"One of those days" in Luke

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Luke 20:1
And it came to pass, that ON ONE OF THOSE DAYS, as he taught the people in the temple, and preached the gospel, the chief priests and the scribes came upon him with the elders, 2And spake unto him, saying, Tell us, by what authority doest thou THESE THINGS? or WHO IS HE that gave Thee, This Authority? 3And he answered and said unto them, I will also ask you one thing; and answer me: 4The baptism of John [MOSES], was it from heaven, or of men? 5And they reasoned with themselves, saying, If we shall say, From heaven; he will say, Why then believed ye him not? 6But and if we say, Of men; all the people will stone us: for they BEING persuaded [they KNEW] that John was a prophet [LIKE MOSES]. 7And they answered, that they could not tell whence it was. 8And Jesus said unto them, Neither tell I you by what authority I do these things.

Luke is being (regrettably) translated as though speaking generally and indiscriminately of “those days, at night He went out”, while it is the opposite, and specific: “on one of Those Days”–, “Those Days” of the Passover of Yahweh, while actually Luke directly and virtually literally implies the Passover in

Exodus 12:42b “That Is The Selfsame Night”-ἐκείνη ἡ Νὺξ Αὕτη:

To-Be-Much-Observed προφυλακὴ unto the LORD Κυρίῳ for bringing them out ὥστε ἐξαγαγεῖν αὐτοὺς: This is That Night of the LORD to be observed”–

= John 19:39a This That First Night ΝΥΚΤὸΣ Τὸ ΠΡῶΤΟΝ.

Luke is also (regrettably) being translated as were he generally and indiscriminately remarking–, “Luke 21:37abode in the mount”, while actually Luke directly and virtually literally implies the Passover in

Exodus 12:18 “by ordinance (of Yahweh)”

= Matthew 21:17lodged=slept in sheepfold

= Exodus 12:3 “a lamb taken-out-and-penned-from-the-sheep”.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Good study of prophecy fulfilled. Do you know the significance of the fourteenth day and the twenty-first day and the seven days?
Josephus correctly said passover was a feast of eight days. And so was feast of tabernacles. The first day was practically and literally "the first day: prepare!"---for of course the following seven days of actual staying in the booths. The passover was no different. The fourteenth was, and was called, "the Preparation Of the Passover"---"when they always had to KILL the passover"---for of course the following seven days of actual EATING / FEASTING on ulb.

NOTHING MYSTERIOUS

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josephus correctly said passover was a feast of eight days. And so was feast of tabernacles. The first day was practcally and literally "the first day: prepare!"---for of course the following seven days of actual staying in the booths. The passover was no different. The fourteenth was, and was called, "the Preparation Of the Passover"---"when they always had to KILL the passover"---for of course the following seven days of actual EATING / FEASTING on ulb.

NOTHING MYSTERIOUS

"NOTHING MYSTERIOUS?" --That is not what the scriptures say:

but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.

You almost said it, saying "the Preparation Of the Passover", but apparently do not fully understand. "Fourteen", "Twenty-One", and "Seven" in Excodus 12 refer to the same timing as "a time, times, and half a time" and also the three days of Christ (three sevens), saying, "I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected." The mystery is this:

Each of these sayings point to and describes the entire plan of God for salvation from Beginning to End (the fulness of Christ). The term "seven" is synonymous with "time" and also with "God." There are two times (fourteen) appointed to the flesh, one time (seven) appointed to the spirit, and all of time (seven days of creation) "divided" which are appointed to salvation (or twenty-one total).

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You almost said it, saying "the Preparation Of the Passover", but apparently do not fully understand. "Fourteen", "Twenty-One", and "Seven" in Excodus 12 refer to the same timing as "a time, times, and half a time" and also the three days of Christ (three sevens), saying, "I cast out demons and perform cures today and tomorrow, and the third day I shall be perfected." The mystery is this:

Each of these sayings point to and describes the entire plan of God for salvation from Beginning to End (the fulness of Christ). The term "seven" is synonymous with "time" and also with "God." There are two times (fourteen) appointed to the flesh, one time (seven) appointed to the spirit, and all of time (seven days of creation) "divided" which are appointed to salvation (or twenty-one total).