One God has spoken

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who said Jesus is a mere man ? That’s your false teaching kicking in again . Jesus is not God and Jesus is not a mere man . He is the Son of God that is neither . Go by the scriptures, not mens ideas of scriptures.
Well he is God not man and compared to God being just a
Who said Jesus is a mere man ? That’s your false teaching kicking in again . Jesus is not God and Jesus is not a mere man . He is the Son of God that is neither . Go by the scriptures, not mens ideas of scriptures.
Well he is both God and man.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is getting silly as far as I’m concerned, deception is a terrible thing !
It so is and I pray that you see the truth and no longer be decieved by the teachings of 'mere men'.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well he is God not man and compared to God being just a

Well he is both God and man.
Hey ever heard of the Son of God ? God is not a man by the way have you not read the OT ? Hosea 11.9 and other places do a search before making statements.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The lamb is worthy to be worshipped, not sure how you got off track !
Both God the Father and God the Son are the begining and the end. How can that be if Jesus is not God.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lol that’s funny to me !
Well keep laughing. Because I stand firmly on the Rock.

You have said you are a Christian but not a JW so are you willing to share your denomination?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How anybody can read and re-read John 1:1-3 and still not be convinced that jesus is God incarnate I can not imagine. Not to mention:

John 1:4-5 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

How can a mere man accomlish this?
How 'bout verse 10? That's one I just recently noticed is very significant in this debate and is largely overlooked by those defending Jesus' Divinity.

John 1:10 speaks of somebody who was physically in the world, somebody who made the world and who was rejected by men in the world. Only God can create a world, yet this verse is plainly speaking of Jesus Christ.

ETA: In the KJV, it says "made BY Him", not through Him.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t understand it either. They grab onto some verses and don’t see others, so they become like a cake not turned, a half baked cake. They see all verses about His humanity and cannot see all verses about His divinity. It’s a…partial blindness.
You know a lot of them are intentionally blind - leading men astray on purpose.

Some have been blinded by God through the devil.
2 Corinthians 4:4
Isaiah 44:18

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry I do not see it like that. And no other Christian I have ever met denied the FACT that Jesus is God in human form.
Appeal to Majority. I only met Christians who realize Jesus is the Son of God.

Appeal to Subjectivism. It is not a matter of how to see something, with you seeing it from a different perspective. @Justbobg asked for a single verse that directly says he is God, like it directly says he is the son of God. Put up, or be quiet with your perspective.

Reactions: Justbobg

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And another disciple said, my Lord and my God, and Jesus didn’t correct him.
No need to. NOTICE how this other disciple did not express a sentence, like Peter, you are the son of God? One does not offset the other. Peter's statement is a declarative statement of fact. Thomas expressed an exclamation - with no verb, no sentence equating to "you are God."

When I drop my toast, butter side down, I utter an exclamation. However, I am not literally claiming my toast is feces. :D

Reactions: Justbobg

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:10 speaks of somebody who was physically in the world, somebody who made the world and who was rejected by men in the world. Only God can create a world, yet this verse is plainly speaking of Jesus Christ.

ETA: In the KJV, it says "made BY Him", not through Him.
Relying on a bad translation shows how weak your argument is.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well keep laughing. Because I stand firmly on the Rock.

You have said you are a Christian but not a JW so are you willing to share your denomination?
Jesus is the head of my church and God is Jesus head , and the women are silent , in obedience to the commandments of the Lord . Thanks for asking !

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Simon Peter said to Jesus "You are the son of God" and Jesus said "yup"..:) (Matthew 16:13:17)
And another disciple said, my Lord and my God, and Jesus didn’t correct him.
One verse does not negate another verse.
Jesus was not lying when He said He was the Son of God.
Jesus was also not lying when He said, before Abraham was, I AM.

Some scriptures can be interpreted any way people want, that's why I always stick to scriptures that are so plain that they can't be misinterpreted such as when Jesus said-
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Appeal to Majority. I only met Christians who realize Jesus is the Son of God.

Appeal to Subjectivism. It is not a matter of how to see something, with you seeing it from a different perspective. @Justbobg asked for a single verse that directly says he is God, like it directly says he is the son of God. Put up, or be quiet with your perspective.

So Pearl…are you going to be quiet as he commanded you? Oh wait, Pearl can’t hear you, she’s on a rooftop over there. :D

Reactions: Pearl

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the head of my church and God is Jesus head , and the women are silent , in obedience to the commandments of the Lord . Thanks for asking !

Ah…okay so all three are from the same sect of lawyers.
Guess the “no longer male or female, slave or free” verse isnt plain enough to them so they speculate it away too.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know a lot of them are intentionally blind - leading men astray on purpose.

Some have been blinded by God through the devil.
2 Corinthians 4:4
Isaiah 44:18

I’ve struggled with that a bit over the years. I don’t think they are intentionally blind. I think they were born that way, just as I was, and…then satan manipulates them and manipulates the men who indoctrinated them. Its a hard thing to grapple with to wonder why He gives one man his sight and not another man, frees one man and leaves another a prisoner.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you acknowledge that Thomas called Jesus "My God", and you realize that Jesus did not deny this statement, then either He is God, or He sinned by receiving glory and worship due only to God.

Exactly.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you are ashamed to tell us the fellowship you belong to, now that is suspicious. It sound like you are not a brother in Christ.