One thing to ready yourself

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what you think when you hear about the corruption that is growing in what we have called the church over the years. As teaching seems to be bypassing the simplicity of knowing Jesus and obeying His commands to all kinds of other things making one last marketing attempt in a corrupt world to gain recognition. I now see some even selling themselves like a prostitute for customers or money to keep themselves afloat. It is hard to watch and comprehend how folks are following to their own peril.

We see preachers being afraid to speak out on things we need to hear concerning righteousness and lawlessness. Maybe even your own pastor or leader? And I think it is based on a prevailing fear to lose any congregants having already felt in a little or big way the disruptions due to covid lockdowns and other things overwhelming people at this time that telling them the truth may turn some away.

Even more direct the folks “Christians” who are part of the church, who at times, besides attending church and using God’s name it is becoming harder to tell them apart from those who are living in the world. Lying, cheating, gossiping, lazy, rebellious, taking what they did not earn are among some of things you see in those of us who call on the name of Jesus. I cringe wondering how will folks find Jesus if these are the ambassadors?

I guess that has always been the case but it has been brought more into view for me as I have been seeking out believers who really believe in Jesus and is reflected in their life. Not perfectly mind you, but heading I the same direction that I am. It is God’s Spirit that changes us along the way.

I think it is important to surround yourself with those you can trust. Not that these are the only kind of people that your life should intersect with, but they are the ones who you can gather together with to encourage one another in the Lord in sincerity of heart. If they are betraying Christ through their rebellious behavior how trustworthy are they? I know it is something we all think, but may not say it.

Now, this is a problem if you understand the past and when judgement draws near how many of them will sell you out to save themselves or remove the conviction of the Holy Spirit from among them (that’s you). Thank God, Jesus Saves!

The question I have for you is what are doing to get ready for the coming of Jesus Christ? I made this short video on one thing to keep in mind concerning this, but what do you say?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what you think when you hear about the corruption that is growing in what we have called the church over the years. As teaching seems to be bypassing the simplicity of knowing Jesus and obeying His commands to all kinds of other things making one last marketing attempt in a corrupt world to gain recognition. I now see some even selling themselves like a prostitute for customers or money to keep themselves afloat. It is hard to watch and comprehend how folks are following to their own peril.

We see preachers being afraid to speak out on things we need to hear concerning righteousness and lawlessness. Maybe even your own pastor or leader? And I think it is based on a prevailing fear to lose any congregants having already felt in a little or big way the disruptions due to covid lockdowns and other things overwhelming people at this time that telling them the truth may turn some away.

Even more direct the folks “Christians” who are part of the church, who at times, besides attending church and using God’s name it is becoming harder to tell them apart from those who are living in the world. Lying, cheating, gossiping, lazy, rebellious, taking what they did not earn are among some of things you see in those of us who call on the name of Jesus. I cringe wondering how will folks find Jesus if these are the ambassadors?

I guess that has always been the case but it has been brought more into view for me as I have been seeking out believers who really believe in Jesus and is reflected in their life. Not perfectly mind you, but heading I the same direction that I am. It is God’s Spirit that changes us along the way.

I think it is important to surround yourself with those you can trust. Not that these are the only kind of people that your life should intersect with, but they are the ones who you can gather together with to encourage one another in the Lord in sincerity of heart. If they are betraying Christ through their rebellious behavior how trustworthy are they? I know it is something we all think, but may not say it.

Now, this is a problem if you understand the past and when judgement draws near how many of them will sell you out to save themselves or remove the conviction of the Holy Spirit from among them (that’s you). Thank God, Jesus Saves!

The question I have for you is what are doing to get ready for the coming of Jesus Christ? I made this short video on one thing to keep in mind concerning this, but what do you say?
One day at the time, one moment at the time... pray without ceasing, rejoice in the Lord always...Ask God to help us do these things so impossible for us alone.

Will God not help us to do that which is right? He certainly will. People ask and do not receive because as James puts it... they ask amiss.

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day at the time, one moment at the time... pray without ceasing, rejoice in the Lord always...Ask God to help us do these things so impossible for us alone.

Will God not help us to do that which is right? He certainly will. People ask and do not receive because as James puts it... they ask amiss.
Great comment!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have written on this subject many times, Mark. There is even witchcraft being endorsed on the Christian Forums, including here now.

And the worst part is, many seem either complicit or oblivious.
The State Of "Christian Spirituality"

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the personal relationship each member of the church, the whole population of the faithful, gets lost when we look to a single member as shepherd.

To he worst examples of the worst case scenario I believe is exampled by televangelists.

People start believing in their pastor, be they female or male, and follow their teachings rather than rely on the bible to lead into understanding.

How many pastors have made news having been found out to be wolves in cheap fitting wool suits? Perverts, egocentrics, adulterers, materialist humanists, and so forth.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Could it be that much time is spent pointing out the ills of others and no time is spent sharing the wonder of God?
Could it be 'believing' folk prefer theological debate because they are bereft of knowing therefore don't have much wonder for God? Could it be that Laodicea is identified by these shortcomings?

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“A time will come when instead of shepherds feeding the sheep, the church will have clowns entertaining the goats.” - Charles Spurgeon