One Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a mystery...how both Father and Son share one Holy Spirit.

God is One.

But one what?

God is One Holy Spirit. God IS Spirit.

Does that mean that the Holy Spirit is a separate person?

Of course not.

There is no Trinity....there is a Godhead (Elohim) of both Father and Son. That's it!

A Godhead...that's biblical...a Trinity is Roman Catholic teaching that was invented to control people. No need to seek baptism in the Spirit if you are already baptized in a "trinity." But there is no power in the church that does this.

Instead we need for God's Spirit to truly empower us...and guide us into life. No need to control the faith of others by a outward religious straitjacket. No need for an ecclesiastical hierarchy that pretends to represent God WITHOUT God's presence.

No need for an outward dogmatic religion that avoids God's presence and power.

We need to enter into the love and presence of God by His Spirit to have fellowship with both the Father AND the Son.

It's time to abandon catholic Sunday school dogmas that take the life and power away from the Church.

What say you?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way there is...?

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:10-11

And...

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think Jesus doesn't have a spirit of his own? Like a fully man person would have? If his spirit was the Holy Ghost then it might be unfair to say he was fully man.

Reactions: APAK

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that the God head and the trinity are both biblical because we are baptized in the name of the father the holy ghost and Jesus Christ and when we are baptized in the spirit we specifically receive the spirirt not the father or the son but the spirit so they are clearly seperate people one person yes but one spirit? no. if this was the case we would recieve the father and the son along with the spirit but we do not instead we receive the holy spirit and receive with him a divine relationship with the Godhead but we are baptized in the name of all three and the name is important to make note of because names have a very profound meaning and importance in God's kingdom it is by his name we are saved and baptized but we receive not his name but his spirit which is a mystery

in fact the holy spirit along with the glory of God are both what i am currently very curious about seeking more revelation about they fascinate me and i think the two are deeply related like out of everyone of the god head i think the holy spirit has something important to do with his glory i just don't know what yet

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I think that the God head and the trinity are both biblical because we are baptized in the name of the father the holy ghost and Jesus Christ and when we are baptized in the spirit we specifically receive the spirirt not the father or the son but the spirit so they are clearly seperate people one person yes but one spirit? no. if this was the case we would recieve the father and the son along with the spirit but we do not instead we receive the holy spirit and receive with him a divine relationship with the Godhead but we are baptized in the name of all three and the name is important to make note of because names have a very profound meaning and importance in God's kingdom it is by his name we are saved and baptized but we receive not his name but his spirit which is a mystery

in fact the holy spirit along with the glory of God are both what i am currently very curious about seeking more revelation about they fascinate me and i think the two are deeply related like out of everyone of the god head i think the holy spirit has something important to do with his glory i just don't know what yet

Why do people fear the face of God? does looking on him actually cause death?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The way there is...?

"But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted." Luke 14:10-11

And...

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33
@amadeus I am reminded also of Paul in Philippians 2, where he speaks of the Lord Jesus Whom 'God also hath highly exalted'......

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a mystery...how both Father and Son share one Holy Spirit.

God is One.

But one what?

God is One Holy Spirit. God IS Spirit.

Does that mean that the Holy Spirit is a separate person?

Of course not.

There is no Trinity....there is a Godhead (Elohim) of both Father and Son. That's it!

A Godhead...that's biblical...a Trinity is Roman Catholic teaching that was invented to control people. No need to seek baptism in the Spirit if you are already baptized in a "trinity." But there is no power in the church that does this.

Instead we need for God's Spirit to truly empower us...and guide us into life. No need to control the faith of others by a outward religious straitjacket. No need for an ecclesiastical hierarchy that pretends to represent God WITHOUT God's presence.

No need for an outward dogmatic religion that avoids God's presence and power.

We need to enter into the love and presence of God by His Spirit to have fellowship with both the Father AND the Son.

It's time to abandon catholic Sunday school dogmas that take the life and power away from the Church.

What say you?
Why then does Jesus refer to Him as "Him" and "He" and as having His own title: "Comforter", "Helper", saying "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you?"

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Episkopos said -

Then Mark 12:35-36 would not make any sense. In verse 35 Jesus says - “How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the Son of David? 36 For David himself said by the Holy Spirit:

‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”

So here we have David, inspired by the Holy Spirit, saying:
"the Lord [Father] said to my Lord [Son] "
“Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” o_O

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Episkopos said -

Then Mark 12:35-36 would not make any sense. In verse 35 Jesus says - “How is it that the scribes say that the Christ is the Son of David? 36 For David himself said by the Holy Spirit:

“Sit at My right hand,

God in Three Persons is indeed deeply present in Scripture.......

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Episkopos said -

“Sit at My right hand,

This also reminds me of,

John 14:16 KJV
16) And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

We see Three here also.

Much love!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think Jesus doesn't have a spirit of his own? Like a fully man person would have? If his spirit was the Holy Ghost then it might be unfair to say he was fully man.
Scripture says that the Son has is own spirit and shares the Father's spirit, his Holy Spirit!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Then we have Matthew 3:16-17 which says - As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Luke 3:21-22 confirms this with - 21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Then we have Matthew 3:16-17 which says - As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

Luke 3:21-22 confirms this with - 21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”
Such a strong witness to the Lord Jesus being glorified by the Holy Spirit..... John 16.13 also....

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1 Corinthians 12:4

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

Reactions: Nancy