaven. So he was there at the start. The bible tells us that through Jesus all things were created.

Have you never seen these scriptures? Or if you have they obviously have a different meaning than they do to Spirit filled believers.
Hardly, God has no problem saying he is God and no others , that’s a real stretch on your part . Again if you understand that God is father of all then it makes perfect sense , you people can’t tell the difference between the father and Son . Ask you child if they can tell the difference? when Jesus called God his father , what part of that statement do you not understand? Ask you child for clarification if need be . Deception is a powerful thing …

Reactions: Aunty Jane

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but you refuse to acknowledge them , why ?

The thing is . . . you are following after a whole lot of people with this same poor discussion style, and I'm just not interested in pursuing this if that's how you choose to act.

Much love!

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do understand but still don't get your take on it. I agree that Jesus is God's son. But not just a mere man - he was supernaturally conceived and was without sin. Not just that he never sinned but that he was actually completely without sin.

So many people accept untruths because they can't get their heads around the enormity of Jesus being God. But looking at God logically will never get you to the truth of things. We have to accept the truths - even seemingly impossible ones - in our hearts by the Spirit and not in our minds through logic.

But I wish you well.
Who said Jesus is a mere man ? That’s your false teaching kicking in again . Jesus is not God and Jesus is not a mere man . He is the Son of God that is neither . Go by the scriptures, not mens ideas of scriptures.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That’s a lame remark , how do you know Jesus did not correct him , we know he did not commend him .
Jesus later corrected Peter for denying him remember, Jesus said nothing at the time , but he did fire warn Peter , and he also told the disciples he would rise again beforehand.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The lamb is worthy to be worshipped, not sure how you got off track !