One Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Trinity is revealed before God said; "let there be light".

Genesis 1
King James Version

1 In the beginning ( Jesus is the beginning) God created ( the Father's sovereign will) the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God (the Holy Spirit) moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Trinity is revealed before God said; "let there be light".

Yeah, from now onward I am going to be stupid, real stupid, a fool for Christ.
J.
Genesis 1
King James Version

1 In the beginning ( Jesus is the beginning) God created ( the Father's sovereign will) the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God (the Holy Spirit) moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Logos/Memra/Christ Jesus was just a 'thought' in the nous of YHVH?
If I am correct, you are on dangerous ground.
J.

“Just”...as in Limited to “A THOUGHT” ?

That is NOT, what I said.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Explain who is the Logos and who Christ Jesus is
And do use scripture since the most of you are just philosophizing.
J.

Greek speak is the IDEA of “logos”.

Scripture is clear to me, God Himself commanded WRITING of His Word, clearly intended for distribution.

The “so called Greek speak...LOGOS”, is simply Gods Word in written form.

IF you take that for “philosophizing”... so what?
Doesn’t affect me.

Jesus IS the Name, God gave to His Life, His WORD of Truth, His Way, for WHEN God sent His Word forth out of His mouth, prepared a body for His word in the likeness as a man, Sent His Word to Earth, expressly to “Speak” to Earthy men and “Be Seen” of Earthly men.
And no surprise. Men AGAIN, “WROTE” and “DISTRIBUTED” Gods Written Word.

Christ IS the Name, God gave to His Spirit, His Glory, His Power, His Wisdom, His Seed, that God Offered any man Desiring to Receive His Offering, Upon receipt, WOULD forever be WITH God, and God WOULD forever be WITH that man.

Pretty straight forward.
Individual men CHOOSE...God responds to men’s Choices.

Reactions: Azim

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On this thread I read ' it appears the Ruach HaKodesh is BOTH the Father and the Son..however, is the Holy Spirit a person?
Yes, of course He is, He's Jesus Christ.

Just as we see in John 14:21-23, we see in this passage again the Spirit referred to as the Father AND the Son, and specifically the Spirit of Christ.

"... if ... the Spirit of God dwell in you. ... the Spirit of Christ, ... And if Christ be in you ... the Spirit is life because of righteousness. ... if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead (the Father) dwell in you ... He shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you."
Romans 8:9-11

There are many names for the Father, Jesus and the Spirit that are describing God in general. They are not 3 persons. You are dividing what God never intended to be divided.

One means ONE. Jesus claims, many times - many ways, that He and the Father are ONE; and He never, not once, mentions the Spirit as a third entity ... EVER. The Spirit is His Spirit - just as our spirit is not a 2nd entity, nor an additional person to us. It is our spirit. If we are mind, body and spirit, does that make us 3 people (persons)?

Of course not.

Simple human reasoning, coupled with plain reading of Scripture, discounts the lie of the trinity ... over and over and over again.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Greek speak is the IDEA of “logos”.

Scripture is clear to me, God Himself commanded WRITING of His Word, clearly intended for distribution.

The “so called Greek speak...LOGOS”, is simply Gods Word in written form.

IF you take that for “philosophizing”... so what?
Doesn’t affect me.

Jesus IS the Name, God gave to His Life, His WORD of Truth, His Way, for WHEN God sent His Word forth out of His mouth, prepared a body for His word in the likeness as a man, Sent His Word to Earth, expressly to “Speak” to Earthy men and “Be Seen” of Earthly men.
And no surprise. Men AGAIN, “WROTE” and “DISTRIBUTED” Gods Written Word.

Christ IS the Name, God gave to His Spirit, His Glory, His Power, His Wisdom, His Seed, that God Offered any man Desiring to Receive His Offering, Upon receipt, WOULD forever be WITH God, and God WOULD forever be WITH that man.

Pretty straight forward.
Individual men CHOOSE...God responds to men’s Choices.

Do use scriptures since your 'pretty straightforward" is a wee bit crooked.
J.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Logos more accurately means ' conversation'. Discect the word ' dialogue'. Two people in conversation or using words to communicate to each other. Monologue means one person using words to communicate. Neither is describing written words.
The written Word is for teaching and correcting the faith and not for spreading it.

The primary expression of the Word is spoken. The gift of faith is through hearing. True then true now.

If the Scriptures we're able to offer the gift of faith the Holy Spirit wouldn't have needed Philip to speak to the Ethiopian eunuch who was seeking faith in Christ.

When the Apostles went out to the nations to spread the Gospel they expected the Gospel to be spread entirely by word of mouth. They knew that faith is through hearing the Word and that to hear the Word required that it be spoken.

The written Word was not commanded so much as gathered from the words used by those appointed by God to speak it . For faith to be spread the Word must be heard and for the Word to be heard it must be spoken.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Logos more accurately means ' conversation'.

Oral, speaking, communication, spreading, sure.

The written Word is for teaching and correcting the faith and not for spreading it.

Written is Also for spreading and verification.

The primary expression of the Word is spoken. The gift of faith is through hearing. True then true now.

If the Scriptures we're able to offer the gift of faith the Holy Spirit wouldn't have needed Philip to speak to the Ethiopian eunuch who was seeking faith in Christ.

When the Apostles went out to the nations to spread the Gospel they expected the Gospel to be spread entirely by word of mouth. They knew that faith is through hearing the Word and that to hear the Word required that it be spoken.

The written Word was not commanded so much as gathered from the words used by those appointed by God to speak it . For faith to be spread the Word must be heard and for the Word to be heard it must be spoken.

My daughter is profoundly deaf. She Hears NOTHING spoken.
By your limitations God who formed her precluded her from Physically Hearing His Word, AND? Thus precluded her from His Salvation?
Not so.

Reactions: amadeus

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By your limitations God who formed her precluded her from Physically Hearing His Word, AND? Thus precluded her from His Salvation?
Not so.
That doesn't mean she can receive the gift of faith by reading Scriptures.
You use a common fallacy to make an invalid point. The circumstances of a tiny few are brought up as an attempt to discredit something that is true
You present a strawman argument easy for you to refute.
No one with half a brain would argue that the deaf can't receive the gift of faith because faith is through hearing.
But to prove my point here is the first time the sound of the Word was heard and became the conduit of faith.

Luke1:44

For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You use a common fallacy to make an invalid point. The circumstances of a tiny few are brought up as an attempt to discredit something that is true
You present a strawman argument easy for you to refute.
No one with half a brain would argue that the deaf can't receive the gift of faith because faith is through hearing.

Your accusations are irrelevant.
Having dialogue, asking questions, is not a call for being contemptuous.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your accusations are irrelevant.
Having dialogue, asking questions, is not a call for being contemptuous.
Taken, my response isn't accusatory but describes your argument accurately.
OTOH.......
When I reread my post I'm ashamed of myself for using the term ' half a brain' in reference to the argument you presented.
You are right. My words were dripping with uncalled for contempt. Especially since I consider you a brother in Christ. I am sorry for my abusive language and I hope you can forgive me.

Reactions: Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oral, speaking, communication, spreading, sure.

Written is Also for spreading and verification.

Not so.
@Taken May the Lord richly bless the Scriptures to your daughter.....

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken May the Lord richly bless the Scriptures to your daughter.....

Thank you.
This concocted distancing nonsense has been particularly hard on people already daily dealing with distance hardships...
The Deaf, The In hospitals, The In adult care, The In prisons, etc.

But then that is how Evil and Wickedness Operates; Easy Targets First!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Taken, my response isn't accusatory but describes your argument accurately.
OTOH.......
When I reread my post I'm ashamed of myself for using the term ' half a brain' in reference to the argument you presented.
You are right. My words were dripping with uncalled for contempt. Especially since I consider you a brother in Christ. I am sorry for my abusive language and I hope you can forgive me.

Really?
Just wondering if your profession matches your style of life
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Just as we see in John 14:21-23, we see in this passage again the Spirit referred to as the Father AND the Son, and specifically the Spirit of Christ.

"... if ... the Spirit of God dwell in you. ... the Spirit of Christ, ... And if Christ be in you ... the Spirit is life because of righteousness. ... if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead (the Father) dwell in you ... He shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you."

There are many names for the Father, Jesus and the Spirit that are describing God in general. They are not 3 persons. You are dividing what God never intended to be divided.

One means ONE. Jesus claims, many times - many ways, that He and the Father are ONE; and He never, not once, mentions the Spirit as a third entity ... EVER. The Spirit is His Spirit - just as our spirit is not a 2nd entity, nor an additional person to us. It is our spirit. If we are mind, body and spirit, does that make us 3 people (persons)?

Of course not.

Simple human reasoning, coupled with plain reading of Scripture, discounts the lie of the trinity ... over and over and over again.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Of course not.

Too many examples of the Triune Godhead in both the Old and NT
for example

[YESHAYAH 55:11; BERESHIS 1:1], and the Dvar Hashem was agav (along with) Hashem [MISHLE 8:30; 30:4], and the Dvar Hashem was nothing less, by nature, than Elohim! [Psa 56:11(10); Yn 17:5; Rev. 19:13]
Joh 1:2 Bereshis (in the Beginning) this Dvar Hashem was with Hashem [Prov 8:30].
Joh 1:3 All things through him came to be, and without him came to be not one thing which came into being. [Ps 33:6,9; Prov 30:4]
Joh 1:4 In him was Chayyim (Life) and the Chayyim (Life) was the Ohr (Light) of Bnei Adam. [TEHILLIM 36:10 (9)]
OJB

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

The same was in the beginning with God. This is a repetition of what is before said, and is made to show the importance of the truths before delivered; namely, the eternity of Christ, his distinct personality, and proper deity; and that the phrase, in the beginning, is to be joined to each of the above sentences; and so proves, not only his eternal existence, but his eternal existence with the Father, and also his eternal deity; and is also made to carry on the thread of the discourse, concerning the word, and not God the Father; and to express, not only his co-existence in nature, but his co-operation in the works of creation next mentioned.

You see, the trinnies and non-trinnies worship the Father and the great God and Savior Christ Jesus not so?
But on this forum there is a 'middle wall of partition" a "great divide"
J.