One True Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Most of the Protestants broke off from the Catholic Church starting with Martin Luther and then people discovered other truths and continued to move back to the "full truth" as was given in the book of Acts to the Apostles, by Jesus Christ. Along the way, some denominations when they had discovered one truth, stopped there instead of moving on into fullness of truth. Now, because they stopped without moving forward, many of those same denominations are now moving "back" into the Roman Catholic Church; for example, sprinkling for baptism, which there is not one scripture in the entire Bible where anyone was ever baptized by sprinkling. The Bible says that baptism is supposed to be a burial, but mankind took liberties and decided that he would sprinkle.

We have churches that were at one time on fire for truth, now they are ordaining homosexuals, such as the Methodists and the Episcopalians, they are ordaining homosexuals to be their pastors. So all these churches are now in apostasy and they are moving back toward Rome. Most of them are in the process of reuniting with the Roman Catholic Church right now.

With the love of Christ,
God bless!

Thank you for clarifing.
It is not Jesus you are interested in but some sort of theological fudge and political unity, nothing to do with the Truth.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Most of the Protestants broke off from the Catholic Church starting with Martin Luther and then people discovered other truths and continued to move back to the "full truth" as was given in the book of Acts to the Apostles, by Jesus Christ. Along the way, some denominations when they had discovered one truth, stopped there instead of moving on into fullness of truth. Now, because they stopped without moving forward, many of those same denominations are now moving "back" into the Roman Catholic Church; for example, sprinkling for baptism, which there is not one scripture in the entire Bible where anyone was ever baptized by sprinkling. The Bible says that baptism is supposed to be a burial, but mankind took liberties and decided that he would sprinkle.

We have churches that were at one time on fire for truth, now they are ordaining homosexuals, such as the Methodists and the Episcopalians, they are ordaining homosexuals to be their pastors. So all these churches are now in apostasy and they are moving back toward Rome. Most of them are in the process of reuniting with the Roman Catholic Church right now.

With the love of Christ,
God bless!

user said >> "many of those same denominations are now moving "back" into the Roman Catholic Church;

Nope, quite the opposite!! I was just reading this week, how the Roman Catholic Church in Brazil is dying at a rapid rate, with former Catholics flooding to evangelical churches. Same in Quebec where the Roman Catholic church is almost dead, with most of them being just vacant buildings now. I have Christian friends who have been in the Catholic Church just as a habit, but are now asking me for my recommendations for alternatives to the Roman Catholic Church.

user said >> for example, sprinkling for baptism, which there is not one scripture in the entire Bible where anyone was ever baptized by sprinkling. The Bible says that baptism is supposed to be a burial, but mankind took liberties and decided that he would sprinkle."

I enjoyed your rundown of church history. It was obviously compiled from many years of study notes. There are a few things that differ from my own studies. I might not necessarly accept, your guess that Rome is the the great Harlot. She has lots of competiton in that area, but Rome is certainly in the running. Maybe Rome is the home of the False Prophet. :)

Nevetheless, I am going to comment of the idea of sprinking instead baptism. The whole sprinke idea came from Augustine's promotion of the idea of 'original sin', but did not become church dogma until Jerome declared that babies who died without being 'baptized' could never enter heaven. So it became the practice within Romanism to sprinkle a baby a soon as possible after it had been born. Rome had adopted the pagan practice of sprinkling people and things with magic water for good luck, a practice that is still carried on within the church of Rome which has substituted a pagan ritual to replace Biblical Baptism. I recently read of a 'church' in South American, where the priest comes out into the parking lot after the service, and sprinkles all the cars in the parking lot for good luck.

In the early church before it was contaminated by Rome, it was the practice for candidates for baptism to engage in six months a catachumen [a Christian convert under instruction before baptism]. Upon completing the course, it was required of them to publically give an account of what they believed. Not something designed for babies. (Early Church Fathers, but I don't remember which one)

Reactions: user

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
user said >> "many of those same denominations are now moving "back" into the Roman Catholic Church;

Nope, quite the opposite!! I was just reading this week, how the Roman Catholic Church in Brazil is dying at a rapid rate, with former Catholics flooding to evangelical churches. Same in Quebec where the Roman Catholic church is almost dead, with most of them being just vacant buildings now. I have Christian friends who have been in the Catholic Church just as a habit, but are now asking me for my recommendations for alternatives to the Roman Catholic Church.

user said >> for example, sprinkling for baptism, which there is not one scripture in the entire Bible where anyone was ever baptized by sprinkling. The Bible says that baptism is supposed to be a burial, but mankind took liberties and decided that he would sprinkle."

I enjoyed your rundown of church history. It was obviously compiled from many years of study notes. There are a few things that differ from my own studies. I might not necessarly accept, your guess that Rome is the the great Harlot. She has lots of competiton in that area, but Rome is certainly in the running. Maybe Rome is the home of the False Prophet. :)

Nevetheless, I am going to comment of the idea of sprinking instead baptism. The whole sprinke idea came from Augustine's promotion of the idea of 'original sin', but did not become church dogma until Jerome declared that babies who died without being 'baptized' could never enter heaven. So it became the practice within Romanism to sprinkle a baby a soon as possible after it had been born. Rome had adopted the pagan practice of sprinkling people and things with magic water for good luck, a practice that is still carried on within the church of Rome which has substituted a pagan ritual to replace Biblical Baptism. I recently read of a 'church' in South American, where the priest comes out into the parking lot after the service, and sprinkles all the cars in the parking lot for good luck.

In the early church before it was contaminated by Rome, it was the practice for candidates for baptism to engage in six months a catachumen [a Christian convert under instruction before baptism]. Upon completing the course, it was required of them to publically give an account of what they believed. Not something designed for babies. (Early Church Fathers, but I don't remember which one)

First let me say that I really enjoyed your views, that you for sharing!

Your comment about the "priest comes out into the parking lot after the service, and sprinkles all the cars in the parking lot for good luck" provoked a thought regarding the final seven years before the Lord's return. Specifically, the 3 1/2 years of the mark of the beast, whereby no one could buy or sell ... What IF we were to stop by the Lord's Church whereby the Gifts of the Spirit, Fruit of the Spirit, and The Five-Fold Ministry are in operation, and at the end of the service each week, the true saints of God fill our cars with one gallon of gas and annoint the car with oil for to drive all week on that one gallon!

Unfortunately, many believe we will not be here in that time period due to the rapture. Personally, I place the rapture at the point when the two witnesses are taken up, that is when we ALL go...

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
[11] And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
[12] And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

But I guess that is topic for another thread.

Again, thanks for sharing,
God bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for clarifing.
It is not Jesus you are interested in but some sort of theological fudge and political unity, nothing to do with the Truth.

I found user's clarification completely on the mark and totally accurate. And your hatred of what he has said, and such a transparent revelation (yawn) of the god you serve.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First let me say that I really enjoyed your views, that you for sharing!

Your comment about the "priest comes out into the parking lot after the service, and sprinkles all the cars in the parking lot for good luck" provoked a thought regarding the final seven years before the Lord's return. Specifically, the 3 1/2 years of the mark of the beast, whereby no one could buy or sell ... What IF we were to stop by the Lord's Church whereby the Gifts of the Spirit, Fruit of the Spirit, and The Five-Fold Ministry are in operation, and at the end of the service each week, the true saints of God fill our cars with one gallon of gas and annoint the car with oil for to drive all week on that one gallon!

Unfortunately, many believe we will not be here in that time period due to the rapture. Personally, I place the rapture at the point when the two witnesses are taken up, that is when we ALL go...

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
[11] And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
[12] And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

But I guess that is topic for another thread.

Again, thanks for sharing,
God bless!

user said >> "Personally, I place the rapture at the point when the two witnesses are taken up, that is when we ALL go."

Nope, the rapture takes place much sooner than that. The chronology is all laid out in Rev 6 & 7. "When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth? They were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also." Rev 6

So for martyrs to continue to be killed, the saints must still be here on earth, because there will be no saints here after the rapture For those left behind "They did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts." Rev 9:21.

I believe that the saints will be here during the first 6 seals. I view the Tribulation in two parts. The first 6 seals are sort of a lesser Tribulation, are sort of a warm-up in preparation for the second part, the GREAT Tribulation, when God releases His full fury on those are left here after the rapture, as the 7th seal is opened. The time for the gentiles accepting Christ is over, because when the saints are raptured, the Holy Spirit goes with them, since their bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. So now "he that restraineth is taken out of the way. The times of the gentiles are over as the 144,000 Jews are sealed. Rev 7

After the sixth seal, "I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb" . . “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come **OUT** of the great tribulation. Rev 7:9

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
user said >> "Personally, I place the rapture at the point when the two witnesses are taken up, that is when we ALL go."

Nope, the rapture takes place much sooner than that. The chronology is all laid out in Rev 6 & 7. "When the Lamb broke the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God, and because of the testimony which they had maintained; and they cried out with a loud voice, saying, “How long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth? They were told that they should rest for a little while longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren who were to be killed even as they had been, would be completed also." Rev 6

So for martyrs to continue to be killed, the saints must still be here on earth, because there will be no saints here after the rapture For those left behind "They did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts." Rev 9:21.

I believe that the saints will be here during the first 6 seals. I view the Tribulation in two parts. The first 6 seals are sort of a lesser Tribulation, are sort of a warm-up in preparation for the second part, the GREAT Tribulation, when God releases His full fury on those are left here after the rapture, as the 7th seal is opened. The time for the gentiles accepting Christ is over, because when the saints are raptured, the Holy Spirit goes with them, since their bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit. So now "he that restraineth is taken out of the way. The times of the gentiles are over as the 144,000 Jews are sealed. Rev 7

After the sixth seal, "I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb" . . “These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?” I said to him, “My lord, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones who come **OUT** of the great tribulation. Rev 7:9

I certainly hope you are right.

Thanks again!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I found user's clarification completely on the mark and totally accurate. And your hatred of what he has said, and such a transparent revelation (yawn) of the god you serve.

Yes hatred of what is false.